What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

Whatever happened to the sharp sword? After that initial taxi test, we haven't heard anything about it...at least I haven't.

The rumor mill has it that an improved prototype might fly in 2016. It seems that, as with other aircraft from Shenyang, the initial prototype is merely a technology demonstrator.

The rumor mill has it that an improved prototype might fly in 2016. It seems that, as with other aircraft from Shenyang, the initial prototype is merely a technology demonstrator.
Makes sense, considering that is exactly what the FC-31 was.

Whatever happened to the sharp sword? After that initial taxi test, we haven't heard anything about it...at least I haven't.

That's because the Sharp Sword UAV is being developed/test-flighted in a secret location in southwest China that is far from the public eyes。At least 2 prototypes have been built so far。

All serious test-flights of major UAVs will be carried out at this base。

Patience,patience,patience!

Patience is a virtue。:enjoy:

Patience,patience,patience!

Patience is a virtue。:enjoy:

First of all: Patience might be a virtue ... but surely not mine !

And second: Can I assume with this statement, You know something that "might" be interesting to us ... but You want to test our virtues !??

Deino

First of all: Patience might be a virtue ... but surely not mine !

And second: Can I assume with this statement, You know something that "might" be interesting to us ... but You want to test our virtues !??

Deino

:coffee::enjoy::tup:

Arrrrrrggg ... I give up, patience is not mine, but I've heard that curiosity is also a virtue ... and that fit's me much more nicely.

They are the same and even if FC-31 is the official designation, J-31 has become so common - probably in expectation of a future PLAAF- or PLANAF-version - especially in different forums that You cannot ignore it anylonger...

What's "J-31" ? I know FC-31 but not "J-31".

Henri K.
fine wheres the fc-31 v2 then?

They are the same and even if FC-31 is the official designation, J-31 has become so common - probably in expectation of a future PLAAF- or PLANAF-version - especially in different forums that You cannot ignore it anylonger...
thank you

J-31 is not the official designation, it does only exist in the head of some amateurs and some medias, the ONLY official designation used by all official organizations (included AVIC) is FC-31, nothing more.

If FC-31 becomes one day a PLAAF or PLANAF version, the possible reference will be J-21.

fine wheres the fc-31 v2 then?
thank you

Roll-out still planned this year.

Henri K.

J-31 is not the official designation, it does only exist in the head of some amateurs and some medias, the ONLY official designation used by all official organizations (included AVIC) is FC-31, nothing more.

Hmmm, did I make a typo ?? I think I said, that the only official designation is FC-31 ...

If FC-31 becomes one day a PLAAF or PLANAF version, the possible reference will be J-21.

Roll-out still planned this year.

Henri K.
any idea when? there has been pics on the internet of a jet approximatly the same size of the f22? which is speculated to be the fc-31 v2

Back
Top Bottom