What's new

S Korea may accept THAAD deployment despite China's objections

tonyget

Reaction score
Country
China
S Korea may accept THAAD deployment despite China's objections|Politics|News|WantChinaTimes.com

thaad3-145831_copy1.jpg

The Terminal High Altitude Area Defense missile system (Photo/Lockheed Martin)

Despite opposition from China, an official from the South Korean defense ministry has told overseas Chinese news outlet Duowei that there is no reason for Seoul to reject the deployment of the US Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) missile system to the Republic of Korea.

The weapons system is being deployed to defend US forces stationed in South Korea, but the official said that it does not mean that Seoul will become a member of the US theater missile defense program in East Asia. The official said, however, that coordination between the US and South Korean air defense systems will be able to defend the nation from a potential North Korean missile attack.

During the visit of Chinese president Xi Jinping to Seoul in July, he urged his South Korean counterpart Park Geun-hye to reconsider joining the theater missile defense program. Xi also urged Park to distance her administration from the United States. Sources from the South Korean military told the media outlet, run by overseas Chinese, that the US military had already dispatched its representatives to inspect the locations where the THAAD missile system may be deployed.

With the ability to detect and intercept ballistic missiles launched from more than 1,000 km away, the THAAD missile system has a range far exceeding North Korean territory. For this reason, China's state-run Global Times concluded that the system may be used against the People's Liberation Army's ballistic missiles in any potential conflict between Beijing and Tokyo over the East China Sea.

The history happened repeatedly.

Under the pressure from US, S Korea have no idea but accept especially when S Korea are getting close to China.

But S Korea is too close to N Korea and China, deploy this kind of system maybe lead to chaos and disaster which US bring around world.

US set up such kind offensive and so-called 'strategy' will turn to be wrong and the victim will be S Korea.

What's the counter measure? It's too easy. Maybe some regiments of WS1/WS2 will be sold to N Korea.

It seems that US do it in a hurry and it's really not good to US. Let's wait and see.

The history happened repeatedly.

Under the pressure from US, S Korea have no idea but accept especially when S Korea are getting close to China.

But S Korea is too close to N Korea and China, deploy this kind of system maybe lead to chaos and disaster which US bring around world.

US set up such kind offensive and so-called 'strategy' will turn to be wrong and the victim will be S Korea.

What's the counter measure? It's too easy. Maybe some regiments of WS1/WS2 will be sold to N Korea.

It seems that US do it in a hurry and it's really not good to US. Let's wait and see.

Stop complaining. North Korea has already threaten South Korea and the U.S. with nuclear missiles and China doesn't do shit. China shouldn't even do shit on whats going on in South Korea as well.

Stop complai. North Korea has already threaten South Korea and the U.S. with nuclear missiles and China doesn't do shit. China shouldn't even do shit on whats going on in South Korea as well.
We don't need to complain. But to deploy the Thaad system to protect S Korea for the threaten of N Korea? Good excuse.

I will welcome you to protect S Korea like you do it in Iraq, Afghanistan and Ukraine to prove your ability to bring chaos and disaster to the region again.

It seems like you want China to throw some shit to you American. You have a amazing logic and so do your balance theory.

We don't need to complaining. But to deploy the Thaad system to protect S Korea for the threaten of N Korea? Good excuse.

I will welcome you to protect S Korea like you do it in Iraq, Afghanistan and Ukraine to prove your ability to bring chaos and disaster to the region again.

It seems like you want China to throw some shit to you American. You have a amazing logic and so do your balance theory.

Really? You talk about a BMD system brings chaos when North Korea your ally tests missiles and nukes and threatens SK and U.S. with them. Purpose of THAAD is exactly in response to North Korea's threat and that is the excuse. Don't want to give the U.S. an excuse, China should stop North Korea. Otherwise as your President of your country has in the past complaining about the system being deployed. Maybe you should tell him to stop complaining.

they say they may.. this could take forever. they aren't stupid. sk knows what's good for them..

Really? You talk about a BMD system brings chaos when North Korea your ally tests missiles and nukes and threatens SK and U.S. with them. Purpose of THAAD is exactly in response to North Korea's threat and that is the excuse. Don't want to give the U.S. an excuse, China should stop North Korea. Otherwise as your President of your country has in the past complaining about the system being deployed. Maybe you should tell him to stop complaining.
N Korea is an independent country. China do have some affects to the country but China just don't interfere and control the country what is US good at it.

China's policy to Korea Peninsula is clear - denuclearize.

The chaos remains there - N Korea and S Korea. Remember?

Why not push the six parties meeting forward?

N Korea is an independent country. China do have some affects to the country but China just don't interfere and control the country what is US good at it.

The chaos remains there - N Korea and S Korea. Remember?

Why not push the six parties meeting forward?

Then China should not need complain what South Korea does then with no interference.

they say they may.. this could take forever. they aren't stupid. sk knows what's good for them..
That's it. So the victim maybe S Korea.

Then China should not need complain what South Korea does then with no interference.
Yes, yes.

Please deploy more THAAD / F22 and all other weapons in S Korea. 2 - 3 AC will be better.

:D

No problem. Just don't complain anymore.

I told you I am not complaining. I am worry about your little brother.

Hmm, old man has old muscles with simple brain. I just like it. :D

Just keep going, old man. :D

I told you I am not complaining. I am worry about your little brother.

Hmm, old man has old muscles with simple brain. I just like it. :D

Just keep going, old man. :D

I'm referring to your leader who was complaining about the system being deployed.

I'm referring to your leader who was complaining about the system being deployed.

It's politics that means talk forth and back to deal with things. I saw many 'urged' from our leader but no 'complain'.

Old man stay away from politics, please. :D

Your "policy" has failed miserably. So much so everybody doubts it even exists.

Now you will be dealing with its complete failure by having a missile shield next door.

Back
Top Bottom