What's new

Russian think tank calls for sale of Su-35 fighters to Pakistan

38776680_1739591209481499_9090427371521048576_n.jpg

If Pakistan agree to invest in Su-57 then they will sale that to Pakistan.
how do you reckon pakistan invest with the financial crisis imran khan is due to fix...!?
it would be good if pakistan does actually, cuts india out of a future indian purchase

Pakistan needs to concentrate on the track that it is on, i.e. building, advancing our JF17 Thunder and evolving it into newer, 5th gen platforms. getting shiny new toys only means that much more of a maintenance headache!

Specifically, Pakistan needs to concentrate on locally building its own jet engines and radars. We should be well past the era of going show-room shopping for new fighter planes for goodness sakes!

Pakistan needs to concentrate on the track that it is on, i.e. building, advancing our JF17 Thunder and evolving it into newer, 5th gen platforms. getting shiny new toys only means that much more of a maintenance headache!

Specifically, Pakistan needs to concentrate on locally building its own jet engines and radars. We should be well past the era of going show-room shopping for new fighter planes for goodness sakes!

Oh come its not an issue with maintainnance, a batch of 12 Su35 is not much maintainance issue, and Su35 a mature platform is better than J-10Cs.

Look at this way :
Qatar Airforce has F-15, Mirage 2000, Eurofighter and Rafale in stock. And Qatar is now looking to buy Su-35s too.

Oh come its not an issue with maintainnance, a batch of 12 Su35 is not much maintainance issue, and Su35 a mature platform is better than J-10Cs.

Look at this way :
Qatar Airforce has F-15, Mirage 2000, Eurofighter and Rafale in stock. And Qatar is now looking to buy Su-35s too.
and they are 1,000,000% dependant on the u.s., europe, france and now russia for even replacing a tire on those aircrafts. If our aim is to become self sufficient then stop shopping for the end product and start shopping for technologies that produce the end product.

and they are 1,000,000% dependant on the u.s., europe, france and now russia for even replacing a tire on those aircrafts. If our aim is to become self sufficient then stop shopping for the end product and start shopping for technologies that produce the end product.

Dude Tell me honestly can JF17 take on
Rafale?

And Project Azm 5th Gen 10 years wait into when it comes to mass production.

What 4++ Gen jet is going to fill the big gap and take on Rafale?

Dude Tell me honestly can JF17 take on
Rafale?

And Project Azm 5th Gen 10 years wait into when it comes to mass production. What 4++ Gen jet is going to fill the big gap?
oh yar think ahead. 1 on 1, maybe not. But flood 10 Thunders against 1 rafale and that rafale will wish it was never born. My point is that don't worry about "stop gaps" and go full steam ahead on building your own local industry and achieving self reliance in cutting edge technologies.

yar thanks to nukes, even a limited war is out of the question, so there should be no rush to buy any aircraft but rather, BUILD aircraft.

I'm not into defense equipments much but can anyone explain why Pakistan cannot go for another collaboration similar to jf17?

I'm not into defense equipments much but can anyone explain why Pakistan cannot go for another collaboration similar to jf17?
not with Russia, not just yet at least. We may be becoming friends but let's face it, still a lot of mistrust.

I think instead of wasting money on the SU35, we should revive the FGFA program by becoming a partner in it with technology transfer.

Back
Top Bottom