What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should now blow up the runway to stop the Russians from re-attempting to occupy it - it would form an airbridge to bring in reinforcements - Ukraine has no military need for it as its airforce not effective anymore and there is no value putting soldiers there to defend it ?
I think they are already doing that.

This, 100% this, I cringe every time I hear News Presenters at pains to diplomatically refer to Kyiv as a modern city and how it traumatizing it would be to see bombing and large scale combat without devastating damage. This of course is a thinly veiled dig at the "uncivilized" and backwards cities that were okay to be bombed to shit.

Justice being served in a sense. Western arrogance is being shredded.

@RescueRanger one question for you as you seem to be a sensible poster. Ukraine was once a part of USSR so all the think tanks sitting in Ukraine must be knowing about the way USSR act or react from strategic point of view plus they have learnt from West as well. Did Putin miscalculated the strength of Ukraine ?The comedian turn President made a mockery of Putin by boosting morale of Ukrainian people. It is the Ukrainian people fighting now side by side their army.

1645907266051.png

Justice being served in a sense. Western arrogance is being shredded.

Lol where ? It is Russia crying entering into the fourth day of war. Fighting on outskirts and not able to gain much being second to USA.

That is not what I am worried about, If Russia feels it's endgame target is SNAFU it will go for alternative options and that is what is concerning. Non Lethal worst case scenario = Annexation of Donetsk and Luhansk with access to the black sea:
View attachment 819031

The lethal option is not even worth thinking about.

IMO

Russia focus militarily is
1) Enlarge newly recognised independent republics. ( Which is going well)
2) Intimidate Kiev into accepting neutrality ( which will most likely happen), now that US has also accepted that if Kiev agrees it has no problem with. ( probably miscalculated the extreme Russia will go? when they set the events in motion).
3) Demikitarize Ukraine ( which is almost 75% done in terms of major defense infrastructure and big equipment)

If you look closely Russian demands, its objectives are very clear.

Estimated 150k-200k forces at the border only 1/3 ( 60k) of which engaged in the initial assault, now after initial refusal by Kiev to talks increased to 50% today ( 90k). Step by step increasing pressure.

Mostly using old equipment ( probably meant for storage or scrapping in next 5 years) and probably majority are reserves not even frontline units supported by various groups with units of SF in between. ( Somewhat resemblance to how we did operations against terrorists and cleared the areas).

Russia has almost a million army with 2m in reserve.

Its upto zelenski how quick he wants to end it. US/UK are the ones who want a prolonged conflict.

( I am no expert just my opinion).

A Ukrainian crybaby detected.

That’s my point, APC and IFV are armors created designed around infantry which in turns could support infantry better in urban warfare setting as battle taxis or extra fire power against enemy fortified positions. Tanks on the other hands, cannot provide much protection for infantry in dense urban setting, cannot be an effective extra fire power as well due to limited gun elevation and depression, too cumbersome to move with infantry… but I guess tanks are better than no armor at all. In the case of Russia, I dont think they are short on IFV and APC.
Yes. And like all armoured formations, they are short of infantry.

Not good for @Daniel808 and other Chinese fanboys.

You know what Western sources were claiming not so long ago during the Taliban march towards Kabul? ANA had the upperhand and the druggy addicts in Pantsjir valley were ready to defeat the Taliban. We all know that Western claims were lies. You will hear a lot of lies during this conflict from the Western media.

All fanbois here out with their poms poms wouldn't even come to fight from their comfortable western homes even if it was their own county's *** on the line and they're mocking another nation defending itself from invaders...

Fanbois 🙄

This whole thing looks like a replay of Taliban victory in Afghanistan.

So much Taliban this and that, ANA winning, taking back city.. you know. All the same fuzz. What happened in the end. Taliban just steamrolled every province and took Kabul with almost no casulties.

Russian AF has to be deploying flares? Is it just too many manpads being fired in consecutive order?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom