What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about natural resources such as gold, silver, tin, copper, gemstones, oil, natural gas etc? Money itself without resource backing it doesn't mean much. That is why the US dollar is based on the petroleum sales through OPEC. So in this instance, Russia is a major producer rare earth minerals, natural gas, oil, and other minerals. Internally Russia should be fine with some squeeze on the petroleum exports, but over time, it should weather those sanctions as well.

Actually, US dollars that based on oil is a myth, first of all, US is the largest Oil Production country in the world, at 11.3 billions barrel a day, Trumping the next 2 by 2 billions a day (Russia at 9.8Billions and Saudi at 9.2) so even if USD is based on OPEC, that's still controlled by the US.

But no, because compare to Oil Production. USD itself is a much more valuable commodity, because it has been traded ! 5 Trillions a day, At a whopping 25 quadrillion dollar a year rate with roughly 250 trading day (SWIFT don't trade on the weekend), That 25000 trillions (1 quadrillion = 1000 trillion), Oil market on the other hand, is a 134 Trillion dollar market annum (That's very impressive by the way, that's 6 times of US GDP, but only about 1/200 of what SWIFT Traded a day). And we know US Dollar is 61% of World reserve, which mean 61% of those 25000 trillion transaction would be in USD. And that is just SWIFT, (international bank-bank transfer) I am discounting Currency trade, settlement, and domestic trade, which I have no idea how much of a market those.

Problem with commodity like gold, oil, silver, tin etc, is that you need a buyer to buy them or it virtually worth nothing but a lump of tin sitting at your desk. Which is what the sanction is about. You have have 300 tons gold sitting in a bank, but with nobody buying it, it worth nothing, not sure does that make sense to you?

But then you will probably ask, how about China? Or other Allies of Russia? Well, specifically speaking, they don't have any trading partner that can have much purchasing power vis-a-vis the west, except China, but then China also have their limit. IT's not like they can swallow the entire Russian economy on their own, even with country like Cuba, Venzuela, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan help. And then China would also need to consider whether or not it's to their advantage to break the sanction and help Russia. Because yes, US cannot hold China responsible if they break the Sanction and trade with Russia, but US Treasury department and EU can stop their own company trading with Chinese company. That is the risk China will take if they decided to help Russia.

They should consider sending in special force troops to capture Zelensky and gang and have them tried. Accurate info on his whereabouts need to be established first.

The suffering of civilians caught up in this political mess should be minimized.

After a clinical operation, regime change instituted, problem solved. Operation ends.

They have performed admirably well.

Zelensky and gang have performed well in their social media and Western electronic media.

They don't want Ukrainian infrastructure ruined, civilian casualties to pile up.

Why do you want Syrians to suffer? Not very decent of you.
Russians are winning its obvious a country that uses western electronic media to claim they have killed so many Russians, then why Russians aren't retreating? Many videos turn out to be fake, most of the hardware is same except new ones. Ukraine is using its own destroyed hardware and marking Z on them to say that these are Russians.

I use this thread to read usefull stuff, I've added about 60-70 posters to my already lengthy ignore list from this thread alone. You're on my very short list of people whose posts I bother reading, so I'm missing most of the armchair cheerleading (But I get it second hand everytime you and Jhungary engage with those on my ignore list).

I'm calling this Ukraine situation as I see it, one big mess that's only going to get messier.
What sort of sycophantic post is this? Grow up man and grow some balls.

Moldova raises the white flag:lol::lol::lol:

Moldova to do everything to avoid involvement in Ukrainian situation - MFA​

The government is working to "preserve peace in the society, consolidate it and block calls for violence," the minister said

CHISINAU, February 28. /TASS/. Moldova will do everything to avoid involvement in the situation in Ukraine where Russia is conducting a special military operation, Moldovan Foreign Minister Nicolae Popescu said on TV-8 television on Monday.
"We are making every effort to avoid Moldova’s involvement in this conflict," he said. "It’s not easy, given the Transdniestrian conflict and the presence of Russian troops on our territory."
The government is working to "preserve peace in the society, consolidate it and block calls for violence," the minister said.

Yes Russia supporting yet another separatist group in another sovereign country because it wants to protect "ethnic Russians" from oppression. 😂 If this isn't enough for other Eastern European countries to join NATO then they can only submit to Russia as a vassal state . That's their only hope for peace. 🤣
This should be a lesson to every country with a significant ethnic Russian minority. Better be on guard, since your country can be invaded and carved out to "protect the rights of ethic Russians " at any time. 🤣

Last edited:
They should consider sending in special force troops to capture Zelensky and gang and have them tried. Accurate info on his whereabouts need to be established first.

The suffering of civilians caught up in this political mess should be minimized.

After a clinical operation, regime change instituted, problem solved. Operation ends.
I have a belief he might not even be in Ukraine. US already informed Ukraine of possible invasion he is an actor staged some videos of him with helmet and Kevlar jacket. Its a speculation but I believe it so.

Yup. Too late in capturing Kiev
Not too late. You are talking about capturing a capital of a good sized country. This is no joke US had to waste so much time to invade poorer countries than Ukraine and yet they had to successfully capture Baghdad. From 20 march to 9 April and yet with full NATO coalition. Here a single country that is not superpower is fighting alone with some volunteers from Chechnyan force so you need to realize that it takes time.

Last edited:
One of the purposes of instigating a war and relentless propaganda about Russian failures by the Yankees, is for Russkies to bring out their big guns and their A game.

So that the Yankees can closely study it, glean valuable intelligence.

It would be prudent and wise of the Russkie leadership not to fall for this bait of course.

I think cyberattacks on yankee social media giants may be a good starting point for a counterattack.

Deploying nuclear weapons and delivery vehicles in Cuba and Venezuala can also be considered unless American nuclear weapons and troops are ejected from Europe. Quid pro quo.

They have performed admirably well.

Zelensky and gang have performed well in their social media and Western electronic media.

They don't want Ukrainian infrastructure ruined, civilian casualties to pile up.

Why do you want Syrians to suffer? Not very decent of you.

Well we all can give excuses but everyone can see that Russian invasion hasn't gone well. Kiev is still not captured. There are high casualties. A lot of Russian equipment getting captured by Ukrainians. This isn't what I would call "admirably well"

I pointed out Syrians since bombing Syrian civilians is the only thing that Russians have done admirably well

From what I have noticed till now

Russia has performed poorly in this war. Kiev is still not captured by Russian forces and there are big losses and heavy casualties

I think Russia shouldn't have started this war. They should continue what they do best. Bombing innocent Syrians
Putin administration made it clear numerously that they didnt want to occupies Ukrine, that if Ukrine Army uprise against its own govt it will be more suitable for Russia but that didnt happening and it definately frustrates Putin. Putin wants in Ukrine a friendly regime just like they have in Belarus who stations Russion Army to face Nato outside of proper Russian Lands. That is the ideal outcome for Putin Admin at the moment. If Russians succeeds in converting Ukrine from Pro-Nato to Pro-Russia and making it a buffer zone their goals are achieved and they are moving towrds that albite slowly but surely.

Well we all can give excuses but everyone can see that Russian invasion hasn't gone well. Kiev is still not captured. There are high casualties. A lot of Russian equipment getting captured by Ukrainians. This isn't what I would call "admirably well"

I pointed out Syrians since bombing Syrian civilians is the only thing that Russians have done admirably well

The excuses seem to be for your misunderstanding or misreading of the ground reality in Ukraine.

Your Pakistan lost half your country in 14 days against India. It still took India 14 days. That too with a very willing population that wanted to defeat Pakistani army, it took Indians 14 days.

Kiev has already been surrounded. How many days has it been?
We are talking about the largest country exclusively in Europe.

Despite all the wanton massacres, war crimes and bombing in Iraq, how long did it take them to capture Baghdad?

Normally, I don't post here because any rational post gets "banned" by the thin skinned clueless folks. After reading 5 days of rants, it is time look from an adult perspective.

1. The war on Ukraine is in reality NATO and western puppet nations war on Russia with the aim of Balkanizing it. The Zionist criminal Blinken has made no secret of it. Russia is the last frontier for the Bilderberg Jews and their global "full spectrum domination" agenda.

2. 90% of Ukrainian racist propaganda is total fabrications. The Ukrainian Nazis brutal treatment of Indians, Africans, Arabs and other "colored people" speaks volumes for itself. The Polish racists are not any better. I just saw a video of an African Nigerian student who was beaten up Ukrainian and Polish police thugs and thrown off a train. There are countless descriptions of racism now flooding the internet.

3. Anyone with real combat experience knows that all military plans falter at the battle field and strategy has to be changed as required. Like any major battle-plan, after some initial glitches the Russian armed forces have regained the initiative. They have built-up supply lines, reinforced troops and have adequate logistics to liberate Kiev. Now they should process with a EMP attack on all Ukrainian infrastructure and cripple electricity, internet, TV stations and radio. Ukraine always as a Nazi and drug peddlers base but now foreign terrorists are making it into another Syria. Russia needs to hit any country where these terrorists are coming from. It is a fight for the survival of Russia and no quarter should be given to the terrorists and their sponsors.

Finally, despite all the shameless western propaganda, Russia will prevail. It has come as no surprise about the blatant racist double standards of the west. If a Muslim had gone to fight anywhere in the world, they would be arrested and charged with "terrorism", but it is more than OK for the west to encourage and transport terrorists to Poland and Romania to kill Russians. This hypocrisy is sickening.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom