What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
FMqt9A0XMAEnje_.jpg

Latest Development.

Anyone Know update current status of kiev after arty fire, without any proper source though.

The Soviet doctrine originally was that the airforce would clear out the major bottlenecks. After that Arty with the first wave would destroy the regions with major oppositons and finally the tanks would steam roll the area just as to cover space towards the next objectives while the second and third wave would look after the pockets left. But here the absence of Airforce is the foremost reason why russians are unable to implement what they've trained to do. Also arty is not being used to prevent collateral damage. That's why instead of being used just to cover space, russian forces are forced to fight numerous set piece battles of attrition.
Also Ukrainian operational planners musr he given credit since they've chosen defensive positions well, kostl those with some sort of natural defensive line and luring them in fighting somewhat non-conventional battles.
Im not sure if your assessment is correct. Russian artillery is being used and there is collateral damage as shown by media. Airforce has been used also in bombing runs. Russians have made a fast advance considering they attacked from 5 sides including amphibious landing ( if I read correctly ), so the bottle necks were cleared.

If the combined arms strategy along with drone attacks are implemented, it could prove quite effective, keeping Russian losses to minimum. Ukraine says it has killed 1000’s of Russian soldiers, if that’s true, it could mean that infantry formations suffered heavy casualties.

Thread is reopened for discussion.

STAY ON TOPIC - all of you.
Sure thing boss 😎

Last edited:
For a professional force like Russia, you don't expect stuff that won't happen and goes with it. For starter, How do Russia sure there are no Ukrainian asset in the Area? Would you care to explain to me? I run intelligence with the US Army for 3 years, I never be so certain that there are no enemy asset in any area I operate, remember Robert Ridges? AC-130 with IR also called ahead and say there were no Taliban, do you know what happened in the end? So, how can you be sure at any point there are no enemy that can touch it? You do know camouflaging a position is a thing, right?

As I said, the area is NOT secured, Russia does not have Air Superiority nor Ground control, which mean doing stuff like this is taking a risk that not going to fly, yet they did it anyway, you don't "Assume" you're not going to get hit if you are a competent force, you don't assume there are no enemy asset in the area as situation is dynamic, and as a Army Intelligence Officer, I can tell you, unless Russia have some sort of "God Eye" system, you can't sweep the area with drone and say "Hey there are nothing there"
If you have to mention every second post how you served in/with US Army, that too in some places investigating Homicide, sometimes running intelligence ops, you seems to be trying too hard.
With you command of english language, missing and messing up simple past, present and future tenses in short sentences and other basics of the language, probably 18 yr old with CoD installation bought on you papa's credit card.

Im not sure if your assessment is correct. Russian artillery is bring used and there is collateral damage as shown by media. Airforce has been used also in bombing runs. Russians have made a fast advance considering they attacked from 5 sides including amphibious landing ( if I read correctly ), so the bottle necks were cleared.

If the combined arms strategy along with drone attacks are implemented, it could prove quite effective, keeping Russian losses to minimum. Ukraine says it has killer 1000’s of Russian soldiers, if that’s true, it could mean that infantry formations suffered heavy casualties.

Sure thing boss 😎
The Soviet Doctrine is like how ancient Greek uses Calvary , you mass the entire column side by side and then you roll off after preparatory fire from Artillery, When you roll over your objective, Soviet doctrine require the numeric superiority to overwhelm their enemy number and then swarm the area in the area and armor onto the next target. This is what the Soviet do during Kursk

This war tho, the Russia is using a somewhat American playbook, which is more German Blitz, which is a purposeful spearhead launch for a specific objective, and then using that sphere and screen them with Fast Air and Artillery until they reach the area. Then launch an attack using a combine arms tactics, combining Armor, Troop and Air Support

The key for this strategy, as shown in battle of 73 Easting, is that you have to have mechanise infantry to travel with your armour column, then dismount them when they reach their objective and work alongside with Armor and Air Asset to take the objective.

This strategy depends on 24/7 CAS and Gunship support, accurate artillery and a clear defined target , you take the arae quadrant by quadrant, phase line by phase line. As far as I can see, the synergy between the Armor and Infantry does not exist nor the synergy between Air Support and Ground control does not exist. Which mean Column of armor are in one place and the infantry is in another, leaving both exposed. And Air Support did not come in time to save either one. That is the current problem the Russian have. The Command and Control element is not there. Unit are basically fighting on their own...

Russian ground forces are not attacking Kiev in earnest.

If you have to mention every second post how you served in/with US Army, that too in some places investigating Homicide, sometimes running intelligence ops, you seems to be trying too hard.
With you command of english language, missing and messing up simple past, present and future tenses in short sentences and other basics of the language, probably 18 yr old with CoD installation bought on you papa's credit card.

Oh good, another grammar nazi.

First of all, English is NOT my first language, Spanish is. A mi papa es espanol y mi mama eres en China. Who said you have to speak English to be in the US Army? You do know there is a place called "Puerto Rico" in the US (Off Cuba and Florida) where nobody speak English, all Spanish, okay?

Second of all, my previous avatar is my CIC card, so well,

No me ninguna de lingua, lo siento.

Dude, judge a person's post by what they say, not how they say it, okay?

Last edited:

Ok so they are back on there usual practice, arty and arty

It has been reported that Russian citizens in Europe will be evacuated via Turkey.

This strategy depends on 24/7 CAS and Gunship support, accurate artillery and a clear defined target , you take the arae quadrant by quadrant, phase line by phase line. As far as I can see, the synergy between the Armor and Infantry does not exist nor the synergy between Air Support and Ground control does not exist. Which mean Column of armor are in one place and the infantry is in another, leaving both exposed. And Air Support did not come in time to save either one. That is the current problem the Russian have. The Command and Control element is not there. Unit are basically fighting on their own...
This is another learning curve for the Russians then, the Ukrainian soil, after the Syrian war ofcourse. I was hoping to see more use of aviation assets including UCAVs. The Russians could have mastered their command/control structure by the end of their involvement in Syrian conflict but it seems a lot is left to be desired. Usa, NATO and China would be looking intently at Russian execution of this campaign. If it shows a lot of weak points, NATO will surely be exploiting them in future.

Ok so they are back on there usual practice, arty and arty
Waiting for Ukrainians to oust their president and take control from him to handover to Russians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom