What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
The US spends a lot of money on humanitarian aid around the world. The US, as a government and as a society, has given a lot of technology, art and science to the rest of the world. Occasionally, yes it does happen, the US uses its global power to hold murderous dictators accountable for crimes against their people.

The US is a vigilante, sort of like Daredevil and Moon Knight. They think they are killing bad people when in fact they are murderers of all sorts of people both good and bad.

NATO needs to keep sending in more artillery. I know the U.S. has hundreds of M109s sitting in storage somewhere. Same for the rest of the NATO countries. Arty just sitting around in storage. No excuse that it would take long to get them ready and so on. We don't know how long the war will last. Could be many months or years. Also need to send in HIMARS and M270s. The war in Donbas is now the War of Artilleries.

NATO needs to keep sending in more artillery. I know the U.S. has hundreds of M109s sitting in storage somewhere. Same for the res of the NATO countries. Arty just sitting around in storage. No excuse that it would take long to get them ready and so on. We don't know how long the war will last. Could be many months or years. Also need to send in HIMARS and M270s. The war in Donbas is now the War of Artilleries.

Old artillery won't make any difference. Simply easy prey for Russian attack jets and helicopters and drones.

Last edited:
What good has US (the smallest country in the semi continent of north amerika) done? I am eager to hear.

You finally got what was the most important thing for Ossis of your generation.

banana_64728013.jpg

NATO needs to keep sending in more artillery. I know the U.S. has hundreds of M109s sitting in storage somewhere. Same for the rest of the NATO countries. Arty just sitting around in storage. No excuse that it would take long to get them ready and so on. We don't know how long the war will last. Could be many months or years. Also need to send in HIMARS and M270s. The war in Donbas is now the War of Artilleries.

US guided rocket artillery would be particularly devastating to Russian forces. They may be sent in the new $16B weapons package.

The Ukrainian counteroffensive northeast of Kharkiv is making significant progress and will likely advance to the Russian border in the coming days or weeks. Russian forces may be conducting a limited withdrawal in the face of successful Ukrainian attacks and reportedly destroyed three bridges to slow the Ukrainian advance. Armies generally only destroy bridges if they have largely decided they will not attempt to cross the river in the other direction anytime soon; Russian forces are therefore unlikely to launch operations to retake the northeast outskirts of Kharkiv liberated by Ukrainian forces in the near future. Russian forces previously destroyed several bridges during their retreat from Chernihiv Oblast—as did Ukrainian forces withdrawing in the face of the Russian offensive in the initial days of the war.

This Ukrainian offensive is likely intended to push Russian forces out of artillery range of Kharkiv city and drive to the border of Russia’s Belgorod Oblast. As ISW previously forecasted, the Ukrainian counteroffensive is forcing Russian units intended for deployment elsewhere to redeploy to the Kharkiv front to halt Ukrainian attacks. Given the current rate of Ukrainian advances, Russian forces may be unable to prevent Ukrainian forces from reaching the Russian border, even with additional reinforcements. Ukrainian forces are not directly threatening Russian lines of communication to Izyum (and ISW cannot verify claims of a separate Ukrainian counteroffensive toward Izyum at this time), but the Ukrainian counteroffensive demonstrates promising Ukrainian capabilities and may set conditions for further offensive operations into northeastern Kharkiv Oblast.

Things are looking bleak for Russia in the Kharkiv region

I wonder how long it will take to make Ukraine's Army to be able to take the fight onto mainland Russia to outflank the rear of the soldiers and cut off their supply lines in Russia.. Would make it harder for Russia yto control the narrative of this being a Special Operation and not a full blown war which it is.

Last edited:
US guided rocket artillery would be particularly devastating to Russian forces. They may be sent in the new $16B weapons package.
Hopefully, I know some countries are sending in their own M109s especially Italy. Helps the Ukrainians with shoot and scoot tactic.

Important thread please read

It would seem as this is the last stand for the defenders of Mariupol inside Azov Steel Plant.

Some revelations:

NATO refused to supply Azov with Javelins as per the commander interviewed on Skype
—-
This was their last message:

Samoilenko: “We are encircled. We spent our resources on the defense of Mariupol.” He says nothing was saved for them personally. “We are, here, basically dead men. Most of us know this. It’s why we fight so fearlessly.”

—-
As a Pakistani to me these men have fought like lions to defend their country - one can’t deny that.

"As a Pakistani to me these men have fought like lions to defend their country - one can’t deny that."

Indeed. Salute to them. Not saying I like them or not or even think it was wise to have stayed on after were giving exit out of Mariupol by Russia weeks ago. But they sure have fought like lions and will be remembered by history.
And I hope the war ends with the full capture of Mariupol, Putin would have the 'consolation prize' to end the war. Going for the total capture of Ukrainian south and east would be too costly and a bloodbath; it would be utterly criminal.

I wonder how long it will take to make Ukraine's Army to be able to take the fight onto mainland Russia to outflank the rear of the soldiers and cut off their supply lines in Russia..
They don't need to invade Russian mainland. They can attack it with artillery. Belgorod supply depots would be within artillery range along with the supply lines leading into and out of Ukraine.

Only a few can be deployed in battle. There is severe fuel shortage in Ukraine and Russian attack jets, helicopters, drones are killing Ukrainian logistics trucks left and right.

I wonder how long it will take to make Ukraine's Army to be able to take the fight onto mainland Russia to outflank the rear of the soldiers and cut off their supply lines in Russia.. Would make it harder for Russia yto control the narrative of this being a Special Operation and not a full blown war which it is.

Russia has 4 times the population of Ukraine. Invading the Russian mainland would be suicidal.

Hopefully, I know some countries are sending in their own M109s especially Italy. Helps the Ukrainians with shoot and scoot tactic.

Forpost-R pilots are salivating. Self propelled artillery are harder to replace losses than towed artillery.

"As a Pakistani to me these men have fought like lions to defend their country - one can’t deny that."

Indeed. Salute to them. Not saying I like them or not or even think it was wise to have stayed on after were giving exit out of Mariupol by Russia weeks ago. But they sure have fought like lions and will be remembered by history.
And I hope the war ends with the full capture of Mariupol, Putin would have the 'consolation prize' to end the war. Going for the total capture of Ukrainian south and east would be too costly and a bloodbath; it would be utterly criminal.

Mariupol siege is a joke compared to Deir es Zor siege and Abu Duhur airbase siege.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom