What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, look it up. Smearch can reload in about 20min. You're clueless about Russian systems.

No doubt the ATGM weapons have had an effect, but the main reason for heavy Russian losses, especially around Kyiv, is bad tactics, poorly trained conscripts, and outdated equipment. It's poor performance of the Russians, rather than any major weapon system.

Yes, there is evidence of the Russians destroying M777s, especially with loitering munitions, look it up in this thread, it's been posted numerous times, bet you've seen it and ignored it. I ain't gonna spoon feed you.

You don't get it. Without air cover, the M777s and HIMARS will be picked off, as the Russians have been doing.

And there's only been 1 video of a Russian loitering munition attacking an M777...........which missed. Theres been no other evidence of M777s being attacked, much less destroyed.

Waste of money.
This why pump IRA, SEP IRA and other retirement accounts along with other tax loopholes pay close to 0 in taxes. For business owners like myself Trump left a lot of good things in tax reform.

What the Fu… waste of money. Inflation and oil prices are destroying low income and middle income families here in the USA and sleepy Joe is wasting all this money to protect a Nazi regime which is like a sink hole for our tax money.

Bastard Joe …. We need Trump back.

Demonstrates the Russians can locate and destroy them, like I said, without air cover, they are vulnerable. Those comparisons are not based on like-for-like system...since when is the Grad series of MLRS similar in scope to HIMARS?!!

What the Fu… waste of money. Inflation and oil prices are destroying low income and middle income families here in the USA and sleepy Joe is wasting all this money to protect a Nazi regime which is like a sink hole for our tax money.

I loved Trump he was an orange but he was our orange --

Demonstrates the Russians can locate and destroy them, like I said, without air cover, they are vulnerable. Those comparisons are not based on like-for-like system...since when is the Grad series of MLRS similar in scope to HIMARS?!!

Theres been absolutely zero evidence any M777 has been destroyed. Stop spreading false information.

No, look it up. Smearch can reload in about 20min. You're clueless about Russian systems.

No doubt the ATGM weapons have had an effect, but the main reason for heavy Russian losses, especially around Kyiv, is bad tactics, poorly trained conscripts, and outdated equipment. It's poor performance of the Russians, rather than any major weapon system.

Yes, there is evidence of the Russians destroying M777s, especially with loitering munitions, look it up in this thread, it's been posted numerous times, bet you've seen it and ignored it. I ain't gonna spoon feed you.

You don't get it. Without air cover, the M777s and HIMARS will be picked off, as the Russians have been doing.
20 minutes stationary is a long time, you can reload a HIMARS with a crew of 3 in just 3 minutes. The Record time in the ARmy is 1 minutes 45 seconds.

Also, Russia did not provide enough evidence on "Destroying" M777, the only evidence so far is the photo (from a video) but that was not a M777. You can see the ballistic shield (Circled in Black) on the "Destroyed" system, M777 does not have them, they are probably D-30 system that got destroyed or being attacked.

Not M777.jpg

Theres been absolutely zero evidence any M777 has been destroyed. Stop spreading false information.

The US estimates around 15,000 Ukrainian dead, similar losses in armour as the Russians. Not much evidence for that is there? Wonder why. Doesn't mean it's not true.

Ukraine advance in the south slowed down. Russia deployed scattered defensive formations. Many small groups of 4-12 vehicles, frequently moving, necessitating to hunt them down individually.

Many roads were mined, and infrastructure sabotaged. The roads Russians are using for retreat are know to be clear.

On the good side, they captured few more Russian officers.

IIRC Ukraine have recovered 4 settlement with the latest push in the south. Davydiv Brid, Mykolaivika, Vysokopillya and Snihulivka

Trump would have never supported this war. He would have let Ukraine die it’s natural and quick death instead of slow prolonged suffering where defence firms make their billions before finally letting Ukraine die.
Trump is history. Live with it. Ukraine will win this war I have no doubt. At the beginning I was sceptical but now things are very clear. Putin will lose. Russia will lose everything. USSR lost the war in Afghanistan because of the strong resistance of primitive armed rebels and US stingers. How can a much weaker Russia win a war against heavily armed Ukraine, with weapons and money assistance from 2/3 world economies? Hopeless.

Slowly but surely Russia is imposing it's will on and off the battlefield. And it's going to get worse hereon. A lightweight can only stand toe-to-toe with a heavyweight for do long.. even if your corner is cheering you on. Cheers can only get you so far.
Someone correctly pointed out the real reason why the collective economic might of the NATO couldn't harm Russia the way Western sanctions for example crushed Iraq or Afghanistan. It's real economy vs
" service " ( aka illusory) economy. A country like Russia, China or even Iran and India derives it's economic power from real products, either natural ( eg oil, food, hydro, gas, minerals) or manufactured ( eg industrial stuff).
Western countries economic might depends on the worship of their fake products by the rest of the world, drawing from the aura they built during colonialism
For example the outrageous prices we pay for their bags, branded shoes, cosmetics etc made in Bangladesh or Vietnam. Or the extortionate sums we pay for their useless degrees in the education sector. Etc.
This war is a direct clash between a product vs service economy.. and it exposed the latter. For the same reason China can sleep easy now, West will kill themselves trying to sanction it.

I hope for greater humanity ( unfortunately for the Ukraine and Russia) this war drag on for a few years. It will thoroughly expose the Western myth re their military, economic and political might. This will help the rest of the world to decouple from their hegemony on world institutions through which they leech-off the rest of the world.
It would be great foolishness on the part of the Chinese to not speed up this process( by helping Russia at this critical stage.. and the Chinese ain't fools.)
** To any Russian here: why the hell are rail lines to Poland still running freely???

Thought provoking post. And, as I had said very early in this thread, China gains the most and China would be the next target if Russia falls now. If Ukraine is Russia's new Afghanistan then Ukraine is also the West's new Afghanistan. The two prime beneficiaries are China and America, at least for the foreseeable future. The rest of 'the West' has been conned again by the neocons in America!!

Yup. Though I am not convinced about the Nazi angle in Ukraine, Trump, who went to the DMZ and shook hands with Kim, was a businessman above all and certainly not as in bed with the various Lobbies in Washington as the good old Biden is.
Trump is history. Live with it. Ukraine will win this war I have no doubt. At the beginning I was sceptical but now things are very clear. Putin will lose. Russia will lose everything. USSR lost the war in Afghanistan because of the strong resistance of primitive armed rebels and US stingers. How can a much weaker Russia win a war against heavily armed Ukraine, with weapons and money assistance from 2/3 world economies? Hopeless.

Long term, yes, Russia will lose but not because of this war. It will be because of the weaknesses in the Russian society and declining birthrate. But short term? Once Putin takes and consolidates his gains in the eastern / southern Ukraine, he will have attained a glory even beyond Russia on short term basis. I don't think once Russia consolidates gains in the mainly Russian-speaking eastern/southern regions of Ukraine there will be as much damage or even civil war in those occupied region as some are implying here. On the contrary... Russians would have some rivers are natural boundaries, relatively pliant local population, and military infra closer to Kiev than ever before after the consolidation.

PS. What we are witnessing is never seen since the end of World War 2, which is nothing short of a gigantic geostrategic shifts. The cursed Eurasian continent, of which Pakistan is unfortunately not a distant part of, is yet again going to shape human history for the next many decades. Fascinating and frightening at the same time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom