What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idiots think they will be blowing up farmers with drones 10000 miles away. A peer to peer war will come right to their doorstep and they will be begging for peace (remember the target demographic of CNN).

Besides, NATO and Russia destroying each other leaves China to become the next major power. I hope NATO isn't stupid enough to be blinded by its own twitter warriors' narrative and risk a nuclear apocalypse over Ukraine.
NATO is not fighting yet. Russian side has not also exhausted its military assets.
It looks more probing by Russia and less war to me.

In the NATO-Russia tension, the fall of a single nuclear warhead anywhere in the world initiates a process that leads to complete extinction. And everything happens so fast that people don't even have time to say goodbye. Unfortunately, especially the young generation's brain is like dough because of too much computer games... When they watches a 5 season post-apocalyptic Netflix series and finishes a couple survival games; they thinks can save theirself.

Russian army is parking outside Kiev. Action has not began.

If I were PA.. I would be taking notes.... Newer anti tank weapons seem pivotal in modern warfare .. considering lack if aps on Indian armored tanks ... Top attack missiles it is...
Imagine 1-2 launchers with 4 rounds at platoon level....
APS for current inventory of leading tanks including Al-Zarrars should be top priority.....
Instead of developing Al-Khalid 2 we should invest in anti tank missiles....
We can work on an urban up armor kit for Al-Khalids with Turkey in line with Altay... And purchase some Altays specifically with Urban warfare in mind....

In the open deserts of Thar, Indian snipers will pick off ATGM wielders.

It does make sense. Basically, what type of leader are you? The wishy-washy always seeking consensus type? Or the decision oriented shit-or-get-off-the-pot type? With the latter, you are going to be labeled as a 'strongman' by the side that did not get what they want. Which begs a question, though.

The world is filled with tyrants and none of them really like each other. So the question is: Is the closer you live to a tyrant, the greater the necessity that you are a tyrant in order present a strong image for your country, and if necessary, because you are a tyrant, you would be better and faster to mobilize the country to self defense? Similarly, if you are democratic country and if a tyrant's army is within 48 hrs march proximity, does it make sense to adopt an appeasement foreign affairs policy?
I don't think I was a leader, in fact, if you have my 201 file, you will probably see I am not a leader material, I have 2 strikes, I got put back to my promotion queue twice, and had I stayed in the Army, I would still be waiting my board meeting for my promotion to Major.

I am the caring type. I don't send my guys in a situation I won't go, and I don't see order as an absolute form (Now you probably understand why I have 2 strike) I listen and I act, I guess the pleaser type as we called (the one that seek consensus), is bad, because you have to understand, at the end of the day, there are no consensus, I say, you do. But on the other hand, I listen to what my Top (First Sergeant) say and I do that if I think that's right, I don't do that if I don't think so. Not sure how leadership is viewed in the Air Force, in the Army, Leadership is a balance between knowing the limit, and doing that despite your limit. As a 2LT, I have 43 men under my control, and since I cannot be 43 places at once, that mean I need to delegate that detail to my buck (Squad Sergeant) the thing is, you need to know their capability, and trust that they will do that to their best ability. Otherwise you will be micromanaging your platoon all the time and not get things done. So you need to give your men their value, and let go so they can do their job, which mean I don't want to hear them bitching about that, I tell you to do that because I know you can do it, and my word is final. That's my leadership style.

About the appeasement, I guess it is up to a point, I mean, there are no point antagonize a Bully, that's just looking for trouble. But when Bully try to come to you, you hit him, quick and hurt, let them know you are not going to type that is going to be roll over. And if I can't stand up to it, I will go look for help, appeasing a tyrant does not make it go away, it's like Ransom. You pay once, you pay forever. But then, that just me, I am pretty sure there are people who keep paying blackmailer forever.

Good to see you back, even if its only temporary. Keep up the informative posts, I enjoy reading them. Hope life is well with you, and just ignore the haters.
Thanks

you too mate :)

Last edited:
Russian Ministry of Defense:

"All faces, voices, phone numbers, their coordinates, IP addresses, as well as the correspondence of anyone involved in the abuse of our soldiers are recorded and identified. You will all be found and inevitably punished."

Look, if this statement is true, it's a case of utter desperation.

Because Jhungry talks a lot of nonsense. Ignore him. Pretending to be many things and already got heaps of details and conclusions wrong.

For example not realizing that Russia has been holding back somewhat in their first week strategy of prodding to see if they can use minimal force to try and create enough waves of surrender. That seems to not be working. They may scale back and return with heavier firepower. Russia has not sent their more modern weapons at all and the UAF is still operating. If it is not holding back all out war, then they would first take out UAF and key infrastructure everywhere would be destroyed. Russians are actually trying their brother please surrender and don't fight method first. It partially works but overall has not delivered the strategic objective so far. Although to be honest even at this force level, they are at least gaining ground until now. With more NATO amassing and more weapons being sent to Ukraine, Russians may adapt strategically.

Russia sent a few tens of thousands of troops rather than the hundreds of thousands on the borders surrounding Ukraine. I think the first low strength approach and despite higher risk and higher loss for Russia to use this method, they hoped the Ukrainians would go for peace talks ASAP and Zelensky removed or given up. This hasn't worked so now Russians are shifting their strategy. The world is watching both sides (NATO too) closely and worried about escalations.
I NEVER said what I said is completely correct. In fact, the first thing I said is that I don't know how Russia operate, I was trained by the West, I know what the West do, I studied Soviet and Russia order of battle, take it as you will.

I am not going to contest with you, you have your opinion, I will not come out to everyone and say "Hey you are wrong" I know this is a very Chinese thing to do, this is not my style. I said what I said using my experience of leading my own troop into battle. Unless every war is the same, stuff are going to be different.

Translation for non Urdu audience:

Prime Minister Imran Khan will address the nation this evening, taking the nation into confidence on the economy and global challenges after the Russia-Ukraine conflict.

Tldr: this is mainly for local consumption on file insecurity and rising cost of fuel and industrial / household utilities.

dear respected and valued members, each of you have opinions and should express them here at PDF. I have learned a lot from people on this forum.

Heated debates can be healthy and can help bring about thought change. But healthy debate should not be used as a means of personally attacking anyone based on their background, profession, personal opinion, race, colour, creed, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other factor which makes them a unique and individual person.

Each members self-esteem and human dignity must be respected whilst exercising your own personal views and opinions.

Please let’s keep this thread clear of any further personal attacks on each other, post relevant and necessary replies and fact-check things we share.

I will start giving negative ratings and reporting those who abuse individual members, or troll/detail this thread.

If you have a complaint, please use the report feature or open a thread in GHQ section where the admin of the website will address your complaint.

Finally please may I take a moment to steal myself from this rant and ask that we all take a minute to reflect on every soul lost due to conflict around the world.

Thank you.

Denmark will allow its citizens to go to Ukraine and fight against Russia. After the UK, other European countries follow the same path.

This will allow security companies (you know what I mean) to enter Ukraine in a more open and legitimized way.

On the other hand, many criminal and mentally ill profiles will go to Ukraine. They will receive unconventional warfare training and have access to weapons. If this war takes on a similar character to the Syrian civil war, its sociological consequences could shake Europe to its core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom