What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
@LeGenD
Quoting myself: This is what I believe for the long term. And I also think Pakistan's interests are slightly better served by a victorious Russia in this conflict although a Russian loss won't be too much loss for Pakistan. Pakistanis may stay totally neutral in this conflict. But Pakistan's strongest ally China has a stake in Russia's strength, at least for short term. Above all, I believe Russia is provoked into this. This is not all of a sudden. Russia didn't do much when the Baltic and other Warsaw Pact countries joined NATO. But for last many years, Ukrainian have been used, armed to provoke Russia and that has led to the current war.
BTW, 'Liking' someone's comment is not that same as agreeing with them. I have done that all the time in this forum and even in this very thread for a few posts which were contrary to my position. If something enhances my understanding of issues then that's to be 'Liked'.
Ukraine is a lot closer to Russian industrial heartland. I think they felt that this was the point of no return. If Ukraine became NATO, Russia would have no guarantee of security.

Using Chechen troops was a brilliant move by putin.

Not only for the phsycological aspect, as the chechens are absolute warrior peoples known the world over. And it is scaring the kiev junta so much that it needs to put out specific propaganda to try and dissuade them.

Also, The Chechens are the only muslim soldiers in the theatre now. This potentially prevents Euope from using naive muslims against Russia. And we all know muslims make the best guerrila fighters simply because of faith.

The Europeans are flooding ukraine with weapons, and encouraging everyone and their grandma to go fight as private citizens. If the europeans could have created some sort of tartar genocide jihadi propaganda, Russians could have been in serious trouble.
The same Russia which is getting roasted in Armored Vehicles in Ukraine roasted them... warriors :enjoy:

Al Jazeera News Presenter just embarrassed himself again by saying and I quote "Look at these images, these are middle class European people and not obvious middle eastern refugees, these are people you would live next to and now they are on the borders on the trains".

What he wanted to say was "these are white people, not the filthy brown people from far away brown lands that we have bombed to shit".

Al Jazeera and CBS Live how now apologized for the language used on live reporting, more here:

What is the legal status of these mercenaries? Russia is well within its rights to give no quarter to these terrorists, and execute them on the spot according to the rules of war...

Russians see Nazis genociding Russian speakers as a repeat of WW2. Europes solutions? Send every nazi and right wing trash they can find, to go fight in Russian lands.. in the name of "defending an invasion"

Russia has alot more right to those lands, then joe random From ireland. Who is too stupid to not liberate northern ireland before [playing soldier somewhere else.

@LeGenD
Quoting myself: This is what I believe for the long term. And I also think Pakistan's interests are slightly better served by a victorious Russia in this conflict although a Russian loss won't be too much loss for Pakistan. Pakistanis may stay totally neutral in this conflict. But Pakistan's strongest ally China has a stake in Russia's strength, at least for short term. Above all, I believe Russia is provoked into this. This is not all of a sudden. Russia didn't do much when the Baltic and other Warsaw Pact countries joined NATO. But for last many years, Ukrainian have been used, armed to provoke Russia and that has led to the current war.
BTW, 'Liking' someone's comment is not that same as agreeing with them. I have done that all the time in this forum and even in this very thread for a few posts which were contrary to my position. If something enhances my understanding of issues then that's to be 'Liked'.
Suffice to say, there's no way that the outcome of this war can affect Muslim countries in a negative way. No matter who wins, it will be good for us.

Do the Indian students have travel documents to Poland? It's up to the Indian government to secure visas and entry permits. Poland is open to Ukrainians, not Indians and Africans. Besides, their allies of Russia, tell them to walk up to the Russians surrounding Ukraine and they will be given a VIP exit through Belarus and moscow
Do the Ukrainians?

I trust the Polish border guard won't push them into the forests of Belarus like they did the other war refugees. :o:

Really you are trying to score political brownie points over indian students in distress even life threatening situation. Can't believe hatred for one makes people like you stoop so low. Low lives pathetic like you push neutral and people on fence into voting for BJP, previously I was uncertain about my vote preference in 2024 however now I am absolutely certain whom to vote, thanks for making my mind clear about that. And also dont bother replying to this, you are blocked.

Currently students from many countries are trapped in Ukraine including Pakistani students and they are facing bad behavior from host county.

Not even a week and nearly all major Ukrainian cities about to fall to Russia's 1/3 invasion force.

"Kyiv surrounded, says mayor: fighting on fourth day of Russian invasion"​

Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 3.43.10 PM.png

I guess the Russian Air Force will be used more extensively when they have suppressed Ukraine's air defense.
This is just the 4th day of the war. A lot can happen in the coming days.

Ukraine is almost 40% larger than Iraq and unlike Iraq, it is supported by all Western countries and their allies. It took the US coalition forces 3 weeks to conquer Baghdad. I can ensure you that if Ukraine does not negotiate with Russia and give in to most of Putin's demands, this war will be won by the Russians in less than a month. Heck, they are on the verge of invading Kiev as we speak and the city may fall in 48 hours or so.
I would have expected the Russians to patrol the border areas with aircraft to prevent Ukrainian weapons supplies from entering and use Drones to decimate the air defense , armor and artillery units in central Ukraine with drones, before sending the tanks. This would have delayed the outcome but at a much lower cost. This Blitzkrieg operation has been quick to get the Russians into a quagmire with Russian losses growing daily. Only choice left for the Russians is flatten all the Ukrainian gov structures so there is no semblance of Ukrainian gov left.

As for NATO it seems they are going for the Afghan model where they will be using fully trained regular troops from bordering countries and dress them up as freedom fighters to inflict a painful guerilla war on the Russians. NATO needs to be careful as an involvement beyond a certain threshold may cause Russia to attack direct frontline states.

Could be true. If the situation on the ground is anything to go by Comrade Putin will need someone as the fall guy to protect his image.
Perhaps General Gerasimov got sucked out of a window on his way back from a meeting. Funny thing those windows, you walk past them and you just get sucked out.

George Galloway. Always good, always the opposite of the state sponsored narrative.

Oh thank you for sharing this, I like this man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom