What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

Maybe they already have customers. They don't rush it. when you don't show the best you have got in hands means you are not in a hurry to sell it.

Or maybe FC31blk2 will attend PLAN competition. The current show up of FC31 BLk1 in IDEX means the advanced version will be inducted by PlAN or PLAAF, a good news per my perspective.

I hope You are right !

Honestly, I find this a little unacceptable, considering that IDEX is probably one of the most important military show of the year and that V2 model is already seen in other military shows. Maybe for some reason, AVIC is now only exporting the V1. Maybe it's because PLAN is getting the V2. Maybe it just that the V2 model somehow got damaged and they don't have a backup model. I do not know.

Honestly, I find this a little unacceptable, considering that IDEX is probably one of the most important military show of the year and that V2 model is already seen in other military shows. Maybe for some reason, AVIC is now only exporting the V1. Maybe it's because PLAN is getting the V2. Maybe it just that the V2 model somehow got damaged and they don't have a backup model. I do not know.
v2 model is alive..thats what i can say to u

Here it is again even labelled with '31001' so You really can't take this model seriously as a current iteration !

View attachment 378613
@Deino @Beast @SinoSoldier i safely assume that the models made to showcased this year are from poor designers...u can just look at the thunder far behind which has different tail design swept so its just bad moddeling of 31001

I agree with wanglaokan that they mostly has secure potential customer that it will be a waste of money to further promote it.

I agree with wanglaokan that they mostly has secure potential customer that it will be a waste of money to further promote it.
They just walk it through at IDEX by showing an old model of FC31, that says everything. China is not counting on selling weapons to make a living, we have lot of other business to take care of.

But why ??? Did Lockheed Martin give up any sales and promotion efforts after it gained the first order ?

Maybe PLAN won't allow SAC to export the BLK2 yet. But Pakistan is an exception, we will share the advanced version to PAF.

But why ??? Did Lockheed Martin give up any sales and promotion efforts after it gained the first order ?
It's not about the order, it's about the permission to export is not given. It doesn't make sense to promote something which is not available.

Excuse me for my ignorance (I have not been following this thread) - is there any knowledge of the FC-31's internal weapons bay capacity in terms of air-to-air missiles?

Excuse me for my ignorance (I have not been following this thread) - is there any knowledge of the FC-31's internal weapons bay capacity in terms of air-to-air missiles?

Basically internal bay can fit 6 medium range Air-To-Air missile or 4 long range Air-To-Air missile.

Back
Top Bottom