What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a clear differ3nce between Ukraine, and NATO.

And economic meltdown won't trigger the Russians to declare war on NATO. They'll instead look to China to save their economy. NATO has now seen what Russia is capable of, and its not impressed.

Look like others are not impressed by NATO either

They have got there and are now wondering what they are meant to do. Who are they going after and what is the objective? I think he thought the mere sight of all those tanks would have made the Ukrainians just give up like Saddam's men. It's not happening as they are resisting them even more. Now the Russians don't know what to do. They are stuck in an alley with the rear blocked. Sitting ducks now. The only hope is some agreement at the meeting.

In the NATO-Russia tension, the fall of a single nuclear warhead anywhere in the world initiates a process that leads to complete extinction. And everything happens so fast that people don't even have time to say goodbye. Unfortunately, especially the young generation's brain is like dough because of too much computer games... When they watches a 5 season post-apocalyptic Netflix series and finishes a couple survival games; they thinks can save theirself.

The deployment of mobile ICBM launchers in Moscow is in line with Vladimir Putin's strongman posturing (OPTICS if you will). He will not go too far though.

For general knowledge - American ICBMs are kept in ready-to-fire position on 24/7 basis in silos and submarines - no OPTICS in this case.

What trap? Russia's national security isn't going to be held hostage because of blond hair and blue eyes. It doesn't matter what your skin colour is, if you existentially threaten Russia you're going to be one colour: red.

Its not a mad world. Its a world inhabited by a majority of decent and brave people but inhabited by a few mad leaders and thier followers.

Turkey has control of the strait. The black sea itself is a Russian lake. Its the reason they annexed Crimea, so to not lose Sevastopol. And no you cant attack from Turkey because of caucasus mountain range. Its far more difficult. The terrain in Ukraine to Volgograd is flat.
What does it do if Black sea become Russian internal lake? That does nothing if you cannot connect Black Sea to North Sea. You may as well build yartch on it instead of warship.

And well, the same terrain argument have been used a thousand time, Sure, Ukraine to Volgograd is flat (Not that flat actually in case you have not noticed) That does not mean they cannot attack over the caucasus Mountain. It's like saying the French should not be defending the Alps because enemy will never come over there as it's harder. Or the US and Canada should not defend the Rockies because it would never be invaded. I can show you both time they were wrong tho.

Oh come on, you and I both know this is nothing more than propaganda. Why are we playing this game, when you know for a fact that this is a lie?

If you want to have a serious talk about this white war, drop the act and have a serious discussion with me.

I am not a person to believe in false propaganda. I am always ready for serious discussion and ready to be corrected if I make mistakes so go ahead and make your points.

I dont hate russians. I hate their crazy facist dictator who believed he can go full hitler and miscalculated. Its up to russians to get rid of him.

Russian babushkas lost half their hard earned savings in just few hours. Young russians are stuck in russia and can travel nowhere. Even cars are not delivered anymore.

So if you don't like Putin and if you don't like the Communists whom do you like ? The CIA prop Garry Kasparov ?

Sure, on same low level as North Korea.

Chances are higher the oligarch hyenas will pull putins plug

North Korea has done wonders despite the illegal Western sanctions. OTOH look at my disharmonious and dystopian India which is under no sanctions though it should be instead of North Korea.

Bank run in Moscow. People desperatly try to get money.

data82654840-15f57c.jpg

TELEMMGLPICT000287599231_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqNr7buqbkV04AEATLFYLNjAsIcagKWDTsYii0WZbrxoU.jpeg

_123435452_sberbank.jpg

They have got there and are now wondering what they are meant to do. Who are they going after and what is the objective? I think he thought the mere sight of all those tanks would have made the Ukrainians just give up like Saddam's men. It's not happening as they are resisting them even more. Now the Russians don't know what to do. They are stuck in an alley with the rear blocked. Sitting ducks now. The only hope is some agreement at the meeting.
actually b, Usa was killing Irsqis and bombarding Iraqi cities like rabbid dogs .... Russians still didn't use same savage tactics...

and Iraq was under sanction for a decade and has no real supporters unlike Ukraine ....

it took Usa and all of her alies more than 30 days to neutralize Saddam army in first phase of war

Tactical nukes will only isolate Russia more and elicit a NATO response if radiation travels to their countries…

Russia has nothing to loose anymore
the Russians know this talks ain't going anywhere.. Hence they will try to lay down the pipe

28 Feb, 2022 07:20
HomeRussia & FSU

Russian military offers 'safe passage' for evacuation from Kiev​

Moscow urges civilians to evacuate from the Ukrainian capital
View attachment 819482
The Russian Defense Ministry has called on Ukrainian civilians to evacuate from Kiev. They can do so by taking the highway towards Vasilkov, a city located 20km southwest of the capital, it said in a statement on Monday, claiming that “this direction is open and safe.”

The ministry added that Russia “only attacks military objects” and insisted that the civilian population will not be at risk.

The call came on Monday as the Ukrainian and Russian delegations are set to start peace talks in Belarus. President Volodymyr Zelensky said in a public address, from Kiev, that he had low expectations for the negotiations. His country does not intend to surrender, he added.

Kiev Mayor Vitali Klitschko told AP on Sunday that the city was fully encircled by Russian troops, but backtracked on the claim later.

READ MORE: Kiev’s mayor says city ‘encircled,’ then backtracks
The Ukrainian government earlier distributed firearms to civilians, released felons with military experience from prison, and called on the people to prepare firebombs to fight Russian troops.

Russia attacked Ukraine on Thursday, claiming that the country had to be demilitarized and “denazified” to protect the breakaway regions of Donetsk and Lugansk, as well as Russia.

if the talks failed today, then we should expect scorch earth policy by Russia…
They are economically devastated, and wont hold back …

Bank run in Moscow. People desperatly try to get money.

View attachment 819500

View attachment 819501
View attachment 819502

Those cried the loudest before the SWIFT ban didn't seem to understand that sanctions aren't like rockets and bullets, they usually take time to work and the most effective sanctions aren't necessarily those that cause a shock - like a complete SWIFT ban would do - but those that slowly but surely cut off the air supply of the economy, strangling it to death. There have been also reports that Russians are already having difficulty getting cash from their banks and not just forex. Trade with Russia has pretty much come to a complete halt already also. The sanctions are already working, but that doesn't mean that you can't do more. You just have to be smart about it.

Kidding aside, the Russian army's military engineering and logistics problems are alarming. Considering that this is a border operation, it is not even possible to imagine an overseas power projection of Russia (navy amphibous assets are not enough anyway).
Russia's two major purely military capability problems seem to be...

1) old equipment requiring heavy maintenance.

2) lack of logistical support.

It's very clear that what Russia lacks is not attack systems, but the logistics required to operate them effectively over long distances. The fact that Russian convoys are running out of food and fuel is a major problem that needs to be addressed on an urgent basis, which is not gonna happen due to a now severe lack of cash.

their over reliance on trains for transport of troops and goods ended up being useless in Ukraine, as the Ukrainians quickly destroyed all lines connecting the two nations very early on in the war. This explains why they ended up having to use Ukrainian roads to transport their old legacy armour, effective turning entire convoys into death traps which Ukrainians ambushed using Javelins and NLAWs, or drone struck using TB-2s.

Also, the Ukrainians are using old Soviet systems to shoot down Russian aircrafts and old Soviet artillery to destroy incoming convoys shows just how vintage Russian armour actually is, and how weak Russian air force actually is (old Ukrainian migs were literally shooting down Russia's latest and heavily upgraded fighters).

On a side note, Russia has also been unable to prevent NATO from sharing real time intelligence with the Ukrainian military about Russian advances, and Russia seems to no even be trying to prevent it. As soon as something happens, the Ukrainians seem to know about it, which also explains how so many Russian sabotage teams keep getting caught entering cities, and why Ukrainian defenses seem to be so effective at repelling Russian offensives.

I see a following development possible:

Crimea gets SEADed, and then Russia will get a lot of heavy units stuck cut off in the middle of Ukraine.

I believe they moved most of previously entrenched units from Crimea to offensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom