What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with your post is your time line starts in 2014.

What were the events that led to crimea ?

As I said read the letter and connect the dots.

Let us assume that Russian rebels were not the problem before 2014, and it was all Ukraine's fault.

Still, after capturing Crimea, Putin could still put it on the negotiation table if Ukraine agrees for the guarantee of the rights of Russian minorities and staying neutral.

Nevertheless, Putin didn't offer Crimea as a bargaining chip, but went further to support the rebels in other areas of Ukraine too.

And after doing so, if Putin still demands that Ukraine should stay neutral and does not join NATO, then it is not going to happen, while he himself closed the doors for the negotiations through his previous invasions.

As far as my thought goes. This is probably what Putin have done wrong.

NATO were never going to come into Ukraine assistance except for Arms transfer, the request of No Fly Zone is a no brainer, Zelenskyy knows it, Putin knows it, everyone in NATO knows it.

So if Putin is smart, he should have wait until Zelenskyy losing steam on NATO (like the address he has done yesterday) and when he does, gently remind Zelenskyy that NATO is not coming, and they weren't coming from the get go and he was living in a dream for thinking NATO is going to bail his country out. Everyone in both side knows the American and European will at most just sit infront of their tele and say "How awful is this" and move on. So if Putin make the situation dire enough, and show them his hand, he would probably agree to most of Russian point. I would assume this is the reason why putting did not engage fully with the war in the first 7 days

That is not going to happen now because Putin used a hardline approach, which done too many thing that would cross the line not just to Zelenskyy but to normal Ukrainian. As I said before, you don't make friend with bombs. Which mean the more the Russia side shell civilian, the more you put them against Putin, and there are no way 200,000 troop (probably a lot less now as the war of attrition went on can control the entire country. Which mean insurgency at this point is all but certain, and this is not going to be driven by the EU or NATO, but simply people losing their home, their love one because Russia choose to target civilian instead of military target. Much like how Germany were at the brink of conquering British RAF but then they choose to bomb civilian, which increased the population resolve and gave reprieve to the military
Excellent analysis 🙂👍

Excellent analysis 🙂👍
Putin should have just wait.

I don't see how the population of Ukraine will accept a Pro-Russian government? After the same government demolished their home and cause significant civilian casualty. And the more the Russian do it, the deeper the hatred it has become.

And this is the same cycle we have when we are in Afghanistan. Local hate us because we were there, and because we were there, the Taliban attacks. and because Taliban attacks, we bomb the shit out of their farm, house and so on, because we are under attacks, and because of that, they hated us.

"Because of US ... "

Millions have been sent to hell

Ukraine is the last country in the long line of this colossal and deadly plutocratic-oligarchic military Empire founded in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, heir to the British empire

A neutral Ukraine was beneficial for all: beneficial for Ukrainians, for Russians and for Western Europeans. The only losers were the fanatics in London and Washington

The freedom to spread Chaos and terror across the face of the earth

Gambit

Ukraine was used as a sacrificial lamb, no doubt.

I don't see how the population of Ukraine will accept a Pro-Russian government? After the same government demolished their home and cause significant civilian casualty. And the more the Russian do it, the deeper the hatred it has become.

And this is the same cycle we have when we are in Afghanistan. Local hate us because we were there, and because we were there, the Taliban attacks. and because Taliban attacks, we bomb the shit out of their farm, house and so on, because we are under attacks, and because of that, they hated us.

I agree. I feel Putin miscalculated badly this time. It might be his isolation from all of the years he has had great power, his old age clouding his judgment, his extreme obsession about Russia's fall from power, but I think he miscalculated and fell for NATO's trap.

So this is why Trump was buttering up Putin when he was president. He tried to save Ukraine as he knew his deep state wanted NATO hardware on the Russian border. Trump was an underrated peacemaker.

The bear has a right to protect its borders.

Reactions: TNT
Look at these soldiers, they look pitiful. If this is going to be the occupying force, Russia is finished, Look at their helmets.

Imagine these soldiers faced a nato country, any nato country. Even Lithuania.
These are conscripts kind of the b team as far as Russia is concerned. It’s well equipped troops are fighting near Donbas.

I'm a bit lost on all this Neo-Nazi stuff. As far as I know both the Ukrainians and Russians are Slavs and thus on Hitler's sh*t list. Or are they treating others on the list even worse...like the Roma.

This nazi stuff is just Russian propaganda, its a little odd as you say. Russia basically has no real argument to attack so they invent this nonsense.

There are neo nazis in Ukraine and in Russia. Its a fringe ideology. Its also a way to hype up young guys for a very difficult war.

Nazis dd not hate slavs, they kind fo thought them to be inferior to the Germans, and in many respects we are. I am a slav. We often talk about how we can be more like germans. When germans invaded Russia they were shocked at the living conditions and lack of toilets etc.

Also germans liberated many slavs from a genocide and mass murder being committed by the Soviets. This was the case in Ukraine so they will have some nazi sympathies, All my family survived nazi occupation. They were only quite bad to the jews and gypsies.

Anyway this nazi stuff is just a Russian smokescreen.

This nazi stuff is just Russian propaganda, its a little odd as you say. Russia basically has no real argument to attack so they invent this nonsense.

There are neo nazis in Ukraine and in Russia. Its a fringe ideology. Its also a way to hype up young guys for a very difficult war.

Nazis dd not hate slavs, they kind fo thought them to be inferior to the Germans, and in many respects we are. I am a slav. We often talk about how we can be more like germans. When germans invaded Russia they were shocked at the living conditions and lack of toilets etc.

Also germans liberated many slavs from a genocide and mass murder being committed by the Soviets. This was the case in Ukraine so they will have some nazi sympathies, All my family survived nazi occupation. They were only quite bad to the jews and gypsies.

Anyway this nazi stuff is just a Russian smokescreen.

Ukraine is infested with far right and Russian stance is understandable. They will not tolerate NATO hardware on their border.

The Cuban missile crisis was the same scenario.

Reactions: TNT

Perhaps in Putin's mind Ukraine is just like Chechnya?

Let us assume that Russian rebels were not the problem before 2014, and it was all Ukraine's fault.

Still, after capturing Crimea, Putin could still put it on the negotiation table if Ukraine agrees for the guarantee of the rights of Russian minorities and staying neutral.

Nevertheless, Putin didn't offer Crimea as a bargaining chip, but went further to support the rebels in other areas of Ukraine too.

And after doing so, if Putin still demands that Ukraine should stay neutral and does not join NATO, then it is not going to happen, while he himself closed the doors for the negotiations through his previous invasions.

I will ask you the same question?

Let's for the sake of argument we analyse the current events, had ukraine took negotiations seriously this war would have never happened. Now the 2 independent republics are off the table as well. ( Remember Putin called for neutrality ( a solid agreement) but Ukraine rejected it that forced Russia to accept the independence of these republics.

Had Ukraine not get involved in geostrategic western agenda before they would have crimea with them as well. Now its gone for good.

The sooner the sense prevails the less Ukraine will loose. The West wants Ukraine to be an Afghanistan for Russia.

Now it is argument of blood, prestige and trust, so that territory is lost.

What ones point of view about this conflict differs is just between

1) Either one pursues western ( US/UK) agenda and uses loss of lives of Ukrainians as a cover up. The ones advocating for the puppet that destroyed his country and only intends to prolong the war.

OR

2) Genuinely cares for the lives lost and wants this to end with minimum loss to Ukraine.

You can easily filter out who's agenda is what from their comments.

Ukrainians have been killing their own countryperson for years and continue to do so now, as per this French journalist:
One-eyed instigators have been and are blind to that.

A wonderful journalist. But will her words and witnessing be listened in the UN Terrorist Council, the EU, the White House and their minion media houses like BBC and CNN and in allied media houses say in India ?

Ukraine is infested with far right and Russian stance is understandable. They will not tolerate NATO hardware on their border.

The Cuban missile crisis was the same scenario.

Well yeah. they might not like it. but nato hardware is already on Russian border. and they cant do anything.

What Russia is dong now is prevent Ukraine from having future nato membership. And expanding the Russian empire.

The end result will be destruction snd impoverishment of Russia. and instead of nato peacefully on its border, it will have a non nato country on its border killing Russian soldiers, armed and funded by nato.

So they only had 2 choices and picked this one.

Ukraine was used as a sacrificial lamb, no doubt.

I agree. I feel Putin miscalculated badly this time. It might be his isolation from all of the years he has had great power, his old age clouding his judgment, his extreme obsession about Russia's fall from power, but I think he miscalculated and fell for NATO's trap.
Agreed, except that this is his own dealing, not a NATO trap.

The writing are on the wall long time ago, and BoJo and Biden both said numerous time that they are not going to put their troop on the ground and they are not going to put up a No-Fly Zone. NATO made this very clear from the beginning and during the entire war that there will not be physical intervention, which is something Putin should have took notice.

I mean sure, attack the barrack and roll tank over defence, that I understand, shelling the city indiscriminately in the residential area and using missile and what not in a civil population? That's over doing it.

Traditional wisdom suggest that what Russia should do is roll over the countryside with superior firepower, and then lay siege the town and population center, this is not done, in fact, the opposite was what Putin doing, they allow the countryside to roam free, and they attack the city center, the reason why the 40 miles convoy still has not arrive in Kyiv on day 10 is because the countryside is not secured and the Ukrainian is fighting asymmetrically. Those fight are supposed to be done with by absolutely massive number. I mean Russia is lucky in my opinion, if Ukraine have a spare mobile armor brigade to hit those convoy on the flank of their axis of advance, those convoy will be long gone.

Part of me is happy that Russian fight like that, another part of me, the Military Officer side, is pissing at the Russian advance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom