What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, you have the point. But with the current situation in Ukraine, Russia will do their best to target HIMARS first to eliminated the advantage that Ukrainian has. Specially when there are only 4 of them right now.
Russians already have a hard time preventing the delivery of the M777s and other artillery units provided by U.S. and other countries, not to mention destroying them. HIMARs and even the M270s are hard to find and counter since they can shoot and scoot quickly within a minute or so. And the reloading process takes few minutes at most. With the drone tech, it makes it easy to find targets and transfer the coordinates quickly and it just fires and leave quickly.

Sounds BS and the Ukrainians shouldn't fall for this where I have made a point that the Russians will easily stop rest and recover and launch another invasion again. They can use whatever ceasefire violation or false flag and blame it on the Ukrainians and launch again.

Germany will deliver the most modern anti aircraft missile system and anti artillery system to Ukraine.
The systems will protect Ukraine cities against Russia aerial and artillery assaults.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Looks like M142 HIMARS is coming, not M270 MLRS.

This make sense, HIMARS is air deployable, and this could get to the battlefield quicker.

Also, at 80km range, HIMARS have longer ranger and more accurate than M270 and any Russian MLRS or Artillery. This will give the Ukrainian some edge.
The U.S. should send the M270s by ship. Take few weeks, but they be there. Hoping for M198s and M109s if possible. This is pretty much Artillery Wars now.

The son must take his knowledge from this PDF thread :rofl: :

Rain of fire !

I said it before, crazy how you betray your own people.

And I have ask you before, how can you support Zelensky who has banned all opposition parties especially because many of them happen to be leftist and has put at least one into house arrest and has gotten one of his mediators with Russia executed ? Isn't this what NATO accuses its enemies of ? Yet NATO is openly supporting dictator Zelensky with hypocrisy.

You constantly accuse @Foinikas of betrayal and what not, but just because he rejects the anti-human and irrational line taken by NATO governments. You have created a fascist majoritarian dictatorship in Europe just like we have in India where any dissenter is automatically labeled "anti-national" and told "Go to Pakistan !" :lol: You say Europe is not like Russia, that Europe is civilized and democratic yet you are not allowing Foinikas to have his right of thought especially when he is making much sense. Is this right of you ?

As for russian skulls, i dont see any problem with that.

What's next ? You going to Sweden and role playing a Viking warrior from a 1000 years ago ?

I told you to not add me on blocked users contents. Thanks

So first you told me that about @Hassan Al-Somal and now about The SC. Firstly, how do I know who all are on your ignore list and secondly, why are you ignoring them when they are taking the trouble of finding and presenting the daily and broad truths of the Ukraine war which NATO media is not admitting and in fact going stubbornly against ? Are you rejecting that Nazis are not being found, even from Azovstal ? That the "democracy-protector" Ukraine military is not committing war crimes and just foulest crimes really ? A group of them holding down a Russian soldier in the night and he moaning in terrible pain, with them holding him down more as he moans more, maybe they just burning him with a swastika or cutting him up I don't know. That vid posted here was deleted by mods. The same brave Ukrainian Territorial Defense Forces shooting up cars of civilians as they flee cities. You were making multiple posts including to me about how the a Russian tank fired upon a Ukrainian civilian cyclist. That firing would have been a honest mistake but you just ignore the real crimes by the fanatics among the Ukrainian military. So many crimes. And what happened to Bucha is what I asked you multiple times ? NATO made a big lie just like it has done since 1949, besmirched Russia and now has moved to other lies. What are you doing, man ?

Russia's Lavrov warns US rocket supplies could widen Ukraine conflict​

Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has said that there are risks of involving third countries in the war with Ukraine if Kiev received US multiple launch rocket systems (MLRS).​

Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has said that there are risks of involving third countries in the war with Ukraine if Kiev received US multiple launch rocket systems (MLRS).

"Such risks, of course, exist. What the Kiev regime demands, and unequivocally, economically... from its Western patrons. Firstly, it goes beyond decency and diplomatic communication, and secondly, it is a direct provocation to involve the West in hostilities," Lavrov said, as per Ria Novosti.

According to him, these risks are "understood by conscious Western politicians", Ukrayinska Pravda reported.

"Not everyone, frankly, in the European Union, especially in its northern part. There are politicians who are ready to resort to this madness in order to satisfy their ambitions.

"But serious countries in the European Union, of course, are well aware of the unacceptability of such scenarios, and we recently heard signs of reasonable estimates from Washington," Lavrov said.

The US is "adding fuel to the fire" by supplying weapons to Kiev, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said on Wednesday in response to US President Joe Biden's decision to provide more advanced missile systems to Ukraine, CNN reported.

The Ukrainian authorities have long asked the United States to supply high-tech, medium-range rocket systems. Biden said Tuesday the US is providing Ukraine "more advanced rocket systems and munitions" as its war with Russia grinds on.

"Such supplies do not contribute to the Ukrainian leadership's willingness to resume peace negotiations," Peskov said, CNN reported.

Peskov also added the Kremlin does not trust Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky's words that Kyiv would not use multiple launch rocket systems to attack the Russian territory if they receive them from the US.

Sounds BS and the Ukrainians shouldn't fall for this where I have made a point that the Russians will easily stop rest and recover and launch another invasion again. They can use whatever ceasefire violation or false flag and blame it on the Ukrainians and launch again.

The U.S. should send the M270s by ship. Take few weeks, but they be there. Hoping for M198s and M109s if possible. This is pretty much Artillery Wars now.
That will come. Scholz has given the promise before the parliament. There is no way he can back down. Ukraine will receive the same air defense system that Germany possess.

That will come. Scholz has given the promise before the parliament. There is no way he can back down. Ukraine will receive the same air defense system that Germany possess.

Not unless it has Swiss components in it, then it will be vetoed or denied.

UK is sending M270

But yes, US would most likely be sending the 270s the Marine retired a couple of years back to Ukraine soon. Most likely US will replace UK 270 stock with HIMARS. The US may also load some 270 system on C-5 Galaxy, IIRC that was the only aircraft that can carry them (Maybe C-17 can carry them too? I don't know).

On the other hand M198 is most likely already on the way and Dane are sending 109s (think it's an A3) to Ukraine as we speak.

The Swiss vetoes direct delivery of ammunitions. I don’t think they will veto electronics delivery to Germany.

IRIS-T Missile does not have Swiss Parts.

It have Germany, Norway, Italy, Sweden, Canadian and Greece part.

UK is sending M270

But yes, US would most likely be sending the 270s the Marine retired a couple of years back to Ukraine soon. Most likely US will replace UK 270 stock with HIMARS. The US may also load some 270 system on C-5 Galaxy, IIRC that was the only aircraft that can carry them (Maybe C-17 can carry them too? I don't know).

On the other hand M198 is most likely already on the way and Dane are sending 109s (think it's an A3) to Ukraine as we speak.
Wow! A3s! Those are really old. I was expecting more modern variant that I have seen the other countries have improved on like this pic with longer gun and some minor stuff.
M109L52.jpg

Was expecting at least A5s. It would make sense that they send them quickly since the Ukrainians probably don't want to wait for weeks on ship and transport by land. C-17s should be able to carry them since they are known to transport Abrams tanks. But good to hear that they are sending the M198s as well as well as the HIMARs and M270s. Pretty slow decision but better late than never. Funny we thought ahead of this, but I'm certain others in the Pentagon thought of this as well long before. Also Italy has a bunch of them still. They sold many to Pakistan but not all of them. Wiki says they have more than 200 still and their main artillery is the PZH2000 so the rest of M109s are in storage.

Wow! A3s! Those are really old. I was expecting more modern variant that I have seen the other countries have improved on like this pic with longer gun and some minor stuff.
M109L52.jpg

Was expecting at least A5s. It would make sense that they send them quickly since the Ukrainians probably don't want to wait for weeks on ship and transport by land. C-17s should be able to carry them since they are known to transport Abrams tanks. But good to hear that they are sending the M198s as well as well as the HIMARs and M270s. Pretty slow decision but better late than never. Funny we thought ahead of this, but I'm certain others in the Pentagon thought of this as well long before. Also Italy has a bunch of them still. They sold many to Pakistan but not all of them. Wiki says they have more than 200 still and their main artillery is the PZH2000 so the rest of M109s are in storage.
Funny enough, nobody in the area have A6/A7.....

US still uses A6 and A7. Then It just Saudi who have some A6 around. Portugal and Spain both have A5 but IIRC those are really small number. Dane A2 were in storage as they are upgrading to A5 themselves.

C-17 probably can, seeing M270 only weight around 27 tons. M198 are most definitely going over there, as they are cheap and inexpensive but still provide good fire support, probably more unit than M777 too. but the deployment rate is going to be slow.

as for we are thinking ahead, we both know this is going to end up like this, remember back then when they got the Brits sign on to provide artillery and I told you the possibility of HIMARS? :) in fact I just went back and check all my old post and the sitrep I wrote, I am more or less 70% in the money, which suggested one thing. the Ukrainian is fighting this war as if we are fighting this war (because whatever I suggest I put myself in that situation, which I was brought up by US tactics.)

Which mean they are going to be more mobile and try to outflank the Russian when they have to take that operational pause eventually. Don't quote me on that, as this is a gut feeling, not supported by any Intel I have my eyes on, but I think it is more or less coming after Russia took Sieverodonetsk.

Zelenskyy burn Trump...........

That's a long mile from this

View attachment 850174

I loved Trump he was an orange but he was our orange --

What trump would have done is anybody guess.

The only thing sure about trump was , that he was unpredictable and irresponsible.

Although some argue that exactly because of that , Putin would not have risked invading at all , if trump was in power.

On the other hand , when it comes to long standing military support and money investment , Biden has proven himself as trust worthy ally. Would Trump also stand with Ukraine in the same way Biden did ?

Not at all sure about that :

Trump: US should fund safe schools before Ukraine

~

Last edited:
Funny enough, nobody in the area have A6/A7.....

US still uses A6 and A7. Then It just Saudi who have some A6 around. Portugal and Spain both have A5 but IIRC those are really small number. Dane A2 were in storage as they are upgrading to A5 themselves.

C-17 probably can, seeing M270 only weight around 27 tons. M198 are most definitely going over there, as they are cheap and inexpensive but still provide good fire support, probably more unit than M777 too. but the deployment rate is going to be slow.

as for we are thinking ahead, we both know this is going to end up like this, remember back then when they got the Brits sign on to provide artillery and I told you the possibility of HIMARS? :) in fact I just went back and check all my old post and the sitrep I wrote, I am more or less 70% in the money, which suggested one thing. the Ukrainian is fighting this war as if we are fighting this war (because whatever I suggest I put myself in that situation, which I was brought up by US tactics.)

Which mean they are going to be more mobile and try to outflank the Russian when they have to take that operational pause eventually. Don't quote me on that, as this is a gut feeling, not supported by any Intel I have my eyes on, but I think it is more or less coming after Russia took Sieverodonetsk.
Indeed you mentioned the HIMARS long before. I suggested it would be M270s instead since the HIMARS were newer and something the Marines and Army want to keep for themselves but since then they sent in M777s which are also modern weeks ago, I figure the U.S. government decided to also give something more modern like the HIMARS you mentioned. After the Russians taking Severodonestsk and operational pause or even suggest a ceasefire crap attempt, the Ukrainians should definitely hit them hard with more artillery to prevent them from taking a breathe or break. Even launch counter attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom