What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
in west you can go to prison if you don't have the correct political view ,

BS

Over 1,000 detained across Russia at anti-war protests: Monitor

OVD-Info says protests have been held in 35 cities including the Pacific port city of Vladivostok and the Siberian city of Irkutsk.

AP22061691373558.jpg

More than 1,100 people have been detained in 35 cities across Russia at protests against President Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine, according to an independent Russian-based protest monitor.

The OVD-Info protest monitoring group said on Sunday the arrests were in cities including the Pacific port city of Vladivostok and the Siberian city of Irkutsk. Opposition activists posted videos showing protests in other cities.

It was not possible to independently verify the information, but various social media posts purportedly showed protests in different parts of Russia on Sunday.

There was no immediate comment by Russian authorities but on Saturday, the interior ministry had warned that any attempt to hold unauthorised protests would be prevented and the organisers would be held to account.

The 1,103 arrests by approximately 2:20pm Moscow time (11:20 GMT) on Sunday brought the total number of people held in anti-war protests since the invasion began on February 24 to 9,472, OVD-Info said.

Navalny call​

A video posted on social media showed a protester in a square in the far eastern city of Khabarovsk shouting: “No to war – how are you not ashamed” before two policemen arrested him.

Police used loudspeakers to tell a small group of protesters in Khabarovsk: “Respected citizens, you are taking part in an unsanctioned public event. We demand you disperse.”

So why are we debating Russian invasion of Ukraine? According to the principal taught by the West, the did it because they could. Period.
Exactly.And now Russia has to play the price. And if the price not high enough they will just continue until they rule the whole world.

Let Russia do it. What groups will this be?

Lets do it ? it shouldnt happen, but Russia might counter this way…
Russians themselves, including Chechens, Dagestanis, and even central Asian states, they might use local handlers who might be disenfranchised Hungarians, polish, Romanians..
FSB (KGB) might get very busy to counter Wests efforts of pouring manpads, atmgs into Ukraine..
I forsee war escalating… Its sad, i hope sanity will prevail and people can live a normal life..

Last edited:
So you invented your own tech term for sensor fusion. Sensor Infusion.

What tech term? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU talking about? This is what I said

J-16D is far from EA-18G.

It's not just about Jamming, this is about sensor infusion. I don't think China has any technology associated with this.

What term did I made up? I am using an English word called "infusion" to express my point that EA-18G have Sensor ADDED to the Jammer,

again, the dictionary definition of Infusion is

infusion
[ɪnˈfjuːʒ(ə)n]

the introduction of a new element or quality into something.

Do tell me how am I using the word 'Infusion" wrong? Or are you saying I cannot use "word" to express my point?

I doubt you speak from personal experience in the air force.

AXJ7XPI.jpg

What is a 'determined' enemy? it is a meaningless phrase. The default position is that all enemies are determined regardless of how much weapons they have, how many soldiers/airmen/sailors available, and so on. We CANNOT assume that the enemy is any less determined to defend than we are to attack. So your statement is meaningless to start.

But as far as the USAF go, if your airbase is designated, we WILL make it there. In the image above, one B-2 dropped six bombs at the Obvra airbase runway. The four runway-taxiway intersections were cratered to prevent aircraft movements. The two other craters neatly dissected the runways into segments too short to use by any aircraft except for helos. The result is that the runways will be out of operation for at least 1/2 day. In that time, we will see no threat from that base. The mission is called 'runway denial'. There is a science to this. Just because Iran does not have that knowledge does not mean no one else does.

A flying base without a functional runway is useless. Everything on a flying base is there to support the aircrafts. But if the runway is damaged, the entire base is useless. We can destroy runways, simple as that.
a determined enemy used the road beside the base for taking off those migs .
if its a possibility , runway denial is nothing but a myth
Qc_1Vtl6OXPD5d8Ot4xKr2YNCxCkTS3G6cjXgNmjvUU.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

specially when mig-29 can take off like this
8b1je9l7x8t01.jpg

Last edited:
And to flip the argument. What will Ukraine accomplish in the end other than utter destruction of their country, it’s towns and cities and it’s infrastructure.

So strategic goal of neutralizing threat emanating from Ukraine would in a way be achieved. Wouldn’t it have been better if they had assured neutrality in the first place.
Friend,

This war must be stopped or it will take a tremendous toll on both Ukraine (destruction) and Russia (economy) in the long term. Putin must consider political solution for this war; he has overplayed his cards in this matter. He underestimated Ukraine, European identity, and NATO in the process. This war will also leave Russian military battered, and Russians will be increasingly vulnerable to poverty in the long term.

Pakistani FM has conveyed similar message to Russian FM recently:

Underlining Islamabad's concerns over the situation in Ukraine today, Qureshi highlighted during his conversation with Lavrov that Pakistan had been emphasising the significance of fundamental principles of the United Nations (UN) Charter to deal with the situation.

He told Lavrov that Pakistan had called for "de-escalation and underscored the need for a diplomatic solution in accordance with the relevant multilateral agreements, international law, and provisions of the UN Charter," the FO statement said.

Qureshi further informed the Russian foreign minister about his recent phone conversations with counterparts from Ukraine, Poland, Romania and Hungary, as well as with the high representative of the European Union, in which he had shared "Pakistan’s principled position and stressed the importance of finding a solution [to the Russia-Ukraine conflict] through dialogue and diplomacy".

Exactly.And now Russia has to play the price. And if the price not high enough they will just continue until they rule the whole world.

May be it is a problem for the West.

I seriously doubt that the rest of the world cares who is it who rules the world.

West or Russia - both are the same.

Though with Russia, they wont have to hear the lectures about democracy, human rights, freedom of expression and so on. Just giving you perspective of a 3rd world country.

I would not go that far, Its just that these countries west against the western rules based order and got invaded. The problem was the insurgency. I really dont understand why a nation and a population would fight a democratic system, when they can just change it at the ballot box. The Iraqi insurgency really puzzled me.
No need to be puzzled, one look at the map should clarify everything.

State destroyed, power vacuum, regional actors pour in to compete for influence/minimize potential threats, militias created... Etc.

What tech term? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU talking about? This is what I said

What term did I made up? I am using an English word called "infusion" to express my point that EA-18G have Sensor ADDED to the Jammer.
Can you point out some credible literature where someone apart from self professed James Bond talk about this particular sensor infusion on EA-18g. Let's see what sensor have they infused. Or were they talking about fusing data from several sensors and assets to paint a reliable real time battlefield situation.

May be I am too naive to believe in rule of law and justice.

That apparently does not exist in this world, might is still right.

So why are we debating Russian invasion of Ukraine? According to the principal taught by the West, the did it because they could. Period.
No one who's seriously looking at this war is really debating the moral implications of the invasion, because it doesn't matter. What matters is the geopolitical implications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom