What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expected.

Meanwhile Russian markets are down 50% and still falling fast.

Which was also expected.

That is a good thing for US. Relieves pressure from the feds, bond yield are dropping . No more 6 hikes as anticipated.

The stock bubble is deflating on its own 🙂

War definitely has benefits.

It reflects, that wherever you want to avoid you goes in 'twitter' mode. So this is called diplomacy.

Did you read my post? I noticed you didn't.
USA/West, where they feel themselves on weak moral grounds, they use to play a game called 'SANCTIONS' and this is not a new thing. What are they able to change against Iran or Korea?
I did read your comment. I also didn't avoid anything. You said to keep my comments short, I said this isn't twitter. If you want to have short verbal spars, go to twitter.

Also, sanctions are about punishing, as much as it is about getting nations to change their behavior. Without nukes, NK would be irrelevant. Without the possibility of Iranians making nukes, and their support of proxies, the Iran would be irrelevant.

President Zelenskyy recorded video tape playing on AJN. Pleads Ukranians to join up as volunteers, and donate blood. Calls on Western allies to help and states " if you don't help Ukraine today, war will be knocking on your door, signs off with "GLORY TO UKRAINE".

President Zelenskyy recorded video tape playing on AJN. Pleads Ukranians to join up as volunteers, and donate blood. Calls on Western allies to help and states " if you don't help Ukraine today, war will be knocking on your door, signs off with "GLORY TO UKRAINE".
President Zelenskyy "WE HAVE PRISIONERS OF WAR"

Russia Ukraine war do not put China in awkward position. The worst one to suffer is India.

China can continue support Russia economy without being sanction as China economy is too powerful.

While India will be forced by western partners to condemn Russia and forced to no military deal and economy deal with Russia. India is in massive dilemma

You think you're being nuanced, but I don't think you are. I think we can both agree that Russia will lose hardware and men. We can also agree that Russia included prospective losses in its wargaming and, more importantly, long-term grand strategy before engaging in this conflict and found the payoffs/costs justifiable given their regional security goals.

Crucially, there must be a quantitative threshold after which such losses become significant enough for your theory to kick in. Time will tell whether Russia's losses cross that threshold or not. Perhaps we can devote our time (on this thread, which is more about updates) to more constructive, current discussions. Thanks.

Exactly. Most people have never studied realism or grand strategy formally, so they have no clue what they are talking about.
I'm not trying to be nuanced or subtle, my comments are pretty straightforward.

On the ground: Woman sheltering in subway station expresses uncertainty and disbelief​

From CNN's Adrienne Vogt

(CNN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom