What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biden says he is worried Putin does not have a way out of Ukraine war​

Biden says he is worried Putin does not have a way out of Ukraine war

Russian President Vladimir Putin delivers a speech during a military parade on Victory Day, which marks the 77th anniversary of the victory over Nazi Germany in World War Two, in Red Square in central Moscow, Russia May 9, 2022. Sputnik/Mikhail Metzel/Pool via REUTERS
Published May 10, 2022
Updated May 10, 2022

POTOMAC, Md. : U.S. President Joe Biden said on Monday he is worried that Russian President Vladimir Putin does not have a way out of the Ukraine war, and Biden said he was trying to figure out what to do about that.
Biden, speaking at a political fundraiser in a Washington suburb, said Putin had mistakenly believed the invasion of Ukraine would break up NATO and break up the European Union.

Instead, the United States and many European countries have rallied to Ukraine's side.

Russia's assault on Kyiv was beaten back in March by strong Ukrainian resistance. Russia, which calls the invasion "a special military operation," poured more troops into Ukraine for a huge offensive last month in the eastern part of the country but its gains have been slow.

Biden said Putin is a very calculating man and the problem he worries about now is that the Russian leader "doesn't have a way out right now, and I'm trying to figure out what we do about that."

(Reporting by Jeff Mason; Writing by Eric Beech; Editing by Sandra Maler)

Make me wonder if Biden is the President of the USA.
A litany of survival awaits him at home due to a war of attritions US and allies has created and he voicing his concern for the enemy Russia.

So you posted some years ago youre married with a swede. I dont see any reason for me to comment on that.
But it was a "Fake" lol.......As much as what or most of what you said.

I mean, I can already sees it, you are the kind of people when someone come to you and said "I served in the Army and the Navy Special Force", and the first thing you say is "Get Outta Here" It never occur to you people may have done more things than you, have more life experience than you. And you call it "Fake"

Well, of course, not saying everyone claim to have served in the Green Beret and Navy Seal are real, of course some of them are fake, but people like you who only see surface, if you have ever care enough to listen to what people have to say, instead of judging it by the surface, you will have a clearer picture on what that person is.

There is a old Chinese Proverb used to describe people like you. "Frog inside the bottom of a well"

So, let there be a lesson.

Also, I asked when did I claim to be a Jamaican? So yes, you have a reason to comment on that.

Biden says he is worried Putin does not have a way out of Ukraine war​

Biden says he is worried Putin does not have a way out of Ukraine war

Russian President Vladimir Putin delivers a speech during a military parade on Victory Day, which marks the 77th anniversary of the victory over Nazi Germany in World War Two, in Red Square in central Moscow, Russia May 9, 2022. Sputnik/Mikhail Metzel/Pool via REUTERS
Published May 10, 2022
Updated May 10, 2022

POTOMAC, Md. : U.S. President Joe Biden said on Monday he is worried that Russian President Vladimir Putin does not have a way out of the Ukraine war, and Biden said he was trying to figure out what to do about that.
Biden, speaking at a political fundraiser in a Washington suburb, said Putin had mistakenly believed the invasion of Ukraine would break up NATO and break up the European Union.

Instead, the United States and many European countries have rallied to Ukraine's side.

Russia's assault on Kyiv was beaten back in March by strong Ukrainian resistance. Russia, which calls the invasion "a special military operation," poured more troops into Ukraine for a huge offensive last month in the eastern part of the country but its gains have been slow.

Biden said Putin is a very calculating man and the problem he worries about now is that the Russian leader "doesn't have a way out right now, and I'm trying to figure out what we do about that."

(Reporting by Jeff Mason; Writing by Eric Beech; Editing by Sandra Maler)

Make me wonder if Biden is the President of the USA.
A litany of survival awaits him at home due to a war of attritions US and allies has created and he voicing his concern for the enemy Russia.
Putin should learn from Amreeka how to run with tail between the legs and then pay spin masters for a good cover up.

But it was a "Fake" lol.......As much as what or most of what you said.

I mean, I can already sees it, you are the kind of people when someone come to you and said "I served in the Army and the Navy Special Force", and the first thing you say is "Get Outta Here" It never occur to you people may have done more things than you, have more life experience than you. And you call it "Fake"

Well, of course, not saying everyone claim to have served in the Green Beret and Navy Seal are real, of course some of them are fake, but people like you who only see surface, if you have ever care enough to listen to what people have to say, instead of judging it by the surface, you will have a clearer picture on what that person is.

So, let there be a lesson.

Also, I asked when did I claim to be a Jamaican? So yes, you have a reason to comment on that.

I have not said youre fake or whatever that means. Just that judging from your post history i have a hard time connecting the dots.

On internet, anbody can claim to be anyone.

I can recall youve mentioned you were raised in Jamaica or somethin in that order. Also youve mentioned being a Kiwi. Not gonna go back and read all those comment now.

Anyway, if youve have been and done all those things youve mentioned, i will say the credit goes to you. I wont discredit somebodys life experiences and hard work.

I have not said youre fake or whatever that means. Just that judging from your post history i have a hard time connecting the dots.

On internet, anbody can claim to be anyone.

I can recall youve mentioned you were raised in Jamaica or somethin in that order. Also youve mentioned being a Kiwi. Not gonna go back and read all those comment now.

Anyway, if youve have been and done all those things youve mentioned, i will say the credit goes to you. I wont discredit somebodys life experiences and hard work.
Look, I have nothing against ya.

I am open to anyone and anything, I will not discounted someone said until there are very obvious keys or evidence suggesting that someone is a dud, that's another story. I mean, you do your things, I do mine, but I will NEVER suggest or say you were not from Norway, I mean, you can be a Norge and does not share the same view on question like EU, NATO. Met enough of these type of people in real life to know they exist. But to discount someone like that before you even get to the bottom of it is just a cheap shot in my opinion.

At the end of the day, it's about the point we are talking, not who we claim we are. And I hope you understand that.

As for Jamaica, I don't recall saying that, and a quick search on Post History (you can search Post History here in case you do not know) did not come up any result of me saying that, so I guess you mix me up with some other dude.

Look, I have nothing against ya.

I am open to anyone and anything, I will not discounted someone said until there are very obvious keys or evidence suggesting that someone is a dud, that's another story. I mean, you do your things, I do mine, but I will NEVER suggest or say you were not from Norway, I mean, you can be a Norge and does not share the same view on question like EU, NATO. Met enough of these type of people in real life to know they exist. But to discount someone like that before you even get to the bottom of it is just a cheap shot in my opinion.

At the end of the day, it's about the point we are talking, not who we claim we are. And I hope you understand that.

As for Jamaica, I don't recall saying that, and a quick search on Post History (you can search Post History here in case you do not know) did not come up any result of me saying that, so I guess you mix me up with some other dude.

Of course.
This forum would be a dull place if everyone agreed all the time.

Yes our views on NATO and EU are different but we still both want the best for our countries and neighbors. We obviously have different views on how to best way achieve that.

Russian forces may be abandoning efforts at a wide encirclement of Ukrainian troops along the Izyum-Slovyansk-Debaltseve line in favor of shallower encirclements of Severodonetsk and Lysychansk. Russian forces likely control almost all of Rubizhne as of May 12 and have likely seized the town of Voevodivka, north of Severdonetsk.[1] They will likely launch a ground offensive on or around Severodonetsk in the coming days. The relative success of Russian operations in this area combined with their failure to advance from Izyum and the notable decline in the energy of that attempted advance suggest that they may be giving up on the Izyum axis. Reports that Russian forces in Popasna are advancing north, toward Severodonetsk-Lysychansk, rather than east toward the Slovyansk-Debaltseve highway, support this hypothesis.

It is unclear if Russian forces can encircle, let alone capture, Severodonetsk and Lysychansk even if they focus their efforts on that much-reduced objective. Russian offensives have bogged down every time they hit a built-up area throughout this war, and these areas are unlikely to be different. Continued and expanding reports of demoralization and refusals to fight among Russian units suggest that the effective combat power of Russian troops in the east continues to be low and may drop further. If the Russians abandon efforts to advance from Izyum, moreover, Ukrainian forces would be able to concentrate their efforts on defending Severodonetsk-Lysychansk or, in the worst case, breaking a Russian encirclement before those settlements fall.

The Ukrainian counteroffensive around Kharkiv is also forcing the Russian command to make hard choices, as it was likely intended to do. The UK Ministry of Defense reports that Russian forces pulled back from Kharkiv have been sent toward Rubizhne and Severodonetsk but at the cost of ceding ground in Kharkiv from which the Russians had been shelling the city.[2] The counteroffensive is also forcing Russian units still near the city to focus their bombardment on the attacking Ukrainian troops rather than continuing their attacks on the city itself. The Ukrainian counteroffensive near Kharkiv is starting to look very similar to the counteroffensive that ultimately drove Russian troops away from Kyiv and out of western Ukraine entirely, although it is too soon to tell if the Russians will make a similar decision here.

Here in the USA and Canada everyone is getting tired of Ukrainian war. People are starting to question why we are contributing billions to the war which we have no part in. All the talk of billions of dollars of aid is making people mad when we have to pay record high fuel prices and highest inflation in decades.
Why are we wasting money on a war started by one clown name Zelenski when this money is better served at home.
One change: Thank God most Canadian channels have moved news about Ukraine from the top news every hour down to the third or fourth position. No more drama and propaganda on TV 24/7.

You want be a russian colony in 20 years? Guess not. Thats why its important to crush the orcs.

Btw Putun started the war, not Zelenski. Corrected your russian propaganda

Freedom of speech?,only if you tow the approved western/nato line on the war it seems.
You could imagine the outrage in the nato nations if the headline was: Country XYZ arrests "pro ukrainian" blogger on behalf of russian government.
Still,we really shouldnt forget that spain has a bit of a prior history with fascism.....

1) Iran lost 280.000 of her citizens in the 1980-1988 Imposed War (not a million).

2) Saddam was enabled by the US as well as other NATO regimes to commit crimes against Iran.

rumsfeld-saddam.jpg
So are you sad to see him gone? Do you still cry about it?

1) Iran lost 280.000 of her citizens in the 1980-1988 Imposed War (not a million).

2) Saddam was enabled by the US as well as other NATO regimes to commit crimes against Iran.

rumsfeld-saddam.jpg

War with Iran could have stopped after two years , But your Ayatollah refused a so the war lasted 8 years. nb And ended at about the same lines.

Pointless casualties for 6 years and your Ayatollah shares/bear the responsibility for that.

~

Lets say NATO did the right thing as you say.
Removed a non-democratic Ghaddafi.
In that case NATO in the aftermath, has a obligation to create a new state which atleast provide better conditions for Libyans than what Ghaddafi-government could provide, whatever it may cost. Its the only way NATO intervention can be somewhat justified. But reality shows a completely different picture.

Radical insurgent groups and warlords gained power simply because NATO removed a stable functioning government and did not even try to build a new and better government. Chaos thrives in powervacum.
The responsibility for the situation is squarely at the Islamist and War Lords together with their supporters.
It is also a failure of Libyan leadership.
If Gaddafi had been a good leader, he would have prepared the society for self rule, but since he was an awful leader who struck rich through oil, he did not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom