What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

Must be older images since it still had the huge pitot
According to @牧是家, they are latest ones.
微信图片_20200930174300.jpg

China must start j-31v2 production as soon as possible...

FC-31 for now is test module for their J-35 fighter. If there's investors pumping in capital for FC-31 meant for export market then its production would start sooner. It won't be hard for them to do so as the FC-31 design cue and wings angle are almost copied from F-35A + some F-22 for twin engines configuration. It would be nice if there's FC-31 sold to allies.

JIs the J-31 a good plane? How and when it goes into production compared to its Western competitors.

RD-93 Engines or WS-13?

I think these are the RD-93s according to the Russians who are supplying them. I don't think they're using the WS-13s on this like the JF-17, but I believe they'll eventually use the WS-13E which is supposedly a bit more powerful than the WS-13. But @Deino can correct me if I'm wrong.

I think these are the RD-93s according to the Russians who are supplying them. I don't think they're using the WS-13s on this like the JF-17, but I believe they'll eventually use the WS-13E which is supposedly a bit more powerful than the WS-13. But @Deino can correct me if I'm wrong.
it's still second prototype of J31 with russian engine RD93, which made its maiden flight on December 2016
note that J31 project is still pending; it could be dead project if none of orders

it's still second prototype of J31 with russian engine RD93, which made its maiden flight on December 2016
note that J31 project is still pending; it could be dead project if none of orders
The J-31 project is replaced with J-35, a naval carrier based stealth fighter approved by PLAN. The final out come may be only slight different this.

Those are WS-13Es, not RD-93s. The first aircraft the WS-13E was incorporated into was the 31003 FC-31 prototype in 2016.
WS-13, not RD-93. Only 31001 (31002 was for static airframe tests) had RD-93s, which gave the smoky performance in at Zhuhai 2014.

Last edited:
That's alright. I guess they're new for some of us that haven't seen them already.

You're right coz some of us haven't seen these photos yet, thanks for posting. The notable changes spotted on the radome, canopy, fuselage area before air intakes, flatter rear top, wings and tail fins look different from prototypes.
JIs the J-31 a good plane? How and when it goes into production compared to its Western competitors.

FC-31 is surely more affordable and lower maintenance compared to F-35 and European fighters. Best thing is the FC-31 stealth and with its price, users won't hesitate to load external payloads compared to F-35 that is too precious to do so to risk flying under low RCS forgoing stealth. It will go into production for export market limited to allies.

Last edited:
You're right coz some of us haven't seen these photos yet, thanks for posting. The notable changes spotted on the radome, canopy, fuselage area before air intakes, flatter rear top, wings and tail fins look different from prototypes.

Again you are wrong and as it seems only for the reason to contradict my reply: There si nothing new, it is exactly the same prototype - in fact second demonstrator no. 31003 - we know since years. Also these images were posted long ago and the fact that you are either too lazy or too dumb to check does not make them new not do they add any "notable changes spotted on the radome, canopy, fuselage area before air intakes, flatter rear top, wings and tail fins"!

Again, take this as a warning: STOP with this constant posting of false stuff, faked news and simply wrong BS.

Back
Top Bottom