What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't really need foreign currency to serve as the reserve in order to back its own currency. China does that because it wants to maintain advantageous rate with US dollar. Russia, on the other hand, has more gold reserve than China has, though its economy is only a fraction of the Chinese.
Russia only have 150 billions of gold. That's not even half of what they have in Central Bank. This is going to go in no time.

And you need foreign currency to balance your own currency, this has been done in EVERYCOUNTRY, China included. Of the 3 Trillion Chinese surplus, 1.4 Trillions is US Dollar. within that 1.07 are US T-Bond.

This woman almost started WW3.. She is Aziqbal's half-sister. She is very aggressive British empire believer.. She said something that could be translated into lets smash putin inside Ukraine which lead to Russia activating the nuclear deterence. Honestly this was not her only hotheaded comment but she has been one of the most aggressive individuals in this whole crisis including Boris Johnson who is also Aziqbal another half-brother.. I gotta admit all 3 are hilarious.. Boris Johnson technically deep down somehow wants to fight Russia in the endgame in eastern europe in his mind his James bond

CVSDBYXWRZPXLEJDO7LLSWHF3E.jpg

Last edited:
When Putin ordered his Nuclear forces to be ready he cited two reasons one of them being sanctions. Russia is not Iran, North Korea, or Venezuela, what will happen if a person who has many enemies is brought to a point where he will have to commit suicide? how will that person commit suicide? he will take his gun and kill as many enemies as he can before he dies. The biggest mistake west has done and is doing is that they are treating Russia as an ordinary country, which Russia is not.
You are taking Russian nuclear posturing too seriously. Relax.

Russia only have 150 billions of gold. That's not even half of what they have in Central Bank. This is going to go in no time.

And you need foreign currency to balance your own currency, this has been done in EVERYCOUNTRY, China included. Of the 3 Trillion Chinese surplus, 1.4 Trillions is US Dollar. within that 1.2 are US T-Bond.
No, you don't. You only need foreign currency to back your debts in foreign currency. Don't let the common practice blind you to think that is the only practice.

That mean 54% are overseas,,,,,,,

That mean the number is around $300 billions, and once that gone, that's gone. They can't make anymore,
Yes its frozen, and cant be transacted back to Russia, as SWIFT is not working for transfers and US banks or allied banks are not allowed to tranfer back to Russian central bank of to russian banks..

True, I agree it's not a smart move, Putin should be better than this. I admit that I didn't expect Russia would really launch a full scale war.

I think they chose Ukraine to set an example to other countries who border with Russia that you buddy buddy with the West against Russia, you know what the consequences are.

Sanctions on Russia are extremely harsh, but not harsh enough to push its currency to extinction.

The worst time after WWII for Russians was most probably 90s, when there was no bread or milk available in markets and Ruble traded like 1:10000 or something.

This time around:
1) Germany and some other key EU countries are dependent upto 55% of their gas on Russia. As of today the gas supply to those countries has not stopped, in fact as we speak, it is still being pumped. And I am very sure, it is not a freebie.

2) After the initial shock has been absorbed, arrangements made with China will ensure that Russian economy does not reach the point of extinction.

3) Being the 2nd largest power in the world, does give you some sort of leverage to challenge the sanctions. Who is gonna stop Russian shipments to potential buyers in international waters as is the case with Iran, NK etc, for example?

I am no economist by any means, it is just a subjective opinion that Russian economy can absorb these sanctions. They are simply not harsh enough.
1.) EU also issue a Transaction Ban. Which mean they probably can't buy Russia gas/oil from now on (Will need to check the exemption list)

2.) This is going to be on-going, because you need to guarantee your currency every year, unless the US and EU lifted the sanction, this is going to be ongoing, Russia will not be able to buy USD/GBP/EURO/JPY this year, they will not going to buy them next year unless the sanction is lifted.

3.) That does not mean anything. IT's not like you can force the west to do business with you despite the sanction because you are number 2 largest power. This is why even people in the west find it unbelievable.

And i Can tell you that even now, their everything is crashing, people are lining up in queue on bank, stock market close, bank close. And SWIFT has been taken out means they cannot transfer and receive funding. Russia technically can use CIPS but it's 80 institution vs 11,000 in SWIFT. Go Figure....

Interesting report ... :oops:

Russia's state news agency RIA published an article early on Saturday celebrating Russia's quick victory over Ukraine. Putin is praised there for having restored the "unity of Russia" by defeating Ukraine. The article was obviously prepared in case of the expected quick victory - and then published by mistake. The article was then removed from the web again, but can still be accessed in web archives.

View attachment 819615

Sounds like total bullsh*t lol

China let Russia test the waters first, to see how the world would respond. I think they'll hold off for a bit. They like their money too much.
Why would China use its money anyway? They can trade supplies with Russian oil/gas, grains and gold. No money is involved. It is not like Russia hasn't done that before. Lenin sent lots of gold to US/UK to pay back the support from their financiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom