What's new

SAC - FC-31 Grey Falcon Stealth aircraft for PAF : Updates & Debate

There is a rumor that FC-31 has got the orders from PLAN (J-35?), and will not be to Zhuhai Airshow-2018.
Wait and see...

What is making you think PAF will just give up on adesign it has worked on for nearly 20 yr. To give you an idea F16s were first seen in the mid to late 70 and even today remain relevant even to the USAwhich wants their life expanded to 2040. So a 50-70 yrs period of sustained progression can be expected. That which was designed in the 90s will not always remain so but will evolve with time as can be seen.
A
What is important is to keep in mind is what is “stealth” in proper context and what is expected of the other side.
The JF-17 can be considered a low observable aircraft when compared to the Su-30.

What is important is to keep in mind is what is “stealth” in proper context and what is expected of the other side.
The JF-17 can be considered a low observable aircraft when compared to the Su-30.
RCS concerns might not even be a factor if the goal is to launch a long-range ALCM (Ra'ad II is 550 km, but 10 years from now it might go even farther, e.g. 750+ km) from interior Sindh or Baluchistan.

RCS concerns might not even be a factor if the goal is to launch a long-range ALCM (Ra'ad II is 550 km, but 10 years from now it might go even farther, e.g. 750+ km) from interior Sindh or Baluchistan.
The goal is to provide a strike asset to that can reduce the detection capacity of Indian ADGE to create gaps where it can slip in to deal damage; much like the F-117s did.

The goal is to provide a strike asset to that can reduce the detection capacity of Indian ADGE to create gaps where it can slip in to deal damage; much like the F-117s did.
That'll likely be a Project Azm thing.

Allama Mufti Saheb.
Do you know of any studies looking at the reduction in RCS with recessed weapons. Seems to me that if the cost vs benefit is there that might be the next stage prior to going the silent eagle way!
A

Allama Mufti Saheb.
Do you know of any studies looking at the reduction in RCS with recessed weapons. Seems to me that if the cost vs benefit is there that might be the next stage prior to going the silent eagle way!
A
Done years ago, but as such it would have to be weight in.
Think of it as trying to reduce the noise of one instrument if the others are already loud enough. So even if you reduce one violin, it wont matter if the cello is still louder.

For the JF-17, at its price point and capability the design is already so small in return that anything short of internal weapons does nothing to reduce its RCS significantly while remaining cost effective.

Per my information, in all exersizes the JF-17 has taken part in both internally and externally; it is able to get in closer than any other fighter in the PAF inventory and usually end up in WVR ranges if it hasn’t killed off the opposing side with BVR.

Need to acquire hundreds of long range high altitude (more than 30 km altitude flying) drones and equip them with air to ground attack small nuclear missiles and integrated them with war management software's control and operated through satellites it will be more enough reply to indian S-400 missile system to make it bankrupt because indian S-400 only track and hit the target up to 30 km of high altitude but if drones flying at 32-35 km altitude and throwing direct stones on S-400 can destroy it completely.

Another source for those people who ask for evidence on Chinese statements that the J-20 will not be offered for export. The excerpt is from the latest issue of Flight International. So this should at least settle that debate

upload_2018-10-27_22-39-14.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-27_22-37-17.png
    upload_2018-10-27_22-37-17.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 60
a confirmation for PLAN.... ??

I think we won't get a true confirmation soon, but how credible do you rate this latest round of rumours? I must admit as much as I wish and applaud this decision if done, I'm still rather sceptical since we've heard this rumour already so often.

Back
Top Bottom