What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok good to know. Thank you, I was just thinking 3 targets 800m away and 3 operators, will they get confused whose target belongs to whom. You dont want to hit the same target 3 times and then the surviving target blows you to hell.

I just think motivated army that goes insurgent with 5,000 of these, and a few thousand stingers can really really hurt an occupying force. I mean this is a target rich environment. You hit a truck with a javelin you've taken out 10 or 15 troops potentially.

It just seem like Russia is in trouble if NATO keeps arming the future insurgency.

Each launcher set have their own tracking device and laser designator. what you do for multiple target is you swtich on your laser det and "paint" the target, the other guys on the other Javelin would be able to see your paint and he will go shoot something else, usually if you are in a team, you use your laser det and sound out the target before you shoot.

And I would say if the Russia are armor heavy, then yes, but if they are using soft skin vehicle, then you probably better off using IED, because they are cheaper. It does not worth to kill a truck with a $170,000 Javelin Missile, Tank or Chopper sure, anything else, you probably better off using ID.

They didn't seem to mind that much after Russia took over Crimea. Maybe they thought Crimea wasn't theirs to begin with. However, they may cede territories if they can trade them with NATO membership. I doubt NATO would let them in if they are in constant conflict with Russia.
I don't know, I am not Ukrainian. Think only them can tell you which part of their country they are willing to cede.

But if this was me, I will go all the way, Russia is not really in a position to do anything if they are raising an insurgency, and with the West backing, why not?

Speaking to Sky News on Sunday, Truss said that “if we don't stop Putin in Ukraine, we are going to see others under threat: the Baltics, Poland, Moldova, and it could end up in a conflict with NATO.

After so many Members writing here the ultimativ bullshit.

I take the right to pick up some rational lessons for my friends @Zarvan as you see it’s not the equipment which decides battfield victory but hard training, discipline and drills to handle and maintain the military equipment, the human and machine factor which I described in the Pakistani mechanise forces thread.

@jhungary I would appreciate your comments regarding Russian, surveillance and intelligence units on the battlefield. And of course if you would loose a word about the Pakistani and Indian combine warfare capability’s compared to the actual conflict, I know I am asking to
Much. But maybe.

@Desert Fox 1 hard lesson’s to
Learn for any military which have neglected logistical arm of their military. After seeing this war, the Indian combined warfare is a useless compared to the Pakistani. India will be never capable enough to strike deep inside Pakistan, conquering and holding Pakistani territory is impossible. The Pakistani Military will disassemble the Indian armour and mechanised forces into metal scrap.

On the other side, Pakistani forces have to check their capabilities regarding live surveillance and intelligence collection on the battlefield. Which is done through special surveillance troops on foot and mobile on jeeps, through Radars, through UAV, through air ESINT. But key to success are UAV and ground surveillance units. As we can see what the Russians have totally missed and neglected during the initial war starting phase, now they have lost the opportunity of the battle. What ever the Russians will try, it won’t work, best for them is to retreat or ask for ceasefire.

Last edited:
He may not wish for this to happen. But Finland is a sovereign state and will make its own decisions. If you think Russia will decide who joins NATO, I fear you will be surprised quite soon.
Im sure he thinks Russia will also invade Finland if Finland decides to join NATO 🤣

The countries that have closed their airspace to Russia so far.

France, Spain, England, Scotland, Germany, Italy, Norway, Denmark, Slovenia, Letonia, Lithuania, Estonia, Bulgaria, Romania, Greece, Sweden and Finland.

Entire EU air space snd markets now shut

Ukraine's president Zelensky signs EU membership application at a desk with indoor barricades behind him.

Attachments

• 1646065831363.png
    1646065831363.png
    226.4 KB · Views: 33
Im sure he thinks Russia will also invade Finland if Finland decides to join NATO 🤣

Whether they threaten to join NATO or not he will invade Finland down the line....

I was talking about this war on here since way back in October and making war threads for it because I knew it was gonna happen but not many people believed in or thought it was gonna happen as people just ignored it and the samething now Finland is a no brainer it will happen

I don't know, I am not Ukrainian. Think only them can tell you which part of their country they are willing to cede.

But if this was me, I will go all the way, Russia is not really in a position to do anything if they are raising an insurgency, and with the West backing, why not?
Going all the way is probably what Americans prefer, which is backed by the enormous military and economic strength. For other countries, they may not be able to afford it. For example, China was in much worse shape when it attacked Vietnam. The initial ground invasion was probably much less successful. So, China didn't go all the way. It went in, wreaked havoc and left within one month. For Putin, leaving without much to show for would be a no deal. But I doubt he could swallow the whole Ukraine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom