What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

No plane built without significant heat resistant materials can travel far at those improbable speeds.

fc-31vx-cg-planaf-serial-81192-20170701-2-jpg.407563
I thought what is seen here was a space rocket at first. Haha.

the last one says that the one engine which is under RD now, will give the plane 3.5-4.6m speed at 30km high.

What should that mean ??? 3.5-4.6m speed at 30km ??? :undecided:
No aircraft can fly at an altitude of 30km and what kind of speed should that be (3.5-4.6m speed) ???

Either there was something lost or that reporter misquoted something :crazy:

sorry for my mistake , it is 4.0 Mach, not 4.6.

maybe soon we will see the video from which the pictures are taken, then we can discuss what kind of engine is under developing, and for what kind of plane.

That is actually what is written in Chinese on that final image, which I also find hard to believe.

It was 3.5 to 4.0 Mach by the way.

But even this is - at least for an FC-31-based design impossible ... Even if Asok will take it for granted and prof for a 200 kN thrust engine.

No kidding. That boasting of their supposed engines honestly makes them look ridiculous.
Let me clarify, they did not claimed FC-31 with those engine can go Mach 4.
The wording in Chines only say, its suitable for plane going at Mach 4. They just happen to illustrate on FC-31.
I dont find it boasting. China AVIC brochure and posting hardly boast. In fact, they always state the most possible condition for the spec unlike Russian who will be their highest spec like claiming R-77 BVRAAM missile has range of 150km which we all know is only possible when the plane and missile is at max altitude..

The Conference posting emphasis is on engine and not plane. Take note.

But even this is - at least for an FC-31-based design impossible ... Even if Asok will take it for granted and prof for a 200 kN thrust engine.
How do you know its definitely not a 200kn thrust engine? That is why I say you are not suitable to be moderator of Chinese forum section. You are so quick to jump on skeptics w/o even fully understand the Chinese context. You heavily depend on selective forumer translation to help you make judgement. And are their translation is always reliable? Let me clarify again. Its not on plane but on the engine. FC- 31 is just happen to be one of the possible candidate for that engine. They never claim FC-31 with their new engine can go Mach 4.

Let me clarify, they did not claimed FC-31 with those engine can go Mach 4.
The wording in Chines only say, its suitable for plane going at Mach 4. They just happen to illustrate on FC-31.
I dont find it boasting. China AVIC brochure and posting hardly boast. In fact, they always state the most possible condition for the spec unlike Russian who will be their highest spec like claiming R-77 BVRAAM missile has range of 150km which we all know is only possible when the plane and missile is at max altitude..

The Conference posting emphasis is on engine and not plane. Take note.

Thanks for that clarification, however an engine for a Mach 4 capable aircraft is completely different to a regular modern fighter engine suitable for a FC-31-based design and so the engine shown cannot be that engine. Therefore is it IMO again a similar stupid decision - similar stupid to the FC-31-model at Paris - to use a clearly FC-31-derived design with an engine in order to promote a Mach-4-capable engine.

Deino

How do you know its definitely not a 200kn thrust engine? That is why I say you are not suitable to be moderator of Chinese forum section. You are so quick to jump on skeptics w/o even fully understand the Chinese context. You heavily depend on selective forumer translation to help you make judgement. And are their translation is always reliable? Let me clarify again. Its not on plane but on the engine. FC- 31 is just happen to be one of the possible candidate for that engine. They never claim FC-31 with their new engine can go Mach 4.

PURE LOGIC !!! I do not need to read Chinese to understand that such an engine can never reach 200kN.

You are so quick to pick up each and every hyperbole that fits Your chest-bumping even without fully understanding any technical issues.

Explain me how such a small engine suitable for a medium-weight fighter could reach 200kN ??? Explain me how and why should a modern turbofan be suitable for Mach 4.

And if they have indeed such an engine available why then using a FC-31 in that poster ?

PURE LOGIC !!! I do not need to read Chinese to understand that such an engine can never reach 200kN.

You are so quick to pick up each and every hyperbole that fits Your chest-bumping even without fully understanding any technical issues.

Explain me how such a small engine suitable for a medium-weight fighter could reach 200kN ??? Explain me how and why should a modern turbofan be suitable for Mach 4.

And if they have indeed such an engine available why then using a FC-31 in that poster ?

If you used such analogy. It will not be accepted in court. Do you know that?

Can Guizhou show the state secret plane that goes Mach 4? Of cos they need to pick the next suitable open candidate for that engine. As I say , photo did not correspond to wording. This is a fact you as a Chinese military watcher needs to understand and accept it for China.
Maybe the secret plane has a four engine arrangement to let it achieve Mach 4 speech. Each thrust possible 120kn and that will give 480kn. I just give an example how these new engine may give it the reason for Mach 4 plane.

In China military, key point is always wording and not picture or photo. That is why I think you are not suitable for Chinese military forum moderator since you hardly understand Chinese. It will causes a lot of conflict and interest.

Last edited:
You are again comparing apples with bananas !

My point is simply if You want to advertise something You need to show what You try to sell ... so if You want to sell apples, why then showing bananas?

I do not question that Guizhou has such an engine in test, production or maybe even in use; we have enough reports about high-speed research but why using a FC-31 if You want in fact tell the world You have a Mach 4 capable engine..
You call it the Chinese way ... I call it at best "strange".

... and by the way being a moderator here has NOTHING to do if I can understand Chinese; but I know You will never accept or understand that.

A new prototype, perhaps? Does anyone have updates about the prospects of the FC-31 being selected by the PLAN?

89fbeef1ly1fhl0y8r46yj20l80hsq3o.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom