What's new

SAC - FC-31 Grey Falcon Stealth aircraft for PAF : Updates & Debate

A useless effort

Why? IMO this is probably the most realistic approach for any of these "smaller" fifth generation types that are currently under development - like the Türkish TFX, the Indian AMCA - in countries that so far have no experience in developing a fifth generation type.

It might be rated a lame compromise between cost, operational performance, stealth and own the own industry's capabilities but IMO I expect this one at least to fly, whereas all other's I'm most sceptical.

Why? IMO this is probably the most realistic approach for any of these "smaller" fifth generation types that are currently under development - like the Türkish TFX, the Indian AMCA - in countries that so far have no experience in developing a fifth generation type.

It might be rated a lame compromise between cost, operational performance, stealth and own the own industry's capabilities but IMO I expect this one at least to fly, whereas all other's I'm most sceptical.
It's lame

I am more interested in a model of KUANG-CHI which similar to JSOW
Kuang-Chi a company that develops and produces meta-materials. I wouldn't take their product demonstrations at face value. They are there more for showcasing their technologies. Their technologies can be used on a JSOW like product or 5th generation fighter but those models do not represent final products.

It's lame

But again why? You simply state this as if it is a fact, no explanations??

IMO it is better to have such a type flying and reaching operational status some day than hanging on wet-dreams which in the end fail due to too high aims. IMO the TFX and AMCA are prime examples for this.

But again why? You simply state this as if it is a fact, no explanations??

IMO it is better to have such a type flying and reaching operational status some day than hanging on wet-dreams which in the end fail due to too high aims. IMO the TFX and AMCA are prime examples for this.
I will I am posting via mobile

please explain how its lame in shortest word @Fawadqasim1 ???o_O:what::what::undecided:

Maybe he's just driving, maybe he's at work ... I think we should have patience.

Otherwise I think this is a good question in general: How ambitious can a project - say project Azm - be and how much of a compromise it has to be in order succeed?

Maybe he's just driving, maybe he's at work ... I think we should have patience.

Otherwise I think this is a good question in general: How ambitious can a project - say project Azm - be and how much of a compromise it has to be in order succeed?
IMO it would depend on how much China would be willing to share its 5th gen tech. China has spent billions on R&D towards engines, composites, stealth coatings, radars, etc. If China helps Pak in developing project Azm then it's much more likely to succeed since China has already done much of the hard work and gained valuable knowledge and experience.

If Pak has to do it alone then Pak would have to...
1) either lower its expectations considerably in order to do it in roughly the time estimated for this project.
2) or if the project is too ambitious then it might end up like Tejas...spending an eternity in development phase. For this option Pak doesn't have the funds to waste...nor do I think this route will be taken.

Azm would most likely be a collaboration with China.

any weapon which is non lethal when it's stealthy and non stealthy when it's lethal can only be termed as lame and we can also see the money and effort put in stealth detection technologies.so
Yes the only difference the time for being non stealthy is merely few seconds which are too small to engage the aircraft

any weapon which is non lethal when it's stealthy and non stealthy when it's lethal can only be termed as lame and we can also see the money and effort put in stealth detection technologies.so
What is the term Non lethal @Fawadqasim1 o_O:what:Are you talking about against China KFX is Non lethal than your term Non lethal has no value @Fawadqasim1 :hitwall::hitwall::crazy::crazy:

IMO it would depend on how much China would be willing to share its 5th gen tech. China has spent billions on R&D towards engines, composites, stealth coatings, radars, etc. If China helps Pak in developing project Azm then it's much more likely to succeed since China has already done much of the hard work and gained valuable knowledge and experience.

If Pak has to do it alone then Pak would have to...
1) either lower its expectations considerably in order to do it in roughly the time estimated for this project.
2) or if the project is too ambitious then it might end up like Tejas...spending an eternity in development phase. For this option Pak doesn't have the funds to waste...nor do I think this route will be taken.

Azm would most likely be a collaboration with China.
He is asking about Korean KFX not our project AZM sir for the @Fawadqasim1 's post its a lame project @Cookie Monster sir

any stealth aircraft without internal weapons bay is a scam and Korean KFX is one of them
There are 3 versions of it which will come step by step first without weapon bays, second with semi ress under the fuselage just like EF-2000, and final version will have weapon bays, and remeber that it will be stealth multi-role jet just like F-35 which means F-35 can't carry all weapon load out in its internal weapon bays on CAS SEAD DEAD role @Fawadqasim1 :angel:

Last edited by a moderator:
There are 3 versions of it which will come step by step first without weapon bays, second with semi ress under the fuselage just like EF-2000, and final version will have weapon bays, and remeber that it will be stealth multi-role jet just like F-35 which means F-35 can't carry all weapon load out in its internal weapon bays on CAS SEAD DEAD role @Fawadqasim1 :angel:
And I was not talking about project azm

Project azm is probably a variant of j31 just like
Jf17 I may be wrong though

Yes the only difference the time for being non stealthy is merely few seconds which are too small to engage the aircraft
Just carrying two aams externally can reduce an aircraft's stealth features significantly.

Yes it comprises it's stealth significantly.

Back
Top Bottom