What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russia might be able to accomplish its short term objectives in Ukraine but it will find it impractical to sustain its occupation of Ukraine in view of the type of sanctions it is being subjected to lately.

Ukrainian insurgency might have much more lifeline then some realize. Even Thailand is willing to support Ukraine in this respect.

@That Guy
And to flip the argument. What will Ukraine accomplish in the end other than utter destruction of their country, it’s towns and cities and it’s infrastructure.

So strategic goal of neutralizing threat emanating from Ukraine would in a way be achieved. Wouldn’t it have been better if they had assured neutrality in the first place.

You want the truth?

We can do whatever the hell we want because the people we killed are what the world consider as "Secondary People" They are not equal, they don't sell advertisement slot, and nobody in the west care enough to care about them. And nobody in the West would bat an eyelid when they died a horrible way.

It's like what Nick Nolte said in Hotel Rwanda

The world focus on Power and Money, and if your country did not have neither, then you are dirt, you want to look to the UN to help you? Well, you are either in US camp or in Russia Camp, and if you are stupid enough to go beside either one of those interest, you are stupid enough to get deal with by the UN. This is how UN was set up.

So in what way do you have enough "power" or "money" to put US or Russia or China or UK or France on trial? Nobody care about what you think, you can scream unfair all day long but at the end of the day you are just going to do that until you die and died bitterly in the end.

If you want to bring US to justice? Develop your economy so you can replace us. Otherwise, nobody will listen to you, because your opinion don't worth shit. And I am sorry for that, but that IS the truth. Whether you like it or not. This is how world politic works.

I would not go that far, Its just that these countries west against the western rules based order and got invaded. The problem was the insurgency. I really dont understand why a nation and a population would fight a democratic system, when they can just change it at the ballot box. The Iraqi insurgency really puzzled me.

Russia has a very long border, so long you got terrorist attacks going back decades in Moscow and other places because of their conflicts.
Agreed.

Although Russians have a better pain tolerance to these tactics than compared to say Poland, Germany or France.

Fusion= Infusion! Epic

Have you actually read the article I quote??

Or you are just react like a champ and read the title...

Sensory infusion as in Sensor Infusion Jamming System.......Literally mean a Jammer added Sensor functionality on it. F-35 is NOT a jammer, by the way, in case you missed that obvious fact.

Last edited:
Have you actually read the article I quote??

Or you are just react like a champ and read the title...

Sensory infusion as in Sensor Infusionary Jamming System.......Literally mean a Jammer added Sensor functionality on it. F-35 is NOT a jammer, by the way, in case you missed that obvious fact.
Can you post where they call sensor fusion as sensor Infusion?

If Russia manages to weather the massive sanctions and meet their objectives in Ukraine(which is very likely imo). The West would have played all its non-kinetic soft power cards without having prevented what it was designed to. There will be a serious pshychological aftermath around the globe.

sanctions are going to work, it will just take time. they will cripple the Russian Military industrial machine in the long term.

MR , in Russia today you get arrested or beaten for demonstrating against the war , social media is blocked , and news agencies are closed if they fail to follow the official government line.

All this does nor happen in the west and is typical to a dictatorship ,like Russia has become.

Sure , all news reports today should be read with caution .

But between news agencies of a democracy and those of a dictatorship , i will choose those of a democracy every time.

You are talking of a totally different world when it comes to free press.

~
in west you can go to prison if you don't have the correct political view , and what freedom of speech at least this conflict show s there is no freedom of speech in west and even cats and Olympic are political and all the talk about non political this and non political that is just lie
news agencies in dictatorial environment serve the dictators and in so called freedom serve the one with bigger money

I would not go that far, Its just that these countries west against the western rules based order and got invaded. The problem was the insurgency. I really dont understand why a nation and a population would fight a democratic system, when they can just change it at the ballot box. The Iraqi insurgency really puzzled me.

There are multiple issue for an insurgency, most of which is about power, but I would say mostly it's about power or trying to stay in power

But I think this is over the scope of this discussion
Can you post where they call sensor fusion as sensor Infusion?
Oh my god.

Can you do maths? what 1 + 1 equal to?

infusion
[ɪnˈfjuːʒ(ə)n]

the introduction of a new element or quality into something

If you have no idea what infusion is in English, then I can't help you.

Did I ever say "sensor fusion" is called "Sensor infusion"? where did I say that, please let me know.

Don't EVER estimate the day-to-day bungles that take place.

One of the most interesting jobs that we took up for the IAF was an audio-visual to teach maintenance crew how to service ejection seats without getting their hands blown off.
I was only half joking with that comment.

I can imagine the practical liabilities with this type of realignment. But I also think that dependency on Russian supplied hardware in any way with China has considerable risk because of current geopolitical alignment. Ideal scenario would be for India to use indigenous equipment. That however seems ever illusive. :undecided:

There are multiple issue for an insurgency

Oh my god.

Can you do maths? what 1 + 1 equal to?

infusion
[ɪnˈfjuːʒ(ə)n]

the introduction of a new element or quality into something

If you have no idea what infusion is in English, then I can't help you.
So you invented your own tech term for sensor fusion. Sensor Infusion.

sanctions are going to work, it will just take time. they will cripple the Russian Military industrial machine in the long term.

Despite mother of all sanctions, Europe is paying around 1 billion Euros per day. That is like 10 billion in the last 10 days.

I dont see Russia becoming next North Korea anytime soon where people are starving to death.

Basic needs such as shelter, food, water, medicine are abundant in Russia. So for the sanctions to work really, they have to stay for 5-10 years.

And I have a feeling, they wont stay in current form for more than a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom