What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Traditional wisdom suggest that what Russia should do is roll over the countryside with superior firepower, and then lay siege the town and population center, this is not done,

How can they hold the countryside of a country that big with only 170,000 troops?

Agreed, except that this is his own dealing, not a NATO trap.

The writing are on the wall long time ago, and BoJo and Biden both said numerous time that they are not going to put their troop on the ground and they are not going to put up a No-Fly Zone. NATO made this very clear from the beginning and during the entire war that there will not be physical intervention, which is something Putin should have took notice.

I mean sure, attack the barrack and roll tank over defence, that I understand, shelling the city indiscriminately in the residential area and using missile and what not in a civil population? That's over doing it.

Traditional wisdom suggest that what Russia should do is roll over the countryside with superior firepower, and then lay siege the town and population center, this is not done, in fact, the opposite was what Putin doing, they allow the countryside to roam free, and they attack the city center, the reason why the 40 miles convoy still has not arrive in Kyiv on day 10 is because the countryside is not secured and the Ukrainian is fighting asymmetrically. Those fight are supposed to be done with by absolutely massive number. I mean Russia is lucky in my opinion, if Ukraine have a spare mobile armor brigade to hit those convoy on the flank of their axis of advance, those convoy will be long gone.

Part of me is happy that Russian fight like that, another part of me, the Military Officer side, is pissing at the Russian advance...

Well, I definitely feel this was a trap set by NATO. NATO has actively recruited Ukraine even though it has not formally accepted it as a member state. In addition, the West was certainly influencing the country from the 90s to move towards an anti-Russian stance which culminated with the Maidan Movement. IMO, Ukraine was used as a sacrificial lamb and Putin took the bait. Now Russia is completely isolated from Europe, the Nordstream 2 pipeline is dead in the water and the military industrial complex is rejoicing because hundreds of billions will be spent in more weapons sales.

Ukraine would've been best served by a Switzerland style neutrality stand, it sits on major crossroads and would've prospered by being neutral. However, because it has taken such an anti-Russian stand because of encouragement from the West, the result is what we see today.

Ukraine is infested with far right and Russian stance is understandable. They will not tolerate NATO hardware on their border.

The Cuban missile crisis was the same scenario.

Thing is, NATO already had hardware in Russian border.

Latvia is every bit as close as Ukraine vis-a-vis the distant to Moscow, if not closer, and Estonia is a bit further away, the NATO hardware on Russian border is not an valid argument. Which is now going to be heavily militarized now since this war had happened. There are extra 10,000 NATO troop (4000 US) in Latvia and by the end of next month, there are going to be US radar site and another 10,000 after Biden declare the troop surge from 80,000 to 110,000 in Europe, I mean, there were 0 US Troop in Latvia before this started, now, there are 10,000, and by net month, 20,000. Not to mention the look of Putin Face if Finland decided to join NATO, which is highly likely judging from the latest opinion poll.

Also, don't forget Russia is so scare of NATO equipment in Russia border enough to sell their own advance equipment to Turkey (NATO member) not so long ago....

And finally, would you be able to share to me beside the Azov Battalion (which is 450 men) what kind of Neo Nazi influence are applying to Zelenskyy (A Jew) government? If that is this rampant like everybody said, there should be other group not just Azov....

Last edited:
Well yeah. they might not like it. but nato hardware is already on Russian border. and they cant do anything.

What Russia is dong now is prevent Ukraine from having future nato membership. And expanding the Russian empire.

The end result will be destruction snd impoverishment of Russia. and instead of nato peacefully on its border, it will have a non nato country on its border killing Russian soldiers, armed and funded by nato.

So they only had 2 choices and picked this one.

Russia is a superpower, they will follow through if they see this as an existential threat. I would expect any of the superpowers to behave the same way.

Do you know what would happen if Mexico started loading up on Russian arms on the US border?:lol: Mexico would be obliterated.

How can they hold the countryside of a country that big with only 170,000 troops?
They can't, but they don't need to, you only need to hold until your convoy pass thru the area.

If you look at Russia advance in the North, they were strung-out and flank were not guarded and each advance were not connected to each other.

This is heaven for any Armor guy like myself.....

Just read the map, this is on day 8, the black arrow is where you can hit them and make them hurt, and if you look at the Southern part, they aren't advance like that...You can clearly see the difference...

end game.jpg

Well, I definitely feel this was a trap set by NATO. NATO has actively recruited Ukraine even though it has not formally accepted it as a member state. In addition, the West was certainly influencing the country from the 90s to move towards an anti-Russian stance which culminated with the Maidan Movement. IMO, Ukraine was used as a sacrificial lamb and Putin took the bait. Now Russia is completely isolated from Europe, the Nordstream 2 pipeline is dead in the water and the military industrial complex is rejoicing because hundreds of billions will be spent in more weapons sales.

Ukraine would've been best served by a Switzerland style neutrality stand, it sits on major crossroads and would've prospered by being neutral. However, because it has taken such an anti-Russian stand because of encouragement from the West, the result is what we see today.

Well, if this is a NATO trap, they wouldn't tell EVERYONE IN THE WORLD that they are not going to get involved from the get go.

Again, if Ukraine is important for NATO, they would have taken them back in 2008 when they apply, and again in 2015, the truth is, as the former Polish Foreign Minister Sikorski said, "Ukraine is not worth NATO to fight for, you can spare the BS they were divided, that's just an excuse, West Germany was divided when they joined NATO. " This is a very clear idea and NATO is not hiding it any.

Ukraine were only anti-Russian since they took Crimea, I mean, would you be?

And I am pretty sure if MIC is involved, they would push for a NATO war, you can't make money selling Javelin or Stinger, you need to be able to sell fighters, ships and advance military equipment.

Considering all the equipment being abandoned by the Russians, according to social media, how many countries have special forces units inside Ukraine right now, trying to get at it? Or do you think it will all just be collected after the war?

Russian full quality systems (not export quality)

This nazi stuff is just Russian propaganda, its a little odd as you say. Russia basically has no real argument to attack so they invent this nonsense.

There are neo nazis in Ukraine and in Russia. Its a fringe ideology. Its also a way to hype up young guys for a very difficult war.

Nazis dd not hate slavs, they kind fo thought them to be inferior to the Germans, and in many respects we are. I am a slav. We often talk about how we can be more like germans. When germans invaded Russia they were shocked at the living conditions and lack of toilets etc.

Also germans liberated many slavs from a genocide and mass murder being committed by the Soviets. This was the case in Ukraine so they will have some nazi sympathies, All my family survived nazi occupation. They were only quite bad to the jews and gypsies.

Anyway this nazi stuff is just a Russian smokescreen.

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one puzzled here about all the Neo-Nazi stuff and yes it does seem like some kind of a smokescreen.

Russia or Putin did not fall for the trap, they have a clear plan. Have you ever thought why the 40 mile convoy is just still. Their aim is not to occupy and annex Kyiv but lay a seige of it and use it for negotiation or some deal. Their AIM is to connect a land bridge from Transnistria to Donetsk, which will be named Novorossiya. After Odesa is taken the convoy will move forward.
The very fact that there is a 40 miles convoy is a problem for Russian planning.

If Russia is serious in this war, and planned to a level of competence, they will seize airfield in and around their objective. But none of them are seized, and the are even still battling for the Antonov Airfield where Russia just lost a General there.

Logistic have several level, some you can brought in by truck, some you can't, there are stuff that you urgently needed like food, water and ammunition to sustain the war effort, you can't bring them over with 40 miles convoy which is still stuck in the outskirt of Kyiv.

Not to mention that convoy is a big target and Russia still do not have Air Superiority on day 10, they can hit them with artillery because that convoy spelled 40 mile of vulnerability..

These are the people being provided lethal aid right now: the little man in the photo next to Ivan is Nestor Shufrych (Member of Parliament in Ukraine)

View attachment 820956

He has been arrested for allegedly taking a photo of a checkpoint and is presently is custody of the vigilante police…

Mad Max 5.0

Talibanisation of Yuuuuurop as one journalist called the continent.

Mind you a lot of terrorist involving white supremacists were influenced by or had travelled to Ukraine. Also they mingle together on white supremacists versions of PDF. Walmart shooter in Texas and Tarrant being some examples.

So this does have potential of creating some chaos in region. And muslims in Europe could become a target.

Russia is a superpower, they will follow through if they see this as an existential threat. I would expect any of the superpowers to behave the same way.

Do you know what would happen if Mexico started loading up on Russian arms on the US border?:lol: Mexico would be obliterated.

This raises the question if Russia is a superpower. We will see its ability to project force. If it fails here, it will be even worse for them.

Nukes dont make a superpower. North Korea has nukes too. Probably enough nukes to destroy America. But its not a superpower

Well, if this is a NATO trap, they wouldn't tell EVERYONE IN THE WORLD that they are not going to get involved from the get go.

Again, if Ukraine is important for NATO, they would have taken them back in 2008 when they apply, and again in 2015, the truth is, as the former Polish Foreign Minister Sikorski said, "Ukraine is not worth NATO to fight for, you can spare the BS they were divided, that's just an excuse, West Germany was divided when they joined NATO. " This is a very clear idea and NATO is not hiding it any.

Ukraine were only anti-Russian since they took Crimea, I mean, would you be?

And I am pretty sure if MIC is involved, they would push for a NATO war, you can't make money selling Javelin or Stinger, you need to be able to sell fighters, ships and advance military equipment.

Ukraine took an anti-Russian turn in 2014, that's why Russia seized Crimea. Although I will agree that doing this was opportunistic and impatient and ultimately self-destructive as it made Ukraine even more anti-Russian, but why would Russia seize Crimea if Ukraine was a friendly country?

Also, NATO did not take Ukraine precisely because the West was using Ukraine as a sacrificial lamb. It constantly teased about taking it to incite Russia, but it had no real intention to because taking Ukraine would set the West up for a direct conflict with Russia, which it was not going to do. Ukraine as a sacrificial lamb was a useful strategic tool and it has worked with completely shutting Russia off from Europe.

This was very much related to the Nordstream 2 pipeline. If that project went ahead, Germany and much of Europe would be very dependent on Russia for energy, even more so than they are now. This would mean they could not take as hostile a stand against Russia as Washington would like. Integration of Russia with Europe also means greater Eurasian integration and by that extension, the successful implementation of China's Belt and Road. So sacrificing Ukraine to draw Russia in and thus, sending Europe into hysteria, kills many birds with one stone.

Perhaps in Putin's mind Ukraine is just like Chechnya?
Well, I don't think I know what Putin Think, I don't pretend to know what Putin Think, but if I was in Putin position, I wouldn't do what he did, that's what I can say.

Maybe he think there are not going to be an insurgency? Or maybe he don't care, I honestly cannot speak for the mind for another person.

But traditional wisdom suggested that he should have know the circumstance is difference.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom