What's new

Russian S-300 PMU-2 vs Chinese HQ-9 Which one is better ?

Which one is better ?

• China HQ-9

Votes: 40 51.3%
  • Russia S-300 PMU-2

Votes: 38 48.7%

• Total voters
ok, 2% rising at 14% YOY. Come back to me in a couple of years when you're at least close to 20% :lol:

That was a figure from last year only. It was much higher in the previous two years.

Have a look at below to see where BD's garment exports are heading in the future:

Bangladesh hopes to ‘export $1.0b RMG to China within a few years’

"In her presentation, Nazneen said over the three years Bangladesh RMG export to non-traditional markets has increased from 6.88 per cent to 12.10 per cent while the US market has shrinked from 29.91 per cent in 2008-’09 to 23.73 per cent in 2011-’12."

"Bangladesh RMG export to China has recorded the highest 97.92 per cent in 2010-2012 followed by Korea 69.47 per cent, Japan 63.08, Australia 59.43, India 53.09, Russia 47.49, Brazil 35.02, Chile 30.91, Mexico 21.55, and South Africa 15.31 per cent."

As you can see in only 3 years, the share of BD garment exports to non US/EU countries has gone up from 6 to 12%.

It will take time but sometime in the 2020s, the EU will become irrelevant to the BD economy.

And before you say it, obviously the likes of Australia are in the US/EU camp.:lol:

That was a figure from last year only. It was much higher in the previous two years.

Have a look at below to see where BD's garment exports are heading in the future:

Bangladesh hopes to ‘export $1.0b RMG to China within a few years’

"In her presentation, Nazneen said over the three years Bangladesh RMG export to non-traditional markets has increased from 6.88 per cent to 12.10 per cent while the US market has shrinked from 29.91 per cent in 2008-’09 to 23.73 per cent in 2011-’12."

"Bangladesh RMG export to China has recorded the highest 97.92 per cent in 2010-2012 followed by Korea 69.47 per cent, Japan 63.08, Australia 59.43, India 53.09, Russia 47.49, Brazil 35.02, Chile 30.91, Mexico 21.55, and South Africa 15.31 per cent."

As you can see in only 3 years, the share of BD garment exports to non US/EU countries has gone up from 6 to 12%.

It will take time but sometime in the 2020s, the EU will become irrelevant to the BD economy.

And before you say it, obviously the likes of Australia are in the US/EU camp.:lol:

So, you say, withing a few years it will reach a billion, while now for EU it is almost 8 billion. Like i said, get back to me in a few years, and in the meantime....keep sowing :lol:

So, you say, withing a few years it will reach a billion, while now for EU it is almost 8 billion. Like i said, get back to me in a few years, and in the meantime....keep sowing :lol:

Ha ha.:lol:

BD is developing many other industries like IT, pharmaceuticals, shipbuilding and electronics.

Garments happened to be easy to get into due to the non-existent technological base but the other industries mentioned above took some time to reach the required technological level.

Here, take a look at Walton that manufactures TVs, fridge/freezes, mobile phones among many others. If I am not mistaken it is the most advanced electronics company in the whole of South Asia:

Walton At Every Home

BD is developing many other industries like IT, pharmaceuticals, shipbuilding and electronics.

Garments happened to be easy to get into due to the non-existent technological base but the other industries mentioned above took some time to reach the required technological level.

Here, take a look at Walton that manufactures TVs, fridge/freezes, mobile phones among many others. If I am not mistaken it is the most advanced electronics company in the whole of South Asia:

Walton At Every Home

Good for you! I didn't know that. But, as far as i could find, it doesn't export to China. It's more interested in US, Japanse markets.

The countries which have been importing the electrical and electronic items from Bangladesh include Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, Ghana, Nigeria, Sudan, Kuwait, Qatar and Myanmar.

Walton electronics bids to enter US, Japan markets | Business News 24 BD

Good for you! I didn't know that. But, as far as i could find, it doesn't export to China. It's more interested in US, Japanse markets.

Walton electronics bids to enter US, Japan markets | Business News 24 BD

Walton is not focusing on China as it is very strong/competitive on those sectors for now. This may change once China becomes a much wealthier country from the next decade onwards. It will be primarily garments this decade as China moves away from the cheaper garments and then from the more expensive garments towards the latter end of the decade/early next decade as it's labour costs start approaching developed nation standards.

It is not just US/Japanese markets but more a case of any country that currently does not have a strong domestic industry that can manufacture similar goods at a similar price. So that is why countries like China and Turkey are currently not a good option. 10 years from now they may be a good market for Walton to focus on but not now.

You may also want to look at the BD pharmaceutical industry. It produces around 97% of the medicine for it's domestic) needs and does export but currently only 50 million US dollars. This should grow quickly as it has just started and is growing rapidly(15% a year).

Square Pharmaceuticals Ltd.

Walton At Every Home

Bangladeshi shipbuilding industry is very small,and largest ship they made is just 7000 tonnes.

You are mistaken-there are larger companies like Godrej,Tata,videocon that makes such stuff.

Bangladeshi shipbuilding industry is very small,and largest ship they made is just 7000 tonnes.

You are mistaken-there are larger companies like Godrej,Tata,videocon that makes such stuff.

Ok. I was incorrect - the Indian companies are larger and may have more advanced technology. btw, India has had an extra 24 years to develop it's technology over BD

As for shipbuilding, I did say that BD was developing the industry and made no claims that it was making large vessels

Walton is not focusing on China as it is very strong/competitive on those sectors for now. This may change once China becomes a much wealthier country from the next decade onwards. It will be primarily garments this decade as China moves away from the cheaper garments and then from the more expensive garments towards the latter end of the decade/early next decade as it's labour costs start approaching developed nation standards.

It is not just US/Japanese markets but more a case of any country that currently does not have a strong domestic industry that can manufacture similar goods at a similar price. So that is why countries like China and Turkey are currently not a good option. 10 years from now they may be a good market for Walton to focus on but not now.

You may also want to look at the BD pharmaceutical industry. It produces around 97% of the medicine for it's domestic) needs and does export but currently only 50 million US dollars. This should grow quickly as it has just started and is growing rapidly(15% a year).

Square Pharmaceuticals Ltd.

Time to find the missing 7.5 bill$ then....not to mention you paint a very very pretty picture in regards to income in China. Yes, it's rising, but it's like 6.000$ a year on average. Plenty of potential garment workers, refridgerator assemblers etc....

In short, you have wildly optimistic views.

Time to find the missing 7.5 bill$ then....not to mention you paint a very very pretty picture in regards to income in China. Yes, it's rising, but it's like 6.000$ a year on average. Plenty of potential garment workers, refridgerator assemblers etc....

In short, you have wildly optimistic views.

Ok. let us see then...

2013 China GDP/capita is actually nearer 7,000 than 6,000 US dollars.

China is growing around 7-8% a year and is expected to maintain that for another 10 years. Add in 3% a year currency appreciation and you are looking at by 2023, 18,000 US dollars GDP/capita. I call that "approaching developed country standards".

Let us just say that a country like BD will have ample market space to sell garments into China by then as a country that well off would not be stupid to make it's own at such hight cost. Whether it can sell things like TVs, refrigerators is another matter.

For some reason, you are focusing too much on China to supply markets for BD and not realising that there are many other countries like Turkey, Russia, GCC and Brazil that are good exports markets for BD as well.

The EU/US and the rest of the Western world will naturally decline in importance. If BD can get the share of total exports down to 50% by 2025 then that would be a good thing for it's sovereignty as these Western countries have too much power over BD currently.

Btw, which insignificant EU country are you from?:lol:

Ok. let us see then...

2013 China GDP/capita is actually nearer 7,000 than 6,000 US dollars.

China is growing around 7-8% a year and is expected to maintain that for another 10 years. Add in 3% a year currency appreciation and you are looking at by 2023, 18,000 US dollars GDP/capita. I call that "approaching developed country standards".

Let us just say that a country like BD will have ample market space to sell garments into China by then as a country that well off would not be stupid to make it's own at such hight cost. Whether it can sell things like TVs, refrigerators is another matter.

For some reason, you are focusing too much on China to supply markets for BD and not realising that there are many other countries like Turkey, Russia, GCC and Brazil that are good exports markets for BD as well.

The EU/US and the rest of the Western world will naturally decline in importance. If BD can get the share of total exports down to 50% by 2025 then that would be a good thing for it's sovereignty as these Western countries have too much power over BD currently.

Btw, which insignificant EU country are you from?:lol:

All you have is wishfull thinking and day dreaming ,nothing concrete,fantasies that maybe one day things will go your way.It won't happen,most probably,your economies won't rise every year for so many years.;).
Anyway,you should only put the word insignificant next to a country when you're refering to a non entity,desease infested,toilette looking country where i won't let my dog live ,not mentioning an actual human beeing.
I told you before third worlder,you are shameless when barking against the countries who took a begger like you in.You can dream about the future glory of Bangladesh and your chinese masters all you want though,it won't make it true.It's funny to see a third worlder beggar describing us the future.:))

Anyway,you should only put the word insignificant next to a country when you're refering to a non entity,desease infested,toilette looking country where i won't let my dog live ,not mentioning an actual human beeing.

Why are you getting so upset for Romanian:lol:

I have to at least give you the respect that you are not ashamed to put your flag in the avatar, unlike audio who is so ashamed that he puts the EU flag in instead.

Anyway like I said before I really hope that Romania progresses and catches up with the Western EU countries, but by then the EU will become completely insignificant in world affairs of course.

Strengths of the HQ-9 compared with S-300PMU1 / 2:

Guidance system of the missile more effective (though not really proven):
+ HQ-9 惯性 导引 + 末端 主动 雷达 / inertial guidance + terminal active radar

For most of them S-300V/PMU1/2 have guide system: Command + inertial and semi-active homing/Командно-инерциальное + Полуактивное самонаведение

- With advertisers using sensors similar passive kolchuga, YLC-20/DWL002 determine the coordinates of the target and attack without using radar fire control (semi-active radar homing). For classical methods as S-300V/PMU, the target will easily identify fire control radar. Since it constantly illuminated by radar fire control (eg: 30N6E1) and used HARM radiation missiles to destroy this radar.

Is similar missile 9M96E2 / 9M96M of S-400 system uses active-radar homing / Активное радиолокационное самонаведение

But I think, it will be less efficient and lack accurate than the ability to use fire control radar as HT-233 & SJ-212 copycat 30N6E.

HQ-9 can be integrated with radar Russia and missile made by Russian. Thus, HQ-9 can deploy alternating with S-300 air defense system makes perfect.

The range farther than the S-300PMU1:
+ S-300PMU2 200km = HQ-9 200km > S-300PMU1 150km. But it still has to rely on the system's hardware Russia to exert maximum range of 200km, because the HT-233 radar target detection only range of 120 km, the system must rely on Russian radar tracking to promote maximum range of 200 km

+ Using the LCD screen, for sharper images than CRTs of S-300PMU1 / 2

+ There is a variant missiles Home on Jam, used to combat AWACS/electronic warfare aircraft (eg: E-2/3, EA-18G): FT-2000

+ Very cheap for export :D

Last edited:
The winner will show itself only on the battlefield cannot be found through discussions.
But due to the long history of S-Variants family, they will have an advantage even compared to the patriot and THAAD. The highest reliable SAMs are S-Variants
Personally i think that the Russian S-series are the best in the world and after finalizing the S-500, there will be no rival for S-Variants.

If HQ 9 is better than S300, why china bought S 400?

This question remains unanswered.

中国 买入 S-300 数多,
经常很狂妄

对比俄国的S300
是垃圾

China has bought a lot of S-300PMU2\300FM!
hq-9 is Junk!
But Chinese people still say iHQ-9 is very good
Now They want to buy more of Russian's S-400 for themselves!

But How is HQ9 now?:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
It's gone!!:bunny:

You are perfectly right.

The winner will show itself only on the battlefield cannot be found through discussions.
But due to the long history of S-Variants family, they will have an advantage even compared to the patriot and THAAD. The highest reliable SAMs are S-Variants
Personally i think that the Russian S-series are the best in the world and after finalizing the S-500, there will be no rival for S-Variants.
Na, THAAD ER and Arrow 2/3 and SM-3 are better than S300/400

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom