What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite numerous discussions - The Hungarians have signed a decree refusing lethal aid shipments into Ukraine to pass through the Hungarian Border.

---
Russia will STOP invasion if Ukraine agrees to the following demands:
- Constitutional amendment ruling out membership of any blocs (NATO)
- Ukraine must recognise CRIMEA as Russian and Donetsk and Lugansk as Independent states.
Source: AP Wire
---
Pakistan's opposition leaders have labelled IK's statements re EU diplomats as "Dangerous"
---
Human traffickers are targeting Ukrainian women and children arriving in Berlin, pretending to offer them shelter. Source: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-n...-exploit-ukrainian-refugees-dark-side-exodus/
---
Ukraine FM confirmed that shipments of arms and ammunition are flowing into the country:
Source: Visegrad24
---
Former Ukranian President Yanukovych arrived in Minsk
View attachment 821635

---
Second round of talks between Russia and Ukraine end with no cease fire:
---
European markets eager for diplomatic solution with Russia. - Source: RationalFX

---
Ukraine's president seeks international trade embargo on Russia:

Sensible thing to do.

British defence ministry has also ordered to report to service police those people who are going to Ukraine.

Poland has also rejected news that it will be supplying warplanes to Ukraine or allowing it to use her air strips.

I think, this is the right way to deescalate things. Sabre rattling is not advisable.

@LeGenD : I am wondering if it is ok to deliberately misspell the country leader in insulting ways? Not that it bothers me, but it would be nice to have clarity, :- )

I write names properly and advice other members to do the same.

I have noticed some members taking liberty in this respect, however. This should not be the norm in my view.

The biggest problem for EU economy will be high energy prices and hopefully it will make Germany restart those nuclear plants and coal plants. Some prices will rise, and people will deal with it.

Even if you are right, and the economy crashes. it will pale in significant to what would happen if Russian army came to the German border or any border. Or if the Russians actually occupy some European country.

I have no doubt europeans would rather eat grass than be occupied by Russia. Because if Russia takes over we will be eating dirt, which is a lot worse than grass.

So russia will be stopped here and the price to make that happen can be any price. It does not matter.

Dont over dramatize it.

There is no way Russia can ever occupy Germany/France or other European countries without WW3 (in which case there wont be any winners anyway).

My friend,

I am not asserting that American tanks are impenetrable - I am simply pointing out that they are much better protected than Russian tanks.

For perspective:

Tank-armor1.jpg

Source: CIA records (declassified)

NOTE: M1 Armor Protection figures are BASELINE (without ERA tiles)

T-90-tank-fprado.png

Source: fprado

M1-A2-tank-fprado.png

Source: fprado

NOTE: M1 Armor Protection figures are BASELINE (without ERA tiles)

- - -

M1 Abrams tanks can also be equipped with ERA tiles:

- - -

M1 Abrams tanks received TUSK modifications for urban warfare:

- - -

M1 Abrams tanks also received Trophy APS to counter ATGMs:

- - -

To say that American tanks may fare a bit better than Russian tanks is gross understatement.

M1 Abrams + TUSK + ERA tiles + Trophy APS = well-equipped for ATGMs and urban warfare in general.

- - -

There is no comparison between Ukraine and Iraq? According to what parameters? Ukraine isn't a military juggernaut.

Both Iraq and Syria presented considerable urban warfare challenges to invading forces. Iraqi insurgents used a combination of RPGs, IEDs and traps to confront American tanks in cities. ISIS introduced ATGMs and UAVs in the mix in later years. Insurgents use buildings for cover and to take up positions from where they can get good shot(s) at invading forces on the streets. Insurgents can subject a tank to a volley of RPGs from different directions.

If you think that ATGMs are deadly then you should check footage of Iraqi IEDs and how these items were used to devastating effect in different environments. IEDs claimed highest number of American lives across Iraq - imagine this.

Urban warfare can become messy and deadly anywhere in the world. Never assume otherwise.

Fallujah is a good example of how brutal urban warfare can become when insurgents have sufficient time to prepare and fortify the city. The battle in Fallujah reached the point of house-to-house fighting and the city could be cleared in two separate attempts (Operation Vigilant Resolve; Operation Phantom Fury). When the battle concluded, over 70% of the infrastructure of the city was in ruins.

- - -

How Russia can fight a war in conventional terms is inconsequential to how USA can fight a war in conventional terms when in the same boat. American forces have access to much superior technology and funding levels; Americans are much better equipped to fight conventional battles and/or execute Major Combat Operations accordingly.

The ongoing Russian military operation in Ukraine is largest in scale and scope since Afghanistan. Russian forces have suffered heavy losses in Ukraine in a span of only 11 days - this is due to substantial shortcomings in Russian technology and logistics in large part.

Now, let me clarify something:

Few countries have sufficient military strength and capacity to invade and occupy another country in modern times. Modern warfare methods and technologies increasingly favor the defending party in fact.

Russian military performance in Ukraine is indicative of the fact that how difficult it is to invade and occupy even a moderately large country in modern times. It is indicative of how other large armies in Asia will do on the ground when trying to invade and occupy another country.

USA is an outlier in this game.

More than 20K volunteers (as of now) from all over the world are helping Ukraine in its struggle against the Russian invader.

Rightwingers from world over have been attracted by explosion of azov battalion popularity on social media in past years. Like it did for ISIS, Doesn't mean a cent in context of war between two 21st century countries. Yes they will inflict casualties, but without a states backing will probably bleed out in a back alley.

That is just a way to put words in order to show Defiance. After a few slaps everyone starts saying "yes sir"
"Won't bow down" happens in Disney Ducktails, movies and daily soaps.

Really? what do you think we had the Cold War about? And the west won, and freed Europe. Or most of it.

Now we have Ukraine, Belarus and Russia to go.

You are seriously deluded if you think europeans will allow Russia troops to conquer them. Not only will that not happen, but there is no scenario in which Russia will be able to stay in Ukraine either.

Not even Serbia will allow Russian troops there. They are crazy, but not that crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom