What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

Bro, It doesn't have side bays.
Wow, I'm really out of the loop aren't I :blink:

Will it carry 2 on wingtips, like the F-35?

file.php

Are You sure ? I know models and CGs usualyl show that maximum load-out, but since the J-20's bay also can hold only four large AAMs and I don't think the FC-31's bay is larger, I'm a bit sceptical.
So far we haven't even seen the bays.
Deino

i think PL12 is medium AA missile, maybe future will have ER version, not sure other member。

i think PL12 is medium AA missile, maybe future will have ER version, not sure other member。

I don't think so, but besides that even an ER-version does not make the weapons bay larger.

I don't think so, but besides that even an ER-version does not make the weapons bay larger.

what is means it can improvement from missile itself, like improve missile engine, solid-fuel,etc. PL12 have 203mm diameter vs AIM120 have 180mm diameter, still have many room for improvement.
PL12 i read many place just list as medium AA missile with range about 70-80km. new improvement version possible reach 100-120km than will be long range.

what is means it can improvement from rocket itself, like improve missile engine, solid-fuel,etc.
PL12 i read many place just list as medium AA missile with range about 70-80km. new improvement version possible reach 100-120km than will be long range.

Yes, but my point is that IMO that bay is simply not large enough to fit 6 PL-12 !

Like the J-20 program, it's expected that the FC-31 would be an evolutionary process.

In geral YES, but for a program that was about a year ago nearly on the edge of being cancelled a PT-3 is a giant leap ... and IMO a clear sign that it is not only an export-project.

Deino

In geral YES, but for a program that was about a year ago nearly on the edge of being cancelled a PT-3 is a giant leap ... and IMO a clear sign that it is not only an export-project.

Deino

To be fair, other "export-only" projects like the MiG-35 also produced several prototypes. I agree that there is a possibility that the PLAN has adopted it, but the appearance of a 3rd prototype isn't necessarily indicative of this.

Back
Top Bottom