What's new

Sadda Haq film banned !!

It is my personal view on the Khalistan issue. The last thing i want to see is a Sikh state next door. Our purpose was achieved when we got loads of them killed by their own countrymen by boiling up a non existent imagined state of Khalistan,having their holiest place bombed by their own countrymen and using them to assassinate their own prime minister. They owed us that for killing a huge number of us while migrating.

Khalistan is a dead horse, it always was, it just became apparent when we pulled the plug off it, only thing we lost was the betrayal over Siachen,but that will pan out in time. For now, we did get what we wanted out of that dead horse. I do sincerely hope,that the GOI will mop them up once in a while.

Khalistan Rests in cold storage :coffee:

Bloodshed in Punjab during partition was well planed and it achieved it's goal.

Questions to Indian members

Has there been, a comprehensive peace process between the Khalistan movement and GOI?

We can agree to disagree on this.
My friend, told me that in '91 there was a peace process where there would be massive autonomy granted, and then Bhutto committed Gaddari. My family is half sikh, half christian; despite all the hate against pakistan, it re-assures me to ehere that many people were unhappy at this betrayal.
n muh mod layiye just bcz apne dharam te gal aa jandi ae ? What happened in 84 riots was unexplainable and failure of our judiciary to convict those responsible is appalling as well but do we get any moral advantage of that when some of our own stand against punishments to guys like Rajoana as well ? Too many questions to answer among ourselves before we start questioning others.
How do you explain Operation Shanti? I once had a RAW agent recently confirm that that was a real planned operation, and what about the discovery of a scale model used to practice attacks on Darbar Sahib built and used from 82 and 83?
Also, president's rule started in 78, they started dis-arming the populace and what is the need to kill every youth in a village, and rape every woman? That is not counter-insurgency, and this movement only lives on because no justice has been granted.
Indeed it was a two way street.
e Golden Temple as his military HQ.

That said, the communal violence was reprehensible and I sincerely wish for Tytler to be punished most heavily for it. He should not get away.
Guru gobind singh ji's orders, as someone else mentioned is to stay tyaar bar tyaar ready for war in the blink of an eye.
In fact, in one of his vaars he says (paraphrasing) sword, musket, spear, dagget, etc. these are our saints. I suggest you understand sikhi before applying your own logic to it.

LOL Shastra like AK-47s, rocket launchers and machine guns to protect them against congressi gundas :woot: and you're justifying that, where these weapons legal in 1984? :omghaha::omghaha:
Yes, they were legal as many who were arrested multiple times never had a charge laid against them. Also, if you learn what the law of the commonwealth is vs statutory law you would know that they could claim lawful rebellion status as many freemen have and be above government charges.
Bloodshed in Punjab during partition was well planed and it achieved it's goal.
Yup, British wanted two weak countries that they could later re-invade.

-
Few more points: There obviously was media back then, if Amitabh as my family tells me would go on tv and scream blood in exchange for blood. The real reason no-one will be brought to justice, is well India is a right-wing facist country.

Finally, as another poster mentioned this was not a small minority, and Bhindrawale never ever asked for a separate nation. The issue was with Punjab's rights to the Sutjej and Beas rivers not being granted, and instead the center forcefully taking the water and giving it to other states.

India doesn't follow its const. for example, what happened to the princely states?

Many hindus fought alongside Bhindrawale, and in 1986 when the Sikh people did declare Khalistan, 500,000 gathered at Amritsar to do so.

It was what's called a Sarbat Khalsa, or coming together of the Khalsa. They were under pain of curfew, and arrest yet still came.

I think the aeronaut poster is Sindhi, and just mad; for example, a general with last name Khan (can't remember first) wrote in his book, that a handful of sikhs (squad so 12-20?) in a house, stopped the Pakistani Invasion of Rajasthan in '71 long enough (as they needed tanks against them) to turn a huge victory capturing thousands of acres, into a stunning defeat.

Neither, India nor Pakistan really has an honorable political class (does anywhere?) and leave it up to Punjabi to do everything big. We should move on from that though, those days are long gone and the issue no longer there.

Badal needs to go though, whether it's things like roadblocking successful restaurants to force sales, or known link to heroin traffickers in Canada he's the worst of the worst.

Just my 2 cents, I don't know a lot but just wanted to clear up mis-conceptions.

Indira didn't create Bhindrawale though, he was already the head of the Damdami Takshal which is one of the original sikh organisations set up over 300 years ago. She brought him into the political spotlight, but Sikhi already has a political structure indepandant of everywhere else, and him or anyone else could have risen to the top in that one without the support of GOI if they wished.

It's not particularly hard to have your voice heard in the sikh community..

@Jind_Sagar

I,personally don't wish to see Khalistan next door. It won't be a viable state and would cause headace to the region. Sikhs have no or little experiance in self governance,and a free Khalistan may not last long.

Bhutto did the right thing,we Pakistanis have nothing to gain or lose from Khalistan movement,why should we start punching a nuclear power for something with next to zero strategic capital to us.I may say that a majority of Pakistanis opposed Bhutto's Uturn on Khalistan and there may still be a lot of support for the Khalistan movement in Pakistan but there is little appetite for it. We are just coming out of 30 years of non stop engagement in Afghanistan,last thing we want is to see Khalistan issue erupt again.

We have turned Hassan Abdal into a Sikh holy city,you can come,be our guest,eat our food,use our infrastructure,worship your God,pay respect to Guru Nanak Ji (Peace be with him) and leave. This is all we have to offer.

Best Regards.

BTW My clan has around a 1000 years of recorded history here in Punjab. Im probably more Punjabi than many Punjabi folk,even though i don't make a big deal about it. IMHO Race,linguistics etc are old flawed concepts.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL Shastra like AK-47s, rocket launchers and machine guns to protect them against congressi gundas :woot: and you're justifying that, where these weapons legal in 1984? :omghaha::omghaha:

Guns yes, because congressi Gundas also had guns. In 1978 the Nirankaris who were also congressi Gundas shot dead 13 unarmed Sikh protesters. When these Gundas were let free because of Indira Gandh'is support for them, Sikhs also began to arm themselves. There were no rocket launchers, if Sikhs had them you think the tanks would go un opposed as they were during the attack? Bhindranwale's men were mostly armed with WW2 rifles(mostly licenced) and sten guns.

The whole situation got the point where it was because of Indira Gandhi trying to play political games in Punjab. First she followed her father's strategy by dividing Hindus and Sikhs along political lines, then she tried to divide the Sikhs but Sikhs ended up getting united under the Dharam Yudh Morcha, and to break the Sikhs she launched an unconstitutional war on it's own people. To justify the attack she created all sort of lies about Sant Bhindranwale. Gen Sinha of the Indian army who knew the whole situation and Indira Gandhi's political games very well, refused to follow her orders to attack it's own people, so he was removed. Instead she gave the command to Gen Vedhya who followed her orders without questioning it.

Guns yes, because congressi Gundas also had guns. In 1978 the Nirankaris who were also congressi Gundas shot dead 13 unarmed Sikh protesters. When these Gundas were let free because of Indira Gandh'is support for them, Sikhs also began to arm themselves. There were no rocket launchers, if Sikhs had them you think the tanks would go un opposed as they were during the attack? Bhindranwale's men were mostly armed with WW2 rifles(mostly licenced) and sten guns.

The whole situation got the point where it was because of Indira Gandhi trying to play political games in Punjab. First she followed her father's strategy by dividing Hindus and Sikhs along political lines, then she tried to divide the Sikhs but Sikhs ended up getting united under the Dharam Yudh Morcha, and to break the Sikhs she launched an unconstitutional war on it's own people. To justify the attack she created all sort of lies about Sant Bhindranwale. Gen Sinha of the Indian army who knew the whole situation and Indira Gandhi's political games very well, refused to follow her orders to attack it's own people, so he was removed. Instead she gave the command to Gen Vedhya who followed her orders without questioning it.

I agree that the Nirankaris had government protection. I agree Indira is to be blamed for the Punjab fiasco and should be held responsible for her act. Agree with most except General Vaidya as he was doing the duty for India as a soldier. If he had shown dissent, that is much more despicable.

Khalistan - Punjabis dreams will come true !!!.
tumblr_lwmn25eE9b1qakpoc.gif

Back
Top Bottom