What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Russian advance to the north aims to encircle the capital, Kiev. I don't think the Russians fear the Ukrainian army or the Ukrainian air control, because they destroyed a large part of it.

As for the south, the Russian advance is protected in the south by the sea..
And there is only a threat to the supply lines from the north..

1645994738739.png

The same Russia which is getting roasted in Armored Vehicles in Ukraine roasted them... warriors :enjoy:

according to the BBC?? Ukrainian propaganda is laughable.

the russians have taken 20-30% of the country, and are inside the capital in 3 days. A massive coutnry, 40_ million population that has been getting unlimited NATO support for 8 years, and planning for such a scenario for 8.

I love how western propaganda has turned this ukrainian pummeling into some kind of heroic defense...

If this progress is slow. especially given Russia hasnt even thrown 10% of their forces in, and are fighitng with kiddy gloves on to avoid giving propaqanda civilian deads the west so badly wants...

If Russias progress is slow, i wonder what is fasT>?

The american method of chasing their tails for 20 years and still barely holding the major cities? is that "fast" ?

I don't think so.

I think main demand is drop NATO membership

Not just that but recognition of the 2 Donbas states, and territories in SE Ukraine connecting these states with Crimea. Probably other demands too.

I would have expected the Russians to patrol the border areas with aircraft to prevent Ukrainian weapons supplies from entering and use Drones to decimate the air defense , armor and artillery units in central Ukraine with drones, before sending the tanks. This would have delayed the outcome but at a much lower cost. This Blitzkrieg operation has been quick to get the Russians into a quagmire with Russian losses growing daily. Only choice left for the Russians is flatten all the Ukrainian gov structures so there is no semblance of Ukrainian gov left.

As for NATO it seems they are going for the Afghan model where they will be using fully trained regular troops from bordering countries and dress them up as freedom fighters to inflict a painful guerilla war on the Russians. NATO needs to be careful as an involvement beyond a certain threshold may cause Russia to attack direct frontline states.

Involving Nato troops would be throwing petrol into a fire.

Russian media already accidentally posted an article proclaiming victory and deleted it. Read the translation through Google translate. Pretty hilarious given ground realities. Goes to show they expected everything to be over by the end of the weekend.

Who cares? Those kinds of things are trivial.

@LeGenD
Quoting myself: This is what I believe for the long term. And I also think Pakistan's interests are slightly better served by a victorious Russia in this conflict although a Russian loss won't be too much loss for Pakistan. Pakistanis may stay totally neutral in this conflict. But Pakistan's strongest ally China has a stake in Russia's strength, at least for short term. Above all, I believe Russia is provoked into this. This is not all of a sudden. Russia didn't do much when the Baltic and other Warsaw Pact countries joined NATO. But for last many years, Ukrainian have been used, armed to provoke Russia and that has led to the current war.
BTW, 'Liking' someone's comment is not that same as agreeing with them. I have done that all the time in this forum and even in this very thread for a few posts which were contrary to my position. If something enhances my understanding of issues then that's to be 'Liked'.
Pakistan and MENA region as a whole is best served by neutrality. We should focus on development and growth....for that we need peace. We gain from trade with all the big powers. If Russia can provide low cost oil and gas to us through the CIPS payment system then we should consider it.

The same is reported by Indian students at Poland border. Seems they want to hold foreign nationals as hostages. This is the free and democratic country NATO claims to be protecting lol. Hope Russia bombs them to smithereens.

Do you have any links please, any Indian media? That is beyond evil.

I would have expected the Russians to patrol the border areas with aircraft to prevent Ukrainian weapons supplies from entering and use Drones to decimate the air defense , armor and artillery units in central Ukraine with drones, before sending the tanks. This would have delayed the outcome but at a much lower cost. This Blitzkrieg operation has been quick to get the Russians into a quagmire with Russian losses growing daily. Only choice left for the Russians is flatten all the Ukrainian gov structures so there is no semblance of Ukrainian gov left.

As for NATO it seems they are going for the Afghan model where they will be using fully trained regular troops from bordering countries and dress them up as freedom fighters to inflict a painful guerilla war on the Russians. NATO needs to be careful as an involvement beyond a certain threshold may cause Russia to attack direct frontline states.
Russia has not opened a front in the west of Ukraine in cities like Lviv. NATO can and will continue to use its access to western regions of Ukraine for reinforcements. This could be due to several factors, including lack of logistics to that part of Ukraine, fear of unintended clashes with neighboring countries or an unofficial agreement with NATO about not invading areas of Ukraine that border NATO members.

I don't think the Afghan model would work in Ukraine. I have talked about it in detail before.

Last edited:
Not just that but recognition of the 2 Donbas states, and territories in SE Ukraine connecting these states with Crimea. Probably other demands too.
Not sure. If the Ukraine dropped Nato membership, and recognised the rights of the Russian minority there would be no need for the independent republics.

In the end, US and NATO are going to support India against us no matter what we do for them. It's you who needs to wake up and smell the coffee

Yes.
How come ANY Pakistani not seen over the last 2 decades what happened in Afghanistan and its fallout on Pakistan??? Pakistan was and still is asked to abandon China and let India's primacy in the region. That's not some conspiracy theory; Pakistan's own Prime Minister has said that. Pakistan wants to be neutral but without hurting Chinese interests. Those are the 'red lines' Pakistan has drawn recently and conveyed to the Americans. Not asking for much. And Russia, being a Chinese ally, is better to be a victor as far as Pakistan's interests are concerned. This is not about living in some past grievances, whether the Russian help to India in 1971 or America's killing of Pakistani soldiers in the Salala attack, which I believe was a callous mistake but not intentional.
The geopolitical situation around Pakistan is changing very rapidly. PDF is screaming about that and its all there for the world to see.

Do the Indian students have travel documents to Poland? It's up to the Indian government to secure visas and entry permits. Poland is open to Ukrainians, not Indians and Africans. Besides, their allies of Russia, tell them to walk up to the Russians surrounding Ukraine and they will be given a VIP exit through Belarus and moscow
Regardless of what your views these are stupid kids. Students. Just trying to get home. This is about racism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom