What's new

SAARC Countries Bypass Pakistan to Sign Sub-Regional Motor Vehicle Agreement

Nigeria under any standard is better than india especially per capita income and even growth now.Nigeria is already considered to be the 11th biggest GDP by 2050.

Pakistan is already close to breaching 5% mark.Stability will further push Pakistan growth and we are working our best on security issues.

And is the reason each year,passing we are heading toward further stability,ofcourse decreasing the terrorism is a gradual process and will take atleast 3 more years for Pakistan

Fatalities in Terrorist Violence in Pakistan 2003-2015

Chabhar is a dead project,and is the reason both india and afghanistan are constantly making pakistan to allow land access to each other.

India wanted to get access to Afghanistan to further fuel anti Pakistanism in Afghanistan but in the end they got Dr Ashraf ghani,i reallly doubt india will still continue with this project with the speed they would have wanted it under Abdullah x2.

Tell me which country do you think will surpass Pakistan except india in south asia?
Chahbahar isn't dead..
the road to link western Afghanistan with Chahbahar is already completed and the port is being discussed,India has committed the money as well

Regarding the next question.....I think Bangladesh

Looks like RAW controlling SAARC rim . Better Pakistan can group with Middle eastern countries of SCS countries with the help of Saudi and Chinese.

World as to move forward as it won't stop for anyone .

Chahbahar isn't dead..
the road to link western Afghanistan with Chahbahar is already completed and the port is being discussed,India has committed the money as well

Regarding the next question.....I think Bangladesh

if so than why such requests?
5 months old
http://www.dawn.com/news/1140643

Last year feb

Karzai hopes Pakistan will give transit route to India - The Times of India

Let me tell you something,i was watching once a live tv program on pakistan afghanistan where one of the expert said,Trade through iran is expensive as compared to Pakistan because iran doesn't agree to the UN convention of giving free warm water access to a land locked country while Pakistan does.This is the reason why most of the trade is through Pakistan.Poor traders will always opt for cheaper route.

Don't you think the Present Dr ashraf ghani govt will even pull out from the Chabahar project if we indeed offer him a Afghanistan only port in ormara?within 300km from afghanistan border.

Sir ji,Bangladesh Updated its base year in 2013,so the GDP of Bangladesh increase from 115bn $ to $185bn.On the other hand,we are yet to change it in FY 2015-16,So expect Pakistan GDP to jump to a minimum of atleast 370-400bn Dollars.anyway i will rather want you to wait till the base year is changed

5 months old
India seeks transit facility for wheat export to Afghanistan - Newspaper - DAWN.COM

Last year feb

Let me tell you something,i was watching once a live tv program on pakistan afghanistan where one of the expert said,Trade through iran is expensive as compared to Pakistan because iran doesn't agree to the UN convention of giving free warm water access to a land locked country while Pakistan does.This is the reason why most of the trade is through Pakistan.Poor traders will always opt for cheaper route.

Don't you think the Present Dr ashraf ghani govt will even pull out from the Chabahar project if we indeed offer him a Afghanistan only port in ormara?within 300km from afghanistan border.

Sir ji,Bangladesh Updated its base year in 2013,so the GDP of Bangladesh increase from 115bn $ to $185bn.On the other hand,we are yet to change it in FY 2015-16,So expect Pakistan GDP to jump to a minimum of atleast 370-400bn Dollars.anyway i will rather want you to wait till the base year is changed
India was asking for the route to supply wheat which Pakistan didn't allow because the rate was cheaper and it thought will give competition to the Pakistani export
what difference does it make??

Chahbahar isn't ready yet and hence Pakistan was asked to open up the gates to which it refused

You answered your own question here
Pakistan route will actually be cheaper
but Pakistan isn't giving a route and that's why Chahbahar is still on
In January ,Modi met Iranian officials to discuss Chahbahar

Nothing to loose for Pakistan here, Bhutan & Nepal are not lucrative markets - for Bangladesh, Maldev & Sri Lanka we don't need any road transport. :pop:

Anyway congrats to India for adding another country in road link.

5 months old
India seeks transit facility for wheat export to Afghanistan - Newspaper - DAWN.COM

Last year feb

@BDforever what's your economy??
And how does it compare with others

Pakistan should pull out of SAARC.

India will never allow Pakistan to have greater ties with the rest of the South asia/
India has signed the agreement with its satellite states, and Pakistan, at-least until now, has not become a satellite state of India. Yes, Pakistan should pull out from SAARC for as far as Pakistan is concerned, its a dysfunctional organization.

5 months old
http://www.dawn.com/news/1140643

Last year feb

Read this

Maybe 1 month old
India keen to develop Chabahar port, Narendra Modi tells Iran - Livemint

Chabahar is a dead project as explained above,The Govt in Afghanistan today is more Pakistan friendly compared to India.Beside the central asian market apart from energy needs is not significant considering the very small population and economies.

We won't join GCC,it is exclusively only for Gulf countries.Yes,i would want a Pakistan,iran,afghanistan,central asia and turkey group.

Though i still agree that we should pull out of saarc
I don't know how, but for a think tank you are ridiculously ill informed.

Chabahar is not just for Afghanistan. It is a catch all port that India is building that will consolidate India's trade with not just Afghanistan but the entire Central Asian region upto Turkey.
Narendra Modi government puts Iran's Chabahar port work on fast track - Economic Times

And even if I limit my conversation to Afghanistan, Chabahar provides Afghanistan will a second route to sea. Till now Afghanistan was totally dependent on Pakistan for its needs, now with Chabahar, Afghanistan will have a second route and it will serve to undercut Afghan dependence on Pakistan and consequently Pakistan's influence on the ability to shape Afghanistan.

Iran has already declared Chabahar zone as a tax free, free trade industrial zone. It will be a confluence for entire South Asia trading with Central Asia. Iran is connecting it with multi-billion dollar trans-central asian highway and rail network that is being built there.

And lastly, Indian companies have already notified their interest to Iran in investing in the Chabahar region to take benefit of tax and produce and export from there.

I agree with your view in that Pakistan should move out of SAARC. It is nothing but dead weight that pulls SAARC down.

The move comes after Pakistan did not come on board to sign the agreement during the SAARC summit held in Kathmandu last November, on the ground that it needs more time to consult all its provinces. The SAARC agreement would have allowed free movement of vehicles of each country – cargo as well as passenger vehicles -- to ply in territory of other country through authorized operator.
Article clearly indicates that Pakistan wanted to consult its provinces before signing it. That is fine as per me. They can take their time and can sign the agreement when they are ready. Till then all other SAARC members who are interested and consider this beneficial are signing it. Nothing big I can see in here.

Goes to show how irrelevant pakistan has become in the scheme of things.

I don't know how, but for a think tank you are ridiculously ill informed.

Chabahar is not just for Afghanistan. It is a catch all port that India is building that will consolidate India's trade with not just Afghanistan but the entire Central Asian region upto Turkey.
Narendra Modi government puts Iran's Chabahar port work on fast track - Economic Times

And even if I limit my conversation to Afghanistan, Chabahar provides Afghanistan will a second route to sea. Till now Afghanistan was totally dependent on Pakistan for its needs, now with Chabahar, Afghanistan will have a second route and it will serve to undercut Afghan dependence on Pakistan and consequently Pakistan's influence on the ability to shape Afghanistan.

Iran has already declared Chabahar zone as a tax free, free trade industrial zone. It will be a confluence for entire South Asia trading with Central Asia. Iran is connecting it with multi-billion dollar trans-central asian highway and rail network that is being built there.

And lastly, Indian companies have already notified their interest to Iran in investing in the Chabahar region to take benefit of tax and produce and export from there.

I agree with your view in that Pakistan should move out of SAARC. It is nothing but dead weight that pulls SAARC down.

First of all,Iran is only connected to Turkmenistan in Central asia and Turkeministan already has other mean of access trade and having only a population of just 5Million.So the trade potential even by 3015 is less than 5Billion dollars.

Should i laugh?do you know that even prior to Chabahar,Afghanistan still had 30% of its trade supply through iran and is still having upto 30% of its trade supplies through iran from ports other than chabahar.

On the other hand,we have already secured Tajikistan as a potential for trade through Pakistan and have offered it to uzbekistan aswell and the rest of south asia.

Sign board on karakoram highway in tajik language

road.jpg

Truck_on_the_kkh.jpg

So you had trade with iran already from other ports and Afghanistan and even central asia potential trade with india in the next 50 years won't be more than 10Billion dollars.

Afghanistan 1/3rd of export is to Pakistan and 1/3rd of import agains is from Pakistan

It's high time Pakistan is kicked out of SAARC.

Lol :lol:
Pakistan just destroyed a good trade opportunity for them.They did a stupidity when they rejects all these agreement and act as an advocate of PRC during last meeting.Now India realized the deal with all others except Pakistan .

Pakistan should pull out of SAARC.

India will never allow Pakistan to have greater ties with the rest of the South asia/

That is your Choice.We just dont care.

India will want to prevent Pakistan from any sort of trade with any neighbor or in short any activity which can promote economic growth of Pakistan

You cant possible a trade with rest of South Asia without India if you meant this deal.Once again your own choice we dont care.

Back
Top Bottom