What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that the fog of propaganda wars is getting thinner, it is quite obvious that Russian Federation armed forces have regained the initiative after 72 hours of combat operations and have overcome the initial challenges posed by terrain, logistics and sporadic Ukrainian resistance, which the Russian GRU had not expected. However, the Russians have adapted and are methodically degrading Ukrainian infrastructure and now going after C3I. This is going to be a long war and Ukraine has effectively ceased to exist. The Russians have made good progress in the South east and have whole of Sea of Azov coast under their control. I believe that to minimize both Russian military and Ukrainian civilian "collateral damage" the Russians will avoid a quick headlong rush into Kiev, but will methodically choke and wear down the defences. I expect Kiev to fall in 2-4 weeks. There will be no "no fly" zone as Russia and Belarus have flooded the liberated parts of Ukraine with very powerful AD systems like the S-300 and S-400 and Russia has deployed the king of all AD systems the Prometheus S-500 in Belarus. Any NATO air incursion into Ukraine will be sheer suicide. I don't expect any NATO aircraft in Ukraine.

By February 28th, the Russian military gained air supremacy over the whole of Ukraine, Russian Defense Ministry spokesman Igor Konashenkov said at a briefing.

On February 27th, the Russian Defence Ministry claimed the destruction of 42 Ukrainian aircraft and helicopters on the ground and in the air. So far, 11 unmanned aerial vehicles of the Ukrainian Armed Forces have been reportedly destroyed. Four more Ukrainian combat aircraft were destroyed on the ground and one more warplane was reportedly shot down in the air on February 28th.

On the first day of the Russian military operation numerous military facilities all over Ukraine were destroyed, including airfields.
1646184874750.png

Last edited:
Do you know that these rounds don't explode, and don't have shrapnel? ...
You mean the round thing that got stuck into the ground and not explode?

Those thing are casing for Cluster Bomb........

Speaking of Leon:

Boris Johnson hints UK's 'Lads' Army' could be treated like TERRORISTS on return from Ukraine as he urges them NOT to join Zelensky's civilian fightback - as city banker whose hero is George Orwell and gym boss join ex-SAS soldiers making way to frontline​

:lol::lol:

well that was a 180 degree turn in less than 18 hours. But that is a good. Bravo Bojo youve made the right choice.

Christian Zionist religious believe, Russians along with Arab (Muslims) will be on the opposing (evil) side to them and their final return of massiah.

Basically thei Dajjal is supported by Russians and Muslims end if times false prophet. That’s what they been preaching to their people.

Those evangelist are a bunch of wackos.
But tbh Islam has tons of similar sects that is out of touch with reality

You mean the round thing that got stuck into the ground and not explode?

Those thing are casing for Cluster Bomb........

I was telling him (@khansaheeb ) that he was referring to APFSDS rounds of tanks. Those of course don't have shrapnel, and are nearly useless against infantry.

well that was a 180 degree turn in less than 18 hours. But that is a good. Bravo Bojo youve made the right choice.

Those evangelist are a bunch of wackos.
But tbh Islam has tons of similar sects that is out of touch with reality
To be fair, that only applies to sole UK citizen, not applies to dual citizen. I am a UK citizens, served in the US Army, I was asked about the same thing, that act excluded if you are the citizen of the country at war that are not currently hostile to UK. Which mean that can be by-passed by Ukrainian giving them citizenship. Which is what Ukrainian is doing. And also what the French Foreign Legion doing to by-pass that same law. Otherwise those ex 2-para serving with FFL in Mail would all been arrested......

In fact, the British themselves are doing the same thing to by-pass similar law from other country, the ability for Commonwealth Citizen (Like New Zealand, Australia, Singapore) to join British Armed Force and at the end of the 5 years service you will be given British Citizenship.

But then you are not talking about 40,000 British joining Ukrainian Military, they already have a 45 millions population roughly 9 millions military aged male. which mean they really don't need to have the so called "Foreign Legion", that's more like a PR stunt than of any actual use.

I was telling him (@khansaheeb ) that he was referring to APFSDS rounds of tanks. Hitting a moving rifleman with one at such distance is like winning a lottery.
fair enough

Last edited:
In fact, the British themselves are doing the same thing to by-pass similar law from other country, the ability for Commonwealth Citizen (Like New Zealand, Australia, Singapore) to join British Armed Force and at the end of the 5 years service you will be given British Citizenship.

Interesting.
Would that include commonwealth nations in Africa and Asia?

Do you happen to know if Indian Gurkha regiments in UK Army get UK passport after doing service?

Like I said, anybody who tells people to go forward with molotove cocktails is a murderer. He know nothing of combat. Same with arming civilians and women.

Who the hell wants to live behind an iron curtain with Putin and Belarus nutjob having total power.Raving lunatics the both of them.

Stop making stuff up would you want your country to be invaded and annexed

Jeez

Diplomacy would dictate something else. However, in all honesty Pakistan should align with russia, turkey and China. Keep cordial relations with others like Europe, Japan,Korea etc.

China and Russia are the major powers in the region. If usa was in the region or if Pakistan was at border of Europe then strategy would be different.

Imran certainly did a great job on that with his Russia visit
What exactly did he do on his Moscow visit, try to talk sense into a leader that was hell bent on war, who had the audacity to invite another leader while he did it. From what I gathered the original intent of the visit was to find a way to stabilize Central Asia with a country that has significant influence in the region, in the hopes of preventing it from collapsing and becoming a vulnerability to the world. Putin’s actions will cause world wheat and fertilizer prices to soar, the ramifications of which are potentially global famine.

IK never endorsed the invasion that way India basically did with the Soviet one in Afghanistan. He did the best he could considering he was a guest and his meeting had been facilitated by the Chinese. Despite the current crisis, Pakistan and Russia are still neighbors across the Central Asia divide, and finding a way to stabilize the region is in the long term interest of all parties. Putin will not be in power forever and as long as there is a Russia and a Pakistan, it is in the interest of the region if both countries could be pillars of stability.

It’s too bad, Putin had to go and destabilize the world and undermine what could have been an opportunity for rehabilitation finally realized.

Interesting.
Would that include commonwealth nations in Africa and Asia?

Do you happen to know if Indian Gurkha regiments in UK Army get UK passport after doing service?
Included EVERYONE, and yes, that included Africa and Asia

Very obvious it include Nepal, that's where they get all the Gurkha, before Hong Kong returned to China and belong to the commonwealth, local were recruited thru the same scheme, I personally know some Hong Konger who served in the British Army and went to Falkland. Quite a few from Singapore (even now) and quite a few from Australia, Fiji and New Zealand.

There are large contingent of Ghanan commonwealth soldier and South African Commonwealth Soldier in the British Army.

If I remember correctly, Commonwealth Citizen (regardless where you are from) will get Get British Passport after 5 years service and 1 year stay in the UK with Indefinite leave to remain. Which mean 6 years after joining, you will get British Citizenship.

What exactly did he do on his Moscow visit, try to talk sense into a leader that was hell bent on war, who had the audacity to invite another leader while he did it. From what I gathered the original intent of the visit was to find a way to stabilize Central Asia with a country that has significant influence in the region, in the hopes of preventing it from collapsing and becoming a vulnerability to the world. Putin’s actions will cause world wheat and fertilizer prices to soar, the ramifications of which are potentially global famine.

IK never endorsed the invasion that way India basically did with the Soviet one in Afghanistan. He did the best he could considering he was a guest and his meeting had been facilitated by the Chinese. Despite the current crisis, Pakistan and Russia are still neighbors across the Central Asia divide, and finding a way to stabilize the region is in the long term interest of all parties. Putin will not be in power forever and as long as there is a Russia and a Pakistan, it is in the interest of the region if both countries could be pillars of stability.

It’s too bad, Putin had to go and destabilize the world and undermine what could have been an opportunity for rehabilitation finally realized.

I mean Imran was able to get a deal on Russian gas which would lower gas costs for Pakistan while energy costs are soaring worldwide. I'd consider that a great success.

What else was he going to do? Jump in front of Russian tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom