What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought provoking post. And, as I had said very early in this thread, China gains the most and China would be the next target if Russia falls now. If Ukraine is Russia's new Afghanistan then Ukraine is also the West's new Afghanistan. The two prime beneficiaries are China and America, at least for the foreseeable future. The rest of 'the West' has been conned again by the neocons in America!!

Yup. Though I am not convinced about the Nazi angle in Ukraine, Trump, who went to the DMZ and shook hands with Kim, was a businessman above all and certainly not as in bed with the various Lobbies in Washington as the good old Biden is.

Long term, yes, Russia will lose but not because of this war. It will be because of the weaknesses in the Russian society and declining birthrate. But short term? Once Putin takes and consolidates his gains in the eastern / southern Ukraine, he will have attained a glory even beyond Russia on short term basis. I don't think once Russia consolidates gains in the mainly Russian-speaking eastern/southern regions of Ukraine there will be as much damage or even civil war in those occupied region as some are implying here. On the contrary... Russians would have some rivers are natural boundaries, relatively pliant local population, and military infra closer to Kiev than ever before after the consolidation.

PS. What we are witnessing is never seen since the end of World War 2, which is nothing short of a gigantic geostrategic shifts. The cursed Eurasian continent, of which Pakistan is unfortunately not a distant part of, is yet again going to shape human history for the next many decades. Fascinating and frightening at the same time!!

Well put many just see military victory or defeat but have lost the big picture looking at small details.

When nations take short-term interests instead of the long-term bigger picture, the rest of the world suffers, Look at what happened in Afghanistan since the 80s and Iraq and the wider Middle East since the early 2000s. In the worst case scenario, Ukraine could become an openly bona fide neo-Nazi state, all because of the zeal of the US and Western Europeans to "weaken and destroy" Russia.

When nations take short-term interests instead of the long-term bigger picture, the rest of the world suffers, Look at what happened in Afghanistan since the 80s and Iraq and the wider Middle East since the early 2000s. In the worst case scenario, Ukraine could become an openly bona fide neo-Nazi state, all because of the zeal of the US and Western Europeans to "weaken and destroy" Russia.

I have said that, given time, Russia, at least from the west of the Urals (maybe minus the Caucuses) would have naturally become part of Europe. Putin is the last Tsar and after him it would be another Yeltsin or Medvedev; and Putin is already around 70. But some Neocons couldn't wait a few more years.

It's hilarious that even Switzerland is looking for the NATO membership! So Russia would is so powerful that it would roll over NATO countries and threaten a historically neutral Switzerland?? Europeans have lost it--they have no more original narrative left after the two World Wars. They are in a mental lockdown, beholden to the pressure tactics of the Lobbies in Washington. Such a sad situation for the Mother Continent.

I have said that, given time, Russia, at least from the west of the Urals (maybe minus the Caucuses) would have naturally become part of Europe. Putin is the last Tsar and after him it would be another Yeltsin or Medvedev; and Putin is already around 70. But some Neocons couldn't wait a few more years.

It's hilarious that even Switzerland is looking for the NATO membership! So Russia would is so powerful that it would roll over NATO countries and threaten a historically neutral Switzerland?? Europeans have lost it--they have no more original narrative left after the two World Wars. They are in a mental lockdown, beholden to the pressure tactics of the Lobbies in Washington. Such a sad situation for the Mother Continent.
Agree with your post about Europeans.

Just wanted to add that it's not a good idea to discount the Russians.
They will remain a power to be reckoned with for the foreseeable future.
When Hitler's war machine and their own civil war couldn't destroy their spirits in thepreviouscentury, then comparatively Biden/Nuland and their European poodles are nothing.

Also don't bet on Medvedev being the next president, going by current trajectory it's most probably Patrushev, quite a competent person I hasten to add.

LOL, so you are denying what even the BBC found embarrassing to broadcast, that wailing fellow going on and on about blond and blue-eyed people of European Ukraine ? And please go back to my post you quoted and watch Hassan's posted vid about the Russians examining a Nazi with Nazi tattoos all over and he emptying his bowels then and there.

ATM they are talking about only Poland but they also say this :

My mention of Germany to Apollon was to remind him of the reality response to his constant posting on this thread calling for killing all allied troops in Ukraine and arming Ukraine with nuclear weapons.
Lol I hope Putler attacks Poland it will be lights out for him and his oligarchs.
There are people with nazi ratios in every country in the world, last I heard Argentina was a hot bed

Side-effects of taking anti depression pills non stop for the last 3 months.

I think you take this way too personal buddy. Dont know how much it effects you but we just grill russians by the thousands in their tanks and rook 300 billion russian assets all the while ripping Ukraine out of russian orbit.

This is not about Ukraine buddy, its about crushing russia and that goes quite well. Russia is dissolved in that acid bath.

In short they are the only people right now that can be killed without judgement. Ukrainians even sell russian skulls, jaws ect as trophies.

Its like all wars the west fights, for the others its about survival. For us, its a hobby.

Germany will deliver the most modern anti aircraft missile system and anti artillery system to Ukraine.
The systems will protect Ukraine cities against Russia aerial and artillery assaults.

I think you take this way too personal buddy. Dont know how much it effects you but we just grill russians by the thousands in their tanks and rook 300 billion russian assets all the while ripping Ukraine out of russian orbit.

This is not about Ukraine buddy, its about crushing russia and that goes quite well. Russia is dissolved in that acid bath.

In short they are the only people right now that can be killed without judgement. Ukrainians even sell russian skulls, jaws ect as trophies.

Its like all wars the west fights, for the others its about survival. For us, its a hobby.
See clearly you are frustrated and biased. You dont know what are you talking.

There is a proposal on the table. The West can put the entire rich people of Russia under sanction. These are about 20,000 Russians. If the West takes them the money away Russia will only have poor people. They will cry their tears at Putin shoulder.

Putin's War Machine Is Thriving Off Russian Energy Sales - Bloomberg

Few quotes from the article -

Russia is being propelled by a flood of cash that could average $800 million a day this year — and that's just what the commodity superpower is raking in from oil and gas.
Even with some countries halting or phasing out energy purchases, Russia's oil-and-gas revenue will be about $285 billion this year, according to estimates from Bloomberg Economics based on Economy Ministry projections. That would exceed the 2021 figure by more than one-fifth. Throw in other commodities, and it more than makes up for the $300 billion in foreign reserves frozen as part of the sanctions.
Oil-export revenue alone is up 50% from a year earlier, according to the International Energy Agency. Russia’s top oil producers made their highest combined profit in almost a decade in the first quarter, Moscow-based SberCIB Investment Research estimates. And wheat exports continue — at higher prices — as sanctions on Russian agriculture aren't even being discussed because the world needs its grain.
The ruble has become another symbol used by Putin to project strength. Once mocked by Biden as “rubble” when it initially collapsed in response to the sanctions, it’s since been propped up by Russia to become the world’s best-performing currency against the dollar this year.
Indian refiners purchased more than 40 million barrels of Russian oil between the start of the Ukraine invasion in late February and early May. That’s 20% more than Russia-India flows for the whole of 2021, according to Bloomberg calculations based on trade ministry data. Refiners are seeking private deals instead of public tenders to get Russian barrels cheaper than market prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom