What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, are those bitching?? Or just reflecting the fact that NATO need to gave us the fighter jet, they are really deporting 200,000 of Ukrianian children and they are really killing civilian (Saw plenty of that over there). Which is something YOU DON'T DO IN WAR
And should we forget how many children USA roasted by dropping 2 nuclear bombs on Japanese cities just to establish American supremacy? Or all those civilians who were no even in a war zone that were killed by US drone strikes? In Pakistan? In Afghanistan? Why is it a-okay when US and its allies do it but it NOT okay when Russia does it?

You can keep your hypocrisy and blame West or US or whatever
You want to see hypocrisy, read above.

When it comes to killing civilians and children, no country did worse than US of A. The same country whose media is amplifying human-rights message coming out of Ukraine.

The real hypocrisy is US and its allies preaching human rights to Russia after all they have done since forever.

Ground Burst is using air drop and land deployed (ie Dirty Bomb) device and detonate below the atmosphere so the damage is limited. That's the definition of Ground Burst. Air Burst is above the fall off free area, radioactive substance have its own density, it will not be flowing above certain height, like precipitation, oxygen and carbon dioxide, that height is 1000 meters more or less for Plutonium Particle, 20,000 meters for Oxygen, which mean if a bomb or missile is detonate within that height, it's fallout go up and cloud up, air burst go down and disperse.

I seriously doubt you know anything about Nuclear war, but whatever.
As I said before, if you have references, lay them here. I am more than happy to read them.

Meanwhile, here is one of mine : https://nuke.fas.org/guide/usa/doctrine/dod/fm8-9/1ch3.htm

Here is what he says : "An air burst is an explosion in which a weapon is detonated in air at an altitude below 30 km but at sufficient height that the fireball does not contact the surface of the earth."

For a 20 Kt bomb, diameter of fireball is at maximum 145 meters in radius (https://nuclearweaponsedproj.mit.edu/fireball-size-effects). So if detonated at 500 meters+, it will not come in contact with ground.

It was indeed an air-burst.

I can give you more references too, if you like book type of references.

And should we forget how many children USA roasted by dropping 2 nuclear bombs on Japanese cities just to establish American supremacy? Or all those civilians who were no even in a war zone that were killed by US drone strikes? In Pakistan? In Afghanistan? Why is it a-okay when US and its allies do it but it NOT okay when Russia does it?

You want to see hypocrisy, read above.

When it comes to killing civilians and children, no country did worse than US of A. The same country whose media is amplifying human-rights message coming out of Ukraine.

Again, you can call foul for the US if you like, you cannot use what US did to another country to justify Russian did to Ukraine, if you do that, and keep the same attitude, then you are a hypocrite

Unless you are seeing this as a game to see who can kill more civilian, then you are not an hypocrite, you are a sick individual.

The real hypocrisy is US and its allies preaching human rights to Russia after all they have done since forever.

See the response above.

As I said before, if you have references, lay them here. I am more than happy to read them.

Meanwhile, here is one of mine : https://nuke.fas.org/guide/usa/doctrine/dod/fm8-9/1ch3.htm

Here is what he says : "An air burst is an explosion in which a weapon is detonated in air at an altitude below 30 km but at sufficient height that the fireball does not contact the surface of the earth."

For a 20 Kt bomb, diameter of fireball is at maximum 145 meters in radius (https://nuclearweaponsedproj.mit.edu/fireball-size-effects). So if detonated at 500 meters+, it will not come in contact with ground.

It was indeed an air-burst.

I can give you more references too, if you like book type of references.
Can you actually read??

This is what it said on the FAS reference you supplied.

304. Types of Bursts.

The relative effects of blast, heat, and nuclear radiation will largely be determined by the altitude at which the weapon is detonated. Nuclear explosions are generally classified as air bursts, surface bursts, subsurface bursts, or high altitude bursts.

a. Air Bursts. An air burst is an explosion in which a weapon is detonated in air at an altitude below 30 km but at sufficient height that the fireball does not contact the surface of the earth. After such a burst, blast may cause considerable damage and injury. The altitude of an air burst can be varied to obtain maximum blast effects, maximum thermal effects, desired radiation effects, or a balanced combination of these effects. Burns to exposed skin may be produced over many square kilometers and eye injuries over a still larger area. Initial nuclear radiation will be a significant hazard with smaller weapons, but the fallout hazard can be ignored as there is essentially no local fallout from an air burst. The fission products are generally dispersed over a large area of the globe unless there is local rainfall resulting in localized fallout. In the vicinity of ground zero, there may be a small area of neutron-induced activity which could be hazardous to troops required to pass through the area. Tactically, air bursts are the most likely to be used against ground forces.

b. Surface Burst. A surface burst is an explosion in which a weapon is detonated on or slightly above the surface of the earth so that the fireball actually touches the land or water surface. Under these conditions, the area affected by blast, thermal radiation, and initial nuclear radiation will be less extensive than for an air burst of similar yield, except in the region of ground zero where destruction is concentrated. In contrast with air bursts, local fallout can be a hazard over a much larger downwind area than that which is affected by blast and thermal radiation.

The high lighted is about the Line of Sight

Also, the target is not Hiroshima (That's the city the target is in), Hiroshima is a city with the size of around 1000 square kilometres, while the bomb did detonated at around 2000 fts from Hiroshima, the target was Aioi Bridge in Hiroshima and the detonation is at 550 ft above the bridge, so yes, ground is touched

0916:02 (8:16:02am in Hiroshima)- After falling from the Enola Gay for 43 seconds, Little Boy detonates 1,968 feet above Hiroshima, 550 feet from the Aioi Bridge. Nuclear fission begins in 0.15 microseconds.

was the aiming point for the 1945 Hiroshima atom bomb because its shape was easily recognized from the air

You can't just bomb "Hiroshima" the pilot will ask you "Where would I aim at"? You have to aim at something.....

And again, go ahead and believe nuking Ukraine will have no effect on Russia themselves, I mean that's your opinion, as I said, I hope you were not in Moscow when they really do nuke them.

Last edited:
1654315318901.png

If the Ukrainians only had the M1299 self propelled howitzers that will fire shells out 70-100km. First US Army M1299 battalion will be equipped next year.

German foreign Minister Baerbock just yesterday said we will continue to supply heavy weapons till Russia is crushed in Ukraine and no Bucha can happen again.

I agree with her.

Bucha can happen again ? Did you actually find what happened there the first time ? :D

On a sidenote i find Russia repulsive and rather ewwww. The more the contact is cut off, the better.

You have no clue how disgusting it is for someone with higher cultural standards to be forced near people with lower standards.

Yes, "higher cultural standards" like you giggling about how your psycho Ukrainian friend has a bag with the jaw of a Russian soldier. :lol:

US Ex-General says Russia cannot be defeated and after Russia achieves it's goal of taking Donbass region there will be a stalemate as Russian forces dig in. He also says there will be a long insurgency as one pi$$ed off Ukrainian population who have lost loved ones, livelihoods and homes will harbour hatred of Russians for a long time.

It is more or less 21% actually, but 12% of those were Donbas (~7% Before when Separatist already holding) and Crimea (4%). Which mean for the entire almost 100 days war, Russian gain 9% of Ukraine conventionally, technically, they did better in that one day in 2014 then this 100 days war, this is not really anything to celebrate if you were Russian military. With how many men and equipment lost currently?

There are currently a counter offensive in Kherson which Russia is seemingly dislodged from their first defence line and now only 10 km from Kherson, not sure if Russia can stop this as they are running out of manpower in the south, given they have given the East 70% of the force (60 our of 90 BTG went to the East) Depends on the number and size of the Ukrainian push some analyst say they can make all the way to Kherson, some say they can't, I am probably more reserve and say they can't, but that would mean Odessa would be largely safe, because Russia can't attack from the sea unless there is a land route, and they need to go over and take Mykolaiv if they want that land route, not being beating back by the Ukrainian.

And in case you have not notice, Panjshir is still in fighting off Taliban even today as I type, you don't know because virtually nobody care about them now. And from the news, they are still doing pretty good job.

"And in case you have not notice, Panjshir is still in fighting off Taliban even today as I type, you don't know because virtually nobody care about them now. And from the news, they are still doing pretty good job."

To quote someone above overall: "Oh Chacha Bus!" [Only Indians and Pakistanis would really understand that].

No offense, but you seem clinging onto something which I don't see happening. I actually admire the posts from our Kazakhstani poster in this thread who seems to know a lot about the battlefield knowledge, though anti-Russia, then seemingly too-ideological positions like yours and a certain American 'veteran' from a very bygone era....

PS. My Pakistani relatives and friends often say that they know best about what's happening in the Pakistani politics because they live there. To that, I'd counter: If all those who live in Pakistan are so smart then how is Pakistan in such a bad shape despite their great knowledge?? In the same vein, a 'veteran' of wars or a retired soldier is not necessarily more qualified than someone without such background....

No sane human should read the propaganda gibberish that is constantly passed as analysis by Neocons at the ISW. It is the same group of people who engineered the wars against Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria and then installed Zelensky in Ukraine in order to wage this war against Russia. I am not sure why people have a short memory. Nobody should listen to this evil. 👇

View attachment 850807
I am pretty sure that noone here has such a short memory that they do not remember that you are spamming the thread with this picture a couple of times per day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom