What's new

Russian jets in Syrian skies

If true then cold war is hot again.
Not necessarily, but rather a bounding moment for the USA and Russia. USA knows that having an ISIS controlled Syria is worse than a Russian influenced Syria. The U.S. Would welcome Russian troops on the ground, as the U.S. Wouldn't be politically forced to send troops. The enemy of enemy is my friend

I don't believe Russia is concerned about CAR, their focus seems to be limited to keeping Bashar in power.

CAR including Chechnya.

Most CARs are secular and have a sizable Russian minority, with active Islamic Insurgencies. The Russians originally supplied weapons and ammunition, along with intelligence, but once the International Community got numerous nations onbaord to decimating ISIS the Russians dont want to lose out.

The pilots are just a stop gap, they aren't going to change the tide of war much, unless they start using Su-25s/ equivalent or flying Mi-28s etc.

But Putin's not going to let Syria become his BlackHawk Down.

This is a good news. If Assad goes Syria will disintegrate like Libya and Iraq before it. Its not a question of disliking Assad but more of avoidance of situation where a large swathe of Middle East becomes a stateless region.

I wish and pray the difficult times Syrians are passing through is over soon.

Dr Bashar Assad needs Su-25s and Mig-27s, not freaking Mig-31s :angry:

Not necessarily, but rather a bounding moment for the USA and Russia. USA knows that having an ISIS controlled Syria is worse than a Russian influenced Syria. The U.S. Would welcome Russian troops on the ground, as the U.S. Wouldn't be politically forced to send troops. The enemy of enemy is my friend
they wanted to topple assad(Russian ally) from Syria and i think that's why they wanted Russia to be busy in Ukraine while they have free run in Syria but seems Russia is multitasking.

this remind me a bit in egypt after the 67 defeat soviet air force arrived in Egypt to protect our sky until our air force could be rebuilt i dont know if this news is true or not but i hope it is true unlike the backstabbing US russia is a trusted allay and friend

Back
Top Bottom