What's new

Russian think tank calls for sale of Su-35 fighters to Pakistan

With recent changes it might be possible to see Russian planes in Pakistan sooner then later
It would not make sense to seek a replacement when F16 fleet is fully used up
F-16 phased out from PAF? wait for few more decades :-)

T-129 was tested for 4 years before we went for the deal same happening with Rifle trials
No i was just asking that its been 5 years since Su35 was "imminent" right?

No i was just asking that its been 5 years since Su35 was "imminent" right?
You never know but for past 5 years we come close and let go.But now again things are warming up

You never know but for past 5 years we come close and let go.But now again things are warming up
Oh so it was 5 years!!
Thank you. That is all i was asking man. :)

how do you reckon pakistan invest with the financial crisis imran khan is due to fix...!?
it would be good if pakistan does actually, cuts india out of a future indian purchase

If anyone asking above question then it means he or she have not studied Finance, because a good finance manager is not the one who have money already, its the one who can arrange it on good terms.

It never came down to rejection or acceptance. It was preliminary discussion on the subject. Russians have been pushing for sale of standard version of Su-35 to most countries interested in buying it. Pakistan wants more modern and advance avionics, predominantly AESA radar, which the Russians up until now were holding back on because of Su-57. They did not want their existing lead aircraft to compete with their future aircraft in both domestic and international markets. But as the future of Su-57 starts to look bleak aviation experts suggest transferring some of those new technologies to Su-35. The question of selling them at this stage to a foreign and a non-partner (or not-yet-partner, or budding-partner) country will however continue to persist for Russians.

BUT, the Su-35 continues to hang around in Russia-Pakistan rapprochement dialogue process. Essentially, I think the final outcome on Su-35 could depend on the upcoming PTI government. Gazprom has been patiently holding on to its billions of dollars worth investment proposal in Pakistan since the last PPP government. Even Putin was willing to visit if Pakistan agreed to commit. The PML-N government doesn't appear to have done much about it either. But the proposal has been revisited and negotiated in the last year or so & its reported value is around $10 billion. If this deal is concluded it could in theory open flood gates for much larger defence cooperation.
The easy way is to negotiate with Russia to replace it's PESA radar with Chinese AESA if possible as China is already making it's domestic J11,J15 and J16 flankers with AESA radars, the only area in which China perhaps lagging behind for time being is the engines.

images

Remember, indians might hear about our Sukhoi program

Last edited:
Only to bring back crazy psycho jabroni India.

India is not interested to buy SU-35 any more. Because of poor Indian technologies,IAF failed to do good mainenance and usage of SU-35 in the past and had hundreds of SU-35 crashes.
However in China and other developed countries, SU-35 has shown excellent results. If Pakistani engineer can upgrade old Mirage planes to latest planes , then they can succesffully maintain / operate SU-35.
I have heard from Islamabad that in Aug 2018 visit, Russian defence minister has offered easy payment plan to Pakistani Army Chief to buy fifty of SU-35 to Pakistan.

@tps77 I cannot confirm. Each new plane comes with its own supply&maintenance chain worth additional millions. Chinese OEM with AS9100 status have offered limited affordability.
So this means its not a hoax , I heard same what u are saying.
@Starlord get C 130 ready we gonna leave for moscow.

In an environment of cash restraint making a 3-4billion buy with new infrastructure and weapons is cost prihibitive. Secondly it would only make sense to buy it with a Chinese AESA and fire control Radar allowing for easy integration of current inventory but that would be unpalatable to the Russians plus add to the cost of new Radar integration. At least with EFT buy we will get top of the line EU stuff and we maybe able to use the US inventory of weapons on it. However a contemporary AC means parity but no advantage so one has to wonder about the bang for buck equation.
In short there are many more questions than there are answers. We have time on our hands as we wont be doing anything till at least 2021 so let us see the induction of block 3 and watch the pace of Chinese 5th generation and armament development and reassess the situation then is my argument.
A
I concur, at this stage, consolidation should be priority and focus on Blk3 & B induction; I am sure there are discussions on Blk4+. I would avoid any EFT equipment as you fall into the same trap for having too many different aircraft.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom