What's new

Saab Puts Sea Gripen On India's Next Vikrant-class Carrier

start new arm race in navy field

Its up to PN to fall into it. We have our own program which is as per our threat perception. PN may evaluate their threat perception and decide to get into a arms race. For us Indian Ocean is a strategic waters.

I think its better to go for F-35 naval version. Sooner or later Navy will demand for 5th gen fighter. F-35, Mig-26K and N-LCA gives the navy strike power in different situtations.

i think india already purchased 45 Mig-29k and also N-LCA.

Yes for Gorshkov and IAC 1, but there is an RFI out for around 40 more capable fighters for IAC 2 and Saab joined the competition (although IN did not send RFI to them) with the Sea Gripen.
The new AEW aircrafts are also meant for IAC 2.

I think its better to go for F-35 naval version. Sooner or later Navy will demand for 5th gen fighter. F-35, Mig-26K and N-LCA gives the navy strike power in different situtations.

By the time F35 will be ready for IN, we also will start inducting Pak Fa / FGFA, so no real need to buy F35 for such high costs. Rafale, or F18SH are the best additions to Pak Fa /FGFA, be it for IAF, or IN.

Wow! Gripen too? Could you all kindly tell me how many fighters does your Navy intend to have? From the looks of it, New Delhi intends to have two air forces simultaneously operating. :lol:

no point in having so many fighters,it will be maintenance headache for navy,we should stick to N-LCA and MIG 29K for IAC1 AND 2.

no point in having so many fighters,it will be maintenance headache for navy,we should stick to N-LCA and MIG 29K for IAC1 AND 2.

What's the point of having a big carrier with longer range, but to use only less capable fighters? Besides that, IN will most likely have the same fighters that IAF also use, LCA, Mig 29, Pak Fa/FGFA and MMCRA. That will make maintenance and logistics much easier than today with Sea Harriers.

Back
Top Bottom