What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

Well, this jet is not a sign of Chinese innovation. J-20 is far more original and is optimized for its role, this jet isn't. It carries over all the design defects of F-35 and make it worse by putting two engines in, which reduces fuel capacity and range. The F-35 is aerodynamically compromised to achieve SVTOL, and no conventional jet needs to replicate those compromises, yet Chinese did just that.

The F-35 was the worst fighter jet out of the US aerospace industry in 40 years(Before that, the worst was F-104, another Lockheed product), and Chinese copied that with stolen data..
If you were anymore retarded, you'd officially go into the negative IQ territory.

congratulations :china: ... who cares if its innovation or copied, majority of US war machinery is copied of German ww2 tech

Well, this jet is not a sign of Chinese innovation. J-20 is far more original and is optimized for its role, this jet isn't. It carries over all the design defects of F-35 and make it worse by putting two engines in, which reduces fuel capacity and range. The F-35 is aerodynamically compromised to achieve SVTOL, and no conventional jet needs to replicate those compromises, yet Chinese did just that.

The F-35 was the worst fighter jet out of the US aerospace industry in 40 years(Before that, the worst was F-104, another Lockheed product), and Chinese copied that with stolen data..

You can't be serious just with 3 pictures to judge this aircraft, innovation doesn't have mean to be on the shape or aerodynamic, it can be internally such materiaux, Avionic or assembly. if the shape of this aircraft met the stealthy criteria...why reinvented the wheel??

As for the engine, I believe the basic aspect of design is to meet the military requirement: fuel penalty with two engine to increase aircraft reliability and safety or single engine with long range,
nowady a air-air engagement will only lasted few minutes once each side detect other...the aircraft aerobatic performance is very critical...so i believe two engine is right choice.

Some so-called specifications of this 5 gen fighter(“粽子机”的“粽子馅”图解 )

DTjcQ.jpg

mkoQc.jpg

ShFc1.jpg

¡°ôÕ×Ó»ú¡±µÄ¡°ôÕ×ÓÏÚ¡±Í¼½â ÀàËÆF-22(2)-¾üÊÂÈÈͼ-¾üÊÂÇ°ÑؾüÊÂÍø

CAN YOU TRANSLATE Some of the specifications ?

Kudos to chinese..... hope more information will be revealed about the bird within few days... keep posting guys..

So the bird can carry weapons both internally and externally??? how about the stealth while it carries weapon externally?

I tend to agree with you. the wing span is also very small like F-35. maybe 2 engines are incorporated with point defence not range and endurance in mind and also some extra kick which is impossible to achieve at current Chinese tech level. remember that F35 is boasted to have the biggest single engine of a fighter jet and is a very heavy plane too. copying that deign meant that a single Russian or Chinese engine might not have even managed to get the plane off from the tarmac (ok thats an exaggeration but you understand the context)

the PS pics in post number 306 suggest that there might be a Naval version of that with that extended hook

it's just a description of each components such win, flap, SDI intake, engine of the aircraft ... pretty much obvious to guess without the need for translation :D

Which Engine ? Radar ? range of the fighter ? Payload ? all this things are mentioned' ?

Which Engine ? Radar ? range of the fighter ? Payload ? all this things are mentioned' ?

Nothing specific about what you asked on the description...that's all about about secretcy right? ;)...otherwise it will make spy job too easy.

if the shape of this aircraft met the stealthy criteria...why reinvented the wheel??
Because the F-35 design is most optimized for SVTOL, and pays the price in terms of acceleration, range, and max speed.

As for the engine, I believe the basic aspect of design is to meet the military requirement: fuel penalty with two engine to increase aircraft reliability and safety or single engine with long range
The Chinese engineers may not have had a choice because the F-35 is a highly draggy design that needed 40,000 lbs of thrust.

nowady a air-air engagement will only lasted few minutes once each side detect other...the aircraft aerobatic performance is very critical...so i believe two engine is right choice.
But two engines take up more space, leaving less room for fuel. The F-35 with 8.5 tons of internal fuel gets only 590 nm combat radius; and it is actually failing to achieve that range target. If the Chinese F-35 has two engines, then its fuel capacity is even lower.

The better solution was learn from the F-35 data and design a new airframe that fixes the design compromises of F-35, but the Chinese engineers decided to not to take that path, as it appears that stealth and time to market were more important than the most optimal airframe design.

With all due respect, Korean, I do not agree with your analysis.

1. You are being too harsh on the F-35. You make it sound like a complete failure with no merits at all. I won't analyze it bit-by-bit because I don't have the aerodynamics degrees and inside information needed to make a conclusive analysis but you have to know that the F-35 will be the premier fighter for the Western world (and possibly Japan and Korea) for quite a while. It just can't be all flaws.

2. You are not giving the Chinese enough credit. You are assuming that the Chinese basically stole the F-35 design, and had no idea what to make of anything, so just copied it directly and hoped that it flies. You are assuming that the top engineers in China know less than you do about the flaws of the F-35 yet they're the ones with aerodynamics degrees and they actually have the F-35 blueprints. You are assuming that even after the F-35 was done and many flaws analyzed, the Chinese still incorporated them almost deliberately. Basically, you're saying that you could have made a much better plane if you headed the project.

To me, this plane seems to fuse the F-35 with the F-22. From the front, it looks like the F-35 with larger wings and stabilizers. From the side, it looks somewhat like the Raptor. I would expect that it has improved the F-35's aerodynamic challenges by incorporating some aspects of the Raptor (heck, maybe the Chinese got the blueprints to that one too) but kept many of the advances and money-saving designs of the F-35. I expect this to be a plane that gives amazing bang for the buck (like the JF-17)

You see..this call potential leapfrog : if china need to follow western steps to copy the inferior export version of military hardware...than there will never a chance for China to excede them...the only way of sucess is adventuring in different paths away from western countries or "chinese's way of doing things" and invest alot on the basic R&D.

And thanks to western embargo...that these two little monsters (j-20 & j-31) see the daylight regardless of its capabilities...otherwise we might have to continue copy & paste of western or Russian under-rated version of export fighters.

Indian fools think that only by being exposed to Western technology can other's progress.

Wait till 2020, with both the J-20 and J-31 in Chinese service, and see them p*ssing in their pants, as all they will have will be low-tech Su-30 and Rafale fighters and maybe that supposed 5th generation PAK-FA which looks very non-stealth to me

Back
Top Bottom