What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

Interesting, an image of FC-31 v2.0 (which is essentially confirmed to not have an EOTS, at least for now) along with an engraving of a landing ship.

Could this possibly mean that the PLAN is interested in the FC-31?
i i am not wrong this ship is an amphibious carrier right ? ;-)

Recently released image of FC-31v2 shows it's actual flight pic from the view of window where a PLAN Type 072 Amphibious Landing deck carrier ship is displayed . We can conclude 2 things from this pic :
-No EOTS present on the prototype presently
-Possible Future Purchase of the jet by PLAN (Chinese Navy) or chinese marines
16712008_585973901573108_3568078480802426478_n.png

Recently released image of FC-31v2 shows it's actual flight pic from the view of window where a PLAN Type 072 Amphibious Landing deck carrier ship is displayed . We can conclude 2 things from this pic :

But would a FC-31 of any sort make sense for a Amphibious Landing deck carrier ?? IMO not really.

General YingZhuo once said on CCTV he strongly advocate PLAN inducting FC31, cause its take off weight is more suitable for carrier than J20. I think the possibility of PLAN inducting FC31 is very very high. Rumor said CAC is developing a single engine medium stealthy fighter, but a single engine fighter is not safe on the high sea. Unless CAC can design a medium stealthy fighter based on WS15 engine, otherwise it's not attractive enough. That again come down to engine problem, it restricts our fighter design. I hope CAC can develop a single engine fighter based on WS15 in the future. That comes the high- low company with J20.

Last edited:
Here..it all depends on thrust to weight ratio of this machine...however is this runway suitable (long) enoiugh?

Attachments

• Capturej.PNG
    Capturej.PNG
    25.4 KB · Views: 74
Its a carrier aboard version, have you noticed the PLAN ensign on side of its fuselage? It means a lot!

timg

To admit, I had a similar idea, the question however is. how reliable is this model ?
Is it a true model made by SAC/AVIC with the PLANAF flag as a hint or is it a fan-made-model with simply the PLANAF-flag patched on it?
Even more, how recent is it ? Is it from the time, when the PLA was still interested and as such does not match the current V2-configuration or is it a recent one showing modifications esp. for a carrier-version ?

Deino

To admit, I had a similar idea, the question however is. how reliable is this model ?
Is it a true model made by SAC/AVIC with the PLANAF flag as a hint or is it a fan-made-model with simply the PLANAF-flag patched on it?
Even more, how recent is it ? Is it from the time, when the PLA was still interested and as such does not match the current V2-configuration or is it a recent one showing modifications esp. for a carrier-version ?

Deino
All I can say is FC31 has lot of fans in PLAN, including lot of Generals. The possibility of inducting it is increasing.

Deino
we can use some points :
The possibility of PAF inducting FC31 will expand exponentially if PLAN/PLAAF induct FC31 at the same time, economy of scale will be a determined factor. We can develop FC31A for our airforce and FC31B for navy.@MastanKhan @DESERT FIGHTER @Horus @Windjammer @MarvellousThunder@PDC @Basel @Khafee
bro tbh PAF will induct FC31 before PLAN does...write it on a paper and keep it safe..thnx me later :-)

Back
Top Bottom