What's new

Sadda Haq film banned !!

What needs to be done however is that those responsible for the riots afterwards - those Congressmen - need to be put behind bars.

However and most sadly it does not seem likely for those riots happened before the media age. So the perpetrators would most likely escape prison.

Questions to Indian members

Has there been, a comprehensive peace process between the Khalistan movement and GOI?

There was never a real peace process between the GOI and the separatists.
Today, there is no khalistan movement here except of some old funny guys holding a free khalistan board in Amritsar.

Khalistan only exists in the heads of some wishful thinkers and supporters in Canada, the UK or whatever.

There is no khalistan movement here except of some old funny guys holding a free khalistan board in Amritsar.

Khalistan only exists in the heads of some wishful thinkers and supporters in Canada, the UK or whatever.

That sounds very reassuring, i hope they will soon give up too in the face of realities.

What needs to be done however is that those responsible for the riots afterwards - those Congressmen - need to be put behind bars.

However and most sadly it does not seem likely for those riots happened before the media age. So the perpetrators would most likely escape prison.

I would'nt shed a tear if ppl like sajjan kumar, maken and tytler are bumped off by sikh extremists. But one shud'nt forget that innocent punjabi hindus were also pulled out of buses and gunned down in punjab, violence was a 2-way street. Those were horrible days.

Another slap on the face of "democratic" India

Funny that you would say that, the film was cleared by the Censor board under Union remit but banned by Punjab and Haryana state administration. But then a centralized security state would have hardly imparted the requisite knowledge to its denizens on how a truly federal setup works.

Another slap on the face of "democratic" India
Let's see how democratic you are if the TTP produces a movie too that shows NFWP as part of Talibstan or a BLA movie that shows the fight for an independent Balochistan and is allowed to be screened in Pakistan.

So don't talk rubbish and teach us about democracy which you haven't had since 1947! :P

That sounds very reassuring, i hope they will soon give up too in the face of realities.

They pretty much have, their internal funding in India came from Sikh businessmen from my city itself. The shocking thing was, I got barred from entering into my good friend's (he's Sikh) house for months because I mentioned that I was reading a book on Bhindranwale. His mother, with due respect to her, slapped me and told me not to bring all of that up around her son since it was not something they wanted being poured into their children. They called it poison.

Even the ruling party and opposition party in Punjab have taken to using the SGPC as a mop.

But there are some active elements of the movement in Canada and the British Isles.

Indeed it was a two way street.

And one of the biggest grouse I have against Sikh extremists when they criticize Indian Army for storming the Golden Temple is why do they first not question why Bhindranwale was allowed to keep arms in the Golden Temple.

Its as if they dont even acknowledge the fact that Bhindranwale desecrated the Golden temple by bringing arms, heavy weapons and used the Golden Temple as his military HQ.

That said, the communal violence was reprehensible and I sincerely wish for Tytler to be punished most heavily for it. He should not get away.

Speaking from personal experience I was shocked to see bhindrawale posters adorning shops outside golden temple in amritsar and also prabhakaran posters in pondicherry. Dunno how ppl can glorify such terrorists.

@Aeronaut The demise of the movement has less to do with the actions of any force state or union and more to do with the Sikh community itself, some glorify Bhindranwale as a man who fought for the respect of the Sikhs but even they will not toe his line. On the other hand most of the community concentrated on economic betterment, Punjab's agricultural sector and produce boomed, MSMEs run by Sikhs boomed, they are one of the most successful economic classes in India today.

It is only natural for such movements to occur since its more about getting your rightful share of the pie than religion or any other pretext. When those rights of the community, and they are legitimate rights mind you, get met then problems cease to exist.

My only grouse is that the perps of the Sikhs riots were not brought to justice. :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
It is my personal view on the Khalistan issue. The last thing i want to see is a Sikh state next door. Our purpose was achieved when we got loads of them killed by their own countrymen by boiling up a non existent imagined state of Khalistan,having their holiest place bombed by their own countrymen and using them to assassinate their own prime minister. They owed us that for killing a huge number of us while migrating.

Khalistan is a dead horse, it always was, it just became apparent when we pulled the plug off it, only thing we lost was the betrayal over Siachen,but that will pan out in time. For now, we did get what we wanted out of that dead horse. I do sincerely hope,that the GOI will mop them up once in a while.

Khalistan Rests in cold storage :coffee:

To be honest Pakistan just exploited the fault lines that were already there and didn't really create anything. And movements just dont dissolve.

I knw who were responsible for those incidents and how to channelize my anger towards them...par eho jehi ghatiya gallan jede kuch Sikh veer karde ne equating that idiot with our Guru jinna ne eh panth banayi siga ona te bada taras aanda ae. My family belongs to Delhi n still live there for last 40 years par jo chaurasich hoya os chiz nu counter karan layi main ek separatist leader(read terrorist) nu apne Guru da darja dava ? na veerji...meri Sikhi mainu ae ijazat vi nai dendi. Jede log Swarn Mandir andar bandookan fadke te Gurdwara complex nu apna adda bana ke baithe si main una nu gaalan de alawa kuch nai de sakda. Ki samjhda si Bhindrawale apne aap nu je o Akaal Takhtch rehn laga. Rehn de yaara...jinna zada gal karan ode bare ona gussa aunda ae.

Wht Indira did was wrong...her intention could have been right but her way was wrong. Jadon kuch Kashmiri terrorist Masjid andar jaake chupde taan saare kehnde ne maar dalo unna nu...jadon same gal Gurdwarech howe tan aapan muh mod layiye just bcz apne dharam te gal aa jandi ae ? What happened in 84 riots was unexplainable and failure of our judiciary to convict those responsible is appalling as well but do we get any moral advantage of that when some of our own stand against punishments to guys like Rajoana as well ? Too many questions to answer among ourselves before we start questioning others.

Some points need to be addressed here since you brought in many off topic points.

1. No one compared anyone to Guru Gobind Singh Jee. Listen to the song, the singer is saying all the people mentioned by him(10th Guru Jee, Banda Singh, Bhagat Singh, Udham Singh, Sant Bhindranwale, Rajoana) as Baaghi or rebellious. By saying that they are all Baaghi one is not making them all equal or same Darja. Only the sensationalist mind would think that.

2. Contrary to the propaganda by the congress party and media, Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale was not a separatist. He never asked or demanded Khalistan. So your claim that he is separatist is false. He advocated Sikh rights and the end to the discrimination that Punjab was facing from the central government, see Punjab's water and land disputes.

3. Secondly, it is not Swarn Mandir. A Sikh should never use that term for the Sri Darbar Sahib. It is Sri Harimandir Sahib (temple of Vaheguru) or simply Darbar Sahib.

4. A Gurdwara is not a Franciscan monastery or some Buddhist temple. There is no doctrine in the Sikh faith which prevents a Sikh to carry a Shastar(weapon) to a Gurdwara. A Sikh is suppose to be Shastardhaari. Sikhs have been doing this for the last 300 years. Sikhs even do Shastar pooja. Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee wrote a Bani in praise of Shastars called Shastar Naam Mala. Shastars are used as decoration in front of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee. So it doesn't make sense for a Sikh(like you) to object if a fellow Sikh carries Shastars to a Gurdwara. Also, there was a reason why Sikhs began to carry arms. It was protection from Congressi Gundas who were killing Sikhs. When Sikhs would complain to the police, many times police would not even write an FIR.

5. Your claim that Sant Jee made Sri Darbar Sahib into an Adda also needs to be addressed. At the time the entire Sikh Panth had launched the Dharm Yudh Morcha for Punjab's rights. In this were Sikhs of all walks of life from the Damdami Taksal, Nihangs, Akali Dal, Sikh students, elderly and even women. Thousands of Sikhs in Jathas of a thousand each had filled up the jails of Punjab by courting arrest. The leaders of the Morcha which included The Akalis, Sant Bhindranwale, Sikh intellectuals and even ex military officers had all made Sri Darbar Sahib as the central headquarters for this morcha because historically all Sikh morchas have been launched from Darbar Sahib. So this is nothing new. Please read up on Sikh history instead of getting brain washed by Congress propaganda.

6. I am assuming you are a Sikh? you trying to justify the attack on Sri Darbar Sahib is truly a sad thing to see. Indira Gandhi purposefully attacked on the most busy day of the year which was the martyrdom day of 5th Guru. She intentionally attacked on that day so maximum number of Sikhs would be killed. Around 5000 Sikhs were slaughtered which included women, elderly and even babies. Indira Gandhi had even surpassed the Mughal and Afghan atrocities when they attacked Darbar Sahib 2 centuries earlier.

7. You also brought up Rajoana. Try to understand the Sikh objection of his execution. For Sikhs Rajoana(who was an ex police man) was in a group which killed Beanta. This beanta is a man who won elections because Sikhs of punjab had boycotted elections that year. As a result of this, Beanta won because of the lowest electoral turnout in the history of Punjab. When he came to power he unleashed a murderous campaign in which untold numbers of Sikhs were slaughtered in cold blood. Entire families were wiped out. Rajoana at the time was a police man. When he saw first hand this slaughter of the Sikhs happening he decided to finish Beanta. Secondly, the main objection of the Sikhs to his execution is that if he is to be executed then why aren't congress leaders such as Tytler, Sajjan kumar, Kamal Nath punished who killed thousands of Sikhs in 84 anti Sikh riots? why are they rewarded with promotions? Why isn't the law the same for them?

Speaking from personal experience I was shocked to see bhindrawale posters adorning shops outside golden temple in amritsar and also prabhakaran posters in pondicherry. Dunno how ppl can glorify such terrorists.

Perhaps you are not fully aware of the circumstances which led to the rise of Bhindranwala as well as the idiotic handling of issue by GOI(till date) post bhidranwala...

Indeed it was a two way street.

And one of the biggest grouse I have against Sikh extremists when they criticize Indian Army for storming the Golden Temple is why do they first not question why Bhindranwale was allowed to keep arms in the Golden Temple.

bcoz he was seen as the savior of Sikh Community against evil GOI.

Its as if they dont even acknowledge the fact that Bhindranwale desecrated the Golden temple by bringing arms, heavy weapons and used the Golden Temple as his military HQ.
No people do acknowledge that.....but do you equate both IA and Bhindranwala as equaly party to the crime?? I am sure answer is "No"...See it is simple my Hero your villain...your villain my hero....b/w i have utmost respect for our Army...at the end of the day they were following orders of GOI....b/w i am sure you must be aware of the fact that it was IG who created BHindranwala...

That said, the communal violence was reprehensible and I sincerely wish for Tytler to be punished most heavily for it. He should not get away.

Unfortunately that is not gonna happen...it is almost 3 decades now...it is a said history of India and will remain so as justice will never be served...

Some points need to be addressed here since you brought in many off topic points.

1. No one compared anyone to Guru Gobind Singh Jee. Listen to the song, the singer is saying all the people mentioned by him(10th Guru Jee, Banda Singh, Bhagat Singh, Udham Singh, Sant Bhindranwale, Rajoana) as Baaghi or rebellious. By saying that they are all Baaghi one is not making them all equal or same Darja. Only the sensationalist mind would think that.

2. Contrary to the propaganda by the congress party and media, Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale was not a separatist. He never asked or demanded Khalistan. So your claim that he is separatist is false. He advocated Sikh rights and the end to the discrimination that Punjab was facing from the central government, see Punjab's water and land disputes.

3. Secondly, it is not Swarn Mandir. A Sikh should never use that term for the Sri Darbar Sahib. It is Sri Harimandir Sahib (temple of Vaheguru) or simply Darbar Sahib.

4. A Gurdwara is not a Franciscan monastery or some Buddhist temple. There is no doctrine in the Sikh faith which prevents a Sikh to carry a Shastar(weapon) to a Gurdwara. A Sikh is suppose to be Shastardhaari. Sikhs have been doing this for the last 300 years. Sikhs even do Shastar pooja. Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee wrote a Bani in praise of Shastars called Shastar Naam Mala. Shastars are used as decoration in front of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee. So it doesn't make sense for a Sikh(like you) to object if a fellow Sikh carries Shastars to a Gurdwara. Also, there was a reason why Sikhs began to carry arms. It was protection from Congressi Gundas who were killing Sikhs. When Sikhs would complain to the police, many times police would not even write an FIR.

5. Your claim that Sant Jee made Sri Darbar Sahib into an Adda also needs to be addressed. At the time the entire Sikh Panth had launched the Dharm Yudh Morcha for Punjab's rights. In this were Sikhs of all walks of life from the Damdami Taksal, Nihangs, Akali Dal, Sikh students, elderly and even women. Thousands of Sikhs in Jathas of a thousand each had filled up the jails of Punjab by courting arrest. The leaders of the Morcha which included The Akalis, Sant Bhindranwale, Sikh intellectuals and even ex military officers had all made Sri Darbar Sahib as the central headquarters for this morcha because historically all Sikh morchas have been launched from Darbar Sahib. So this is nothing new. Please read up on Sikh history instead of getting brain washed by Congress propaganda.

6. I am assuming you are a Sikh? you trying to justify the attack on Sri Darbar Sahib is truly a sad thing to see. Indira Gandhi purposefully attacked on the most busy day of the year which was the martyrdom day of 5th Guru. She intentionally attacked on that day so maximum number of Sikhs would be killed. Around 5000 Sikhs were slaughtered which included women, elderly and even babies. Indira Gandhi had even surpassed the Mughal and Afghan atrocities when they attacked Darbar Sahib 2 centuries earlier.

7. You also brought up Rajoana. Try to understand the Sikh objection of his execution. For Sikhs Rajoana(who was an ex police man) was in a group which killed Beanta. This beanta is a man who won elections because Sikhs of punjab had boycotted elections that year. As a result of this, Beanta won because of the lowest electoral turnout in the history of Punjab. When he came to power he unleashed a murderous campaign in which untold numbers of Sikhs were slaughtered in cold blood. Entire families were wiped out. Rajoana at the time was a police man. When he saw first hand this slaughter of the Sikhs happening he decided to finish Beanta. Secondly, the main objection of the Sikhs to his execution is that if he is to be executed then why aren't congress leaders such as Tytler, Sajjan kumar, Kamal Nath punished who killed thousands of Sikhs in 84 anti Sikh riots? why are they rewarded with promotions? Why isn't the law the same for them?

LOL Shastra like AK-47s, rocket launchers and machine guns to protect them against congressi gundas :woot: and you're justifying that, where these weapons legal in 1984? :omghaha::omghaha:

Back
Top Bottom