What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re not really asking, are you? I assume you know the answer, and this is a rhetorical question.

First, I’m not going to give you the full cultural lesson on Afghanistan, I’m going to answer your question.

Everyone loses in Afghanistan. Everyone lost in Vietnam, too. “Win” is a term bandied
About Afghanistan.

Think of it this way, you have a very rich uncle. Your life long dream is to graduate from Harvard (Or Oxford or what have you) and your uncle say I will pay for you tuition, I will pay for your private Tutor, I will pay you during your study and I will even study with you.

Now, if you can't get into Harvard because you use the money your uncle gave you to buy a Ferrari and instead of studying, you go partying. Even tho your uncle knows about this but he didn't stop you, so is it exactly your uncle fault you can't get into Harvard??

There are no "Win" in Afghanistan, we could have stay there for another 20 or 40 years, it wouldn't change the fact that their heart is not in the right place, most Afghan don't want war, and they don't care who is in charge, and the government is corrupted to the core. Actually, it would probably be a lot better to do a Russia in Ukraine and start annexing Afghanistan and gave them all US passport....But why would we do that??

Russia's permanent representative to the United Nations, Vasily Nebenzia, said that Moscow will soon complete the "liberation" of the Donetsk and Lugansk republics.

In an interview with the BBC, Vasily Nebenzia said: "Given the time when you will witness the liberation of all Donetsk and Lugansk states, which we hope will happen soon. You asked me what the plan is. The initial plan, the objectives of the operation which we publicly announced were the neutrality of Ukraine, its disarmament and the de-Nazification of the country. The liberation of Donbass was the main goal that is being implemented at the moment.”

The Russian diplomat added: “They continue to bomb Nikolaev, Kramatorsk, Slaviansk and Odessa. They bombed their residential areas. There is evidence and testimonies from prisoners of war.”

Nebenzia claimed that the Ukrainian armed forces deployed their troops and heavy artillery in residential areas and social facilities, thus prolonging the duration of the Russian special military operation.

Kyiv recently acquired several artillery pieces from its Western allies such as the United States and Norway.

Ukraine's Defense Ministry recently said that fighting in the eastern part of the country, including Donetsk and Luhansk, had reached its limit.

Keep laughing. War costs money. I read Putin pays 12.4 million rubles for every dead soldier. Not much for Putin because he is rich. However huge money for the poor families where the most soldiers originate.
You start to sound like Tai Hai Chen a.k.a Superboy or whatever account he use in the past.

Well, considering NATO always wanted Ukraine to negotiate with Russia since day 1. This probably have no bearing on how many people Russia had lost.

On the other hand, Russia increase the age of military service and try to raise unit from non-existing regiment on paper both point to Russia have a high turn over rate on soldier. Otherwise they wouldn't do any of that if their lost is minimal.

They kind of did, and sentence him to life imprisonment...

Yes, only idiot would say "We get discount" still didn't know you also pay the Russian and then call the other idiots for financing the war.
NATO ask Zelensky to negotiate since long time yes. But never they ask him to cede some territories before. So why now? To me you seems to be a professional military professional and I know you don't believe that Russia is loosing 1000 of soldiers each day in this conflict. In fact anybody with little common sense won't buy it.

Oh realy? You know what we and Putin have in common? Both sides give a shit how much russians die
Okay, then ask NATO to stop pushing Zelensky for negotiation and ceding territories. At least until Ukraine is landlocked without any chance to regain all the lost territories in the future.

The US could have stayed in Afghanistan ad infinitum, but there was no need to. The US had already achieved its main objective of destroying Al Qaeda. Would we have liked to see the Taliban out of power? Sure, but that was up for Afghans to decide. If their not going to fight for their country, why would the US?

The United States has been there for 20 years.

That’s longer than the Civil War, World War II and the Korean War combined.

If it can’t be finished in 20 years, it was probably not a good idea in the first place.

However you are welcome to go over and do your part, no one is stopping you.

forever wars, such as Afghanistan and Iraq, are the kind of thing that destroy a country‘s treasury and doom empires.

Afghanistan was a bad idea 20 years ago, and it’s a bad idea now.

Occupying countries is never a great idea. Hopefully someday America will learn this.

NATO ask Zelensky to negotiate since long time yes. But never they ask him to cede some territories before. So why now? To me you seems to be a professional military professional and I know you don't believe that Russia is loosing 1000 of soldiers each day in this conflict. In fact anybody with little common sense won't buy it.

Okay, then ask NATO to stop pushing Zelensky for negotiation and ceding territories. At least until Ukraine is landlocked without any chance to regain all the lost territories in the future.

Unless 1 Ukrainian soldier can kill 10 Russian soldiers, it's going to be tough for Ukraine to win considering Russia has 4 times the population of Ukraine.

You start to sound like Tai Hai Chen a.k.a Superboy or whatever account he use in the past.
You think I made joke?
Most of soldiers Putin sends to war come from poor, underprivileged families. Many come from the eastern part of Russia, from religious ethnic minorities. That is what was found out under the dead soldiers.

About Afghanistan.

Think of it this way, you have a very rich uncle. Your life long dream is to graduate from Harvard (Or Oxford or what have you) and your uncle say I will pay for you tuition, I will pay for your private Tutor, I will pay you during your study and I will even study with you.

Now, if you can't get into Harvard because you use the money your uncle gave you to buy a Ferrari and instead of studying, you go partying. Even tho your uncle knows about this but he didn't stop you, so is it exactly your uncle fault you can't get into Harvard??

There are no "Win" in Afghanistan, we could have stay there for another 20 or 40 years, it wouldn't change the fact that their heart is not in the right place, most Afghan don't want war, and they don't care who is in charge, and the government is corrupted to the core. Actually, it would probably be a lot better to do a Russia in Ukraine and start annexing Afghanistan and gave them all US passport....But why would we do that??

The US invaded Afghanistan over 18 years ago. It is one of the longest wars in modern history.

It has FAILED. That is why the US iwithdrawing troops.

If anyone looks on a map, Afghanistan is VERY far away. Too far for the US to project force adequately.

Time was for the US to take its bat and ball and go home, with its tail between its legs

About Afghanistan.

Unless, US doesn't want Afghanistan to go to Harvard or Oxford, hell no. US might want to use Afghan as their staging point to attack countries around it or may be want to suck it's natural resources dry or they want afghan to be their minion in democracy, I don't know for sure. But whatever it is, it is not and never about Afghan going to Oxford or Harvard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom