What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, brother. A month ago, all Chinese economists did not expect European funds to come to China, not USA. They predicted that USA would use the war to raise interest rates to allow European funds to flow to USA.
And the damage of this war to B&R is obvious.
So at first, we all thought that this war would only bring trouble to China's economy.
That part is obvious since neither Germany nor France is very reluctant to provoke Russia into a war.

Pictures

1645716855735.png

1645716901630.png

1645716876410.png

1645716925639.png

Exactly. That is when wars happen
No. People initiate wars NOT to make everything collapse. That would be suicidal. Most warmongers are very smart and keen for self-preservation. Certainly not suicidal. War is a tool to get something, not to ruin everything.

If only it was that easy, but it's not. I've already explained my stances, no need for me to repeat myself.

By the way, lost soldiers and hardware are hard to replace, both of which Russia has lost.

You think you're being nuanced, but I don't think you are. I think we can both agree that Russia will lose hardware and men. We can also agree that Russia included prospective losses in its wargaming and, more importantly, long-term grand strategy before engaging in this conflict and found the payoffs/costs justifiable given their regional security goals.

Crucially, there must be a quantitative threshold after which such losses become significant enough for your theory to kick in. Time will tell whether Russia's losses cross that threshold or not. Perhaps we can devote our time (on this thread, which is more about updates) to more constructive, current discussions. Thanks.

No. People initiate wars NOT to make everything collapse. That would be suicidal. Most warmongers are very smart and keen for self-preservation. Certainly not suicidal. War is a tool to get something, not to ruin everything.

Exactly. Most people have never studied realism or grand strategy formally, so they have no clue what they are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom