What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oleg Anisimov, head of the Russian delegation to the UN climate conference, apologized for the Russian military operation in Ukraine; “Let me apologize on behalf of all Russians who were unable to prevent this conflict,” he said.

Oh Putin, how did you make such a mistake? You ruined the whole plan.

Just a week ago, NATO was in shattered, now even the Russian opposition has gained great courage.

Well, you and me both, my friend.

I think the first thing is, people and country are different. A person can stay out of most thing, because you are in charge of you, On the other hand, for a leader (a free democratic leader, not a dictator) this is more or less a more complicated factor. Because there are always 2 groups of people seeing different things and whatever you do is not going to be satisfy by either one of them. And sometime, the best decision you come up with it not to make any decision at all. but then not doing them does not make them go away, it just delay the inevitable. Not sure if that make any sense to you...That is in most case why leader choose to be neutral and choose to appease.
It does make sense. Basically, what type of leader are you? The wishy-washy always seeking consensus type? Or the decision oriented shit-or-get-off-the-pot type? With the latter, you are going to be labeled as a 'strongman' by the side that did not get what they want. Which begs a question, though.

The world is filled with tyrants and none of them really like each other. So the question is: Is the closer you live to a tyrant, the greater the necessity that you are a tyrant in order present a strong image for your country, and if necessary, because you are a tyrant, you would be better and faster to mobilize the country to self defense? Similarly, if you are democratic country and if a tyrant's army is within 48 hrs march proximity, does it make sense to adopt an appeasement foreign affairs policy?

Noted.

Members are advised to stick to the discussion on hand and not subject others to personal attacks in the process. Does not matters if you are in my good books or not. Post sensibly.

With you command of english language, missing and messing up simple past, present and future tenses in short sentences and other basics of the language, probably 18 yr old with CoD installation bought on you papa's credit card.
Please learn about members who have been present in the forum for years before making loose personal comments. Your remarks are embarrassing and avoidable.

Among other things you may find useful, ask the admin what is a Military Professional, and who are designated thus. It is not a compliment, it is a designation.

Stick to the topic and avoid personal attacks, please. The mods have a tough job; let's not make it harder.

I think the Russians are gonna take everything on the Eastern of the Dniper river plus some more including Kyiv.

This is my roughly estimation based on the classical Soviet divisions of Ukraine with MaloRossiya and NovoRossiya being annexed or taken by Russia who will create two new countries out of these two territories likely governed by LPR and DPR leaders each getting his own country.. Putin is creating two Belarus out of Ukraine and leave the remanants of Ukraine on the western part in line with historical lines or somewhat close to it. I think Russia will give this new Ukrainian state access to the Black sea on the beneath close to Romania and Moldava section so that they can have their own ports.

2180428.png

1. descalation forces will have to be stationed on the Ukrainian side post war or let me put it this way post first round of fighting. Zelenskyy and co including the rebels will across over to the new Ukrainian held areas.. But a peacekeeping force is needed to be put in between the new Malorossiya and Ukraine borders. Russia doesn't trust US or UK anywhere near them hence it has to be someone Russia can trust.

2. France and Turkey can deploy each 2500 peacekeeping force along the new line and Russia could consider them both neutral in a sense and it has worked with them in the past alot.

Oleg Anisimov, head of the Russian delegation to the UN climate conference, apologized for the Russian military operation in Ukraine; “Let me apologize on behalf of all Russians who were unable to prevent this conflict,” he said.

Oh Putin, how did you make such a mistake? You ruined the whole plan.

Just a week ago, NATO was in shattered, now even the Russian opposition has gained great courage.
He isn't against the conflict according to this phrase. It simply means they didn't have any other option so they are sorry to attack.

This is another learning curve for the Russians then, the Ukrainian soil, after the Syrian war ofcourse. I was hoping to see more use of aviation assets including UCAVs. The Russians could have mastered their command/control structure by the end of their involvement in Syrian conflict but it seems a lot is left to be desired. Usa, NATO and China would be looking intently at Russian execution of this campaign. If it shows a lot of weak points, NATO will surely be exploiting them in future.
That's something I found odd too.

No doubt, anyone would think Russian Air Asset are going to be make short work on Ukrainian, would expect complete air superiority over Ukraine probably the first 24 hours. But that did not happen. I mean I don't see many sortie launch from Russia anyway, I was reading some Intelligence report saying Russia lobbed over 400 missile, but only less than 1000 sorties over 5 days. That's really not a lot.

I don't know if the Russia try to copy our playbook by starting an "Alpha Strike" and taking out all Air and Anti-Air asset, but that won't work unless you follow up with round the clock air patrol, SEAD and also targeting Radar or Early Warning Infrastructure. Which is something the Russian did not do.

This seems to bug me the most, I mean it does not hurt anything to launch those aircraft, and with the sheer size of the Russian Air Force, they are more than a match to make Ukraine a "You Fly, You Die" scenario.

How does that make it any worse? That's the loss of several hundred million dollars, which would come in handy during sanctions.

True

But some has noted absence of t 90s and other higher end stuff and relying on t 72s and bmp which are pretty much obsolete and due to retire anyways

Oh good, another grammar nazi.

First of all, English is NOT my first language, Spanish is. A mi papa es espanol y mi mama eres en China. Who said you have to speak English to be in the US Army? You do know there is a place called "Puerto Rico" in the US (Off Cuba and Florida) where nobody speak English, all Spanish, okay?

Second of all, my previous avatar is my CIC card, so well,

No me ninguna de lingua, lo siento.

Dude, judge a person's post by what they say, not how they say it, okay?
Good to see you back, even if its only temporary. Keep up the informative posts, I enjoy reading them. Hope life is well with you, and just ignore the haters.

Because Jhungry talks a lot of nonsense. Ignore him. Pretending to be many things and already got heaps of details and conclusions wrong.

For example not realizing that Russia has been holding back somewhat in their first week strategy of prodding to see if they can use minimal force to try and create enough waves of surrender. That seems to not be working. They may scale back and return with heavier firepower. Russia has not sent their more modern weapons at all and the UAF is still operating. If it is not holding back all out war, then they would first take out UAF and key infrastructure everywhere would be destroyed. Russians are actually trying their brother please surrender and don't fight method first. It partially works but overall has not delivered the strategic objective so far. Although to be honest even at this force level, they are at least gaining ground until now. With more NATO amassing and more weapons being sent to Ukraine, Russians may adapt strategically.

Russia sent a few tens of thousands of troops rather than the hundreds of thousands on the borders surrounding Ukraine. I think the first low strength approach and despite higher risk and higher loss for Russia to use this method, they hoped the Ukrainians would go for peace talks ASAP and Zelensky removed or given up. This hasn't worked so now Russians are shifting their strategy. The world is watching both sides (NATO too) closely and worried about escalations.
A fair assessment.

However, I object to people jumping to conclusions about another member's past life-history and actual knowledge and experience; it is sufficient to dismiss his conclusions and opinions, without going into personal matters - and, of course, without being wrong after being intrusive.

This is with reference to a very rude post that someone else wrote, and I hope you will read me in that context.

Manipulation and disinformation, which are war tactics, are at an extreme. Psychological superiority is just as important as military superiority. But one thing is clear: Turkey has wanted to be drawn into the war since day one by some other actors.

Russia's mistake reaches a level that will force Turkey strategically as well.

Russia should not be defeated. But the traditional Russian policy is based on constantly increasing hands. That's why it was nicknamed the bear. I do not know how it's going to be. But the nuclear threat is just a show of desperation.

We tried to warn Putin, that's why we invited him to Istanbul, but we could not convince him against this trap.

Last edited:
It has been reported that Russian citizens in Europe will be evacuated via Turkey.
And this is a dangerous precedent. Already we can see a rise in xenophobia against Russians.

People will target Russians and in Europe and further a field anyone with a Slavic name or accent will become the target of hostility.

Idiots think they will be blowing up farmers with drones 10000 miles away. A peer to peer war will come right to their doorstep and they will be begging for peace (remember the target demographic of CNN).

Besides, NATO and Russia destroying each other leaves China to become the next major power. I hope NATO isn't stupid enough to be blinded by its own twitter warriors' narrative and risk a nuclear apocalypse over Ukraine.

Idiots think they will be blowing up farmers with drones 10000 miles away. A peer to peer war will come right to their doorstep and they will be begging for peace (remember the target demographic of CNN).

Besides, NATO and Russia destroying each other leaves China to become the next major power. I hope NATO isn't stupid enough to be blinded by its own twitter warriors' narrative and risk a nuclear apocalypse over Ukraine.
NATO is not fighting yet. Russian side has not also exhausted its military assets.
It looks more probing by Russia and less war to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom