What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
1655176716109.png

The Stockholm Peace Research Institute predicts the growth of global nuclear arsenals in the next decade, as countries that possess this type of weapon continue to modernize their arsenals.

In the SIPRI Annual Book 2022, which assesses the current state of armaments, disarmament and international security, the institute explained that “the signs of declining nuclear arsenals in the post-Cold War period are disappearing among the nine nuclear-armed states (Russia, the United States, the United Kingdom, France, China, India, Pakistan, Israel and North Korea) continue to modernize their nuclear arsenals even though the total number of weapons decreased slightly between January 2021 and January 2022, and this number is likely to rise in the next decade.”

He added that "out of the total inventory estimated at 12,705 warheads at the beginning of 2022, there were about 9,440 in military stocks intended for potential use."

"Among these warheads, an estimated 3,732 warheads have been deployed by missiles and aircraft, and about 2,000 of them, most of them owned by Russia or the United States, have been placed on high operational alert," he added.

He noted that "although the total stocks of Russian and American warheads continued to decline in 2021, this was due to the dismantling of warheads that were retired from military service several years ago."

Putin did not push up oil/gas prices, EU/US sanctions did. The rest of the world can buy oil at whatever price they can get since now we have two tier markets. It's like shopping at whole foods, or Walmart. Same products, but different prices.
You must live in parallel universe. The western sanctions just be a part of price hikes. Ukraine can’t export grain because Russia navy blockades the transports. Russia itself stops exports grain, fertilizer. I am shocked to see why many posters here themselves from poorer countries support Putin when he plays the hunger game.

You think I made joke?
Most of soldiers Putin sends to war come from poor, underprivileged families. Many come from the eastern part of Russia, from religious ethnic minorities. That is what was found out under the dead soldiers.

Yeahh sure. Some western media outlet even said Russia kidnapped Chechens to go to war in Ukraine. Off course this is true. Just like Dana White kidnapped Khamzat to Smash people in UFC and got paid for that. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Unless, US doesn't want Afghanistan to go to Harvard or Oxford, hell no. US might want to use Afghan as their staging point to attack countries around it or may be want to suck it's natural resources dry or they want afghan to be their minion in democracy, I don't know for sure. But whatever it is, it is not and never about Afghan going to Oxford or Harvard.
Well, tell me what Afghanistan can be used for then, and if so, as I said at the end, if we were to use it as a springboard to attack someone, would it be better off if we just annex the thing, I mean we have taken complete control of the country. There aren't really anyone or anything to stop us from stationing troop in Afghanistan permanently and start calling Afghan "American"

As for natural resource, again, we have 20 years in that place literally controlling anything and everything. So tell me why of the 5 big mine in Afghan, 4 belong to China and 1 belong to India??

And finally, it's not about Afghan going to Harvard or Oxford. It's about letting Afghan be what they want to be.

Yeahh sure. Some western media outlet even said Russia kidnapped Chechens to go to war in Ukraine. Off course this is true. Just like Dana White kidnapped Khamzat to Smash people in UFC and got paid for that. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
That’s not however the world sees it the Russians go to war, especially the chechens, the neonazi Wagner fanatics because
- it makes fun.
- looting
- raping
- killing
- destroying
- have nothing else to do with their life

The US invaded Afghanistan over 18 years ago. It is one of the longest wars in modern history.

It has FAILED. That is why the US iwithdrawing troops.

If anyone looks on a map, Afghanistan is VERY far away. Too far for the US to project force adequately.

Time was for the US to take its bat and ball and go home, with its tail between its legs
Well, again, US has been there for 20 years, there are no problem to stay for another 20 or 40. It's not about Project power, the invasion alone is for that, name me one country who can rage a full blown war (actually, not one, but 2) that far away from home and can support that effort for that long. On the other hand, if Geographic is a problem, then explain to me how US can hold on to territories in West Pacific (Guam, CNMI) and South Pacific (American Samoa) even Hawaii itself is not feasible because of the distant.

In short, US got bored and go home, I mean you have to expect it to end one day anyway, as I said, we are not planning on Annexing the place and put it like US territories like Guam or Samoa, which mean whatever and whenever we leave, it will up to the Afghan own device.

And before you say "Taliban is not defeated so US failed' who said Taliban was to be defeated?? You do know they have publicity office in Qatar and US had not listed Taliban as a terrorist organisation. The US needed Taliban in place to deter Russia and China from Swooping in, as I said, we are going to leave sometime, so sure, let them leave with Ghani regime, which you know and I know is extremely corrupted and will probably be smack in the face with cash from the Chinese and Russia once US is gone, and on top of that, let's take care of Taliban for them when they took over, right??

NATO ask Zelensky to negotiate since long time yes. But never they ask him to cede some territories before. So why now? To me you seems to be a professional military professional and I know you don't believe that Russia is loosing 1000 of soldiers each day in this conflict. In fact anybody with little common sense won't buy it.
Are you for real? On day 1 of this conflict, NATO cable Zelenskyy to cede Donbas to Russia in order to avoid a full blown war because NATO didn't see anyway Ukrainian can fight this off, then when Mariupol is surrounded NATO talking about letting Russia have Mariupol and the Land Corridor. Now, 110 days has pass, we are still talking about this war.

In fact, Biden allegedly said that even before the war begin

Problem is not whether I believe 1000 soldier has been killed, what I see is Russia have a high turn over issue, otherwise they will not raise the age to serve now to 50 and will not try to raise Battalion out of nothing. Unless you can tell me why these measure is in place that's logical, that point to the Russia have force generation problem. Which usually mean they are upping the tempo or have had a lot of casualty they need to replace. If this is the first one, we would see an expanding of battlefield and more equipment roll into the war, and we don't see either of them.

I don't know how many soldier Russian killed in this war, I can take an educated guess from Open Source resource to have a ball park figure, but I wouldn't say the war is going smoothly toward the Russian, judging from the stuff that they do and reading it between the line.

Last edited:
You must live in parallel universe. The western sanctions just be a part of price hikes. Ukraine can’t export grain because Russia navy blockades the transports. Russia itself stops exports grain, fertilizer. I am shocked to see why many posters here themselves from poorer countries support Putin when he plays the hunger game.
with what will poor countries pay ? most of them hold reserves in usd which is now very difficult to play russia with.

Sure, sure Mr Mexican, Chinese, Vietnamese, Porto Rican American Australian married to a Scandinavian woman.
I am sure you have first cousins and in-laws from all the races present on this planet.
If the Aliens ever landed, you probably will be the best Earth ambassador since you are all races in one.

Quite an accomplishment that is even before we get to all the jobs you have been doing in all corners of this small planet.
laugh-slam.gif

:pleasantry:

But right now he is where the sun and moon not shine:yay:

And fending off the cockroaches trying to crawl into his nostrils and ears and mouth and other orifices
after they feasted on used toilet tissues and discarded condoms.

:enjoy:

:omghaha:

West is winning this war on Twitter, Russia is advancing on the ground.

We will have a new chapter in the world history, the fact that Russia abandoned Libya to be destroyed by western colonialists still hurts but late is better than never.

This new chapter can begin with destruction of Israel, eastern powers can revive their past glories again. West the necessary evil is causing eastern civilizations continue to grow and thrive with mutual respect/understanding.

Ukraine-Russia conflict will end one day but its consequences will remain forever.

Look at this troll man. Ukraine obliterating the Russians for US? 😂😂😂

What war are you watching? Your country could not even beat Afghan farmers armed with AK-47. Lol.. Talk about being incompetent.

I admire your patience.
Long long long ago, he placed into where sun and moon not shine and cockroaches roamed the used toilet papers and discarded condoms.

I think I rather go enjoy my coffee and smell roses then to see the rot only he could have dug up.
Probably with cockroaches crawling all about and in it and on it.

That I will not do .

As said, I go enjoy my coffee and roses
:D

:omghaha:

giphy.gif

and smell roses
red-rose-rose.gif

Commodity price is based on supply and demand, which you admit its a part of price hikes. So how am I living in a parallel universe? Sanctions has unintended consequences, and US is quietly lifting some sanctions.

The United States has been there for 20 years.

That’s longer than the Civil War, World War II and the Korean War combined.

If it can’t be finished in 20 years, it was probably not a good idea in the first place.

However you are welcome to go over and do your part, no one is stopping you.

forever wars, such as Afghanistan and Iraq, are the kind of thing that destroy a country‘s treasury and doom empires.

Afghanistan was a bad idea 20 years ago, and it’s a bad idea now.

Occupying countries is never a great idea. Hopefully someday America will learn this.

The US chose to leave on its own accord, and having already achieved its main objective of destroying Al Qaeda.

The Taliban won, because the Afghan people refuse to fight for their country. Its that simple. The US won't hold their hands forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom