What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slapping Nato is a dream only retards dream off. I'll see the day when Russia even whoofs at Nato. War is no joke and neither is Nato the Russian Conventional capabilities are being uncovered in this very conflict. Everything is for show and tell folks.

Yes they are being uncovered and it shows that they're absolutely dominant.

US took 3 weeks to enter Baghdad in 2003 after beating Iraq down for over 10 years in a 6v1. Russia already encircling Kiev in a 1v1 surprise attack. This is one of the fastest conquests in history.

Really...???

Finish Prime Minister Sanna Marin on Thursday said Russia’s invasion of Ukraine will change the debate around NATO membership within her country.​
"Finland is not currently facing an immediate military threat, but it is also now clear that the debate on NATO membership in Finland will change," Marin said, YLE News reported.​
Finland has been debating for months whether the country should apply for NATO membership, with Marin saying it would require broad support for the country to move forward with an application.​
There are two types of membership for any club: explicit and implicit. Or overt and covert, if you want another explanation.

Explicit and overt are self explanatory. The membership is open for everyone to see. But implicit and covert are different and actually more serious. Implicit is theoretical or virtual. The ideals of the club are attractive and may actually be common to aspirants. Covert is where even though membership is not official, there are cooperation between active club members and the aspirants.

Спасибо, Vladimir Putin, for securing future NATO members of both types. :enjoy:

It wasnt like Sweden and Finland didnt want to become NATO members in the past either you know? But fear of Soviet hostility made them go for neutrality. Of course that changed when soviet power collapsed.

If the consequnece of Finnish and Swedish NATO aspiration is what what see in Ukraine today, then that is not what i wish for my scandinavian brotherly nations.

Sumy streets chanting Ukranian anthem

It was the region where the clashes were most intense for 3 days and yesterday it was said that the city was completely under control.

Even Mariopul, which was under Russia's nose, did not fall yet.

Ukraine seems start to have recovered from the initial shock. Their morale is quickly recovering.

UAE and India expected to abstain and VETO from China and Russia. - UNSC ( AP NEWS Presser)

Looks like China is going to abstain aswell - and if China does - then it is a "moral victory" ( what ever that means ).

O/T:
Maybe I am getting old, but please can I ask friends here to say a prayer for peace, if nothing else for the future of children - regardless of their faith, colour, creed. If you don't pray, no issues, just take a minute to reflect or donate some money to UNICEF/WFP/Red Cross.

US took 3 weeks to enter Baghdad in 2003 after beating Iraq down for over 10 years in a 6v1. Russia already encircling Kiev in a 1v1 surprise attack. This is one of the fastest conquests in history.

The second one we have seen by Taliban against Indian Army Version 2 aka Afghan Alien Army & NDS -- trained by Amreekans & Indians for 15+ years LOL this is third fastest .. first one was 152/0

Last edited:
@F-22Raptor Is the F-35 still refuelling at Poland?

When can we expect it to do something useful...
Ooooohhhh...You guys have no idea how useful the F-35 is even when it is OUTSIDE the borders of conflict areas. Just because we do not publish what the F-35 found, it does not mean its flights are useless. But am glad that YOU mock the F-35 and I hope more people thinks shallowly like you do.

Looks like China is going to abstain aswell - and if China does - then it is a "moral victory" ( what ever that means ).
China is going to use her veto power, and there is a reason for this. All this has made China uncomfortable but also feel emboldened.

After the Czech Republic and Poland, Bulgaria closed its airspace to Russia.
Bulgaria was expected to tow the line, Bulgaria has a very bad history with Russia. That entire Slavic belt does.

O/T:
Maybe I am getting old, but please can I ask friends here to say a prayer for peace, if nothing else for the future of children - regardless of their faith, colour, creed. If you don't pray, no issues, just take a minute to reflect or donate some money to UNICEF/WFP/Red Cross.

War is bad business. I am not in favor of it, but when it comes to an invading force my sympathies always lie with the defenders.

Spare me ur prattle. Russian convoys have been mauled, soldiers were taken into captivity. Soviet Relics don't last long against Nato standards. The Russians have been bombing the Ukrainians for 2 days straight from cruise missiles to Groms knocking out major military warehouses and airfields alike. Yet they cannot even maintain air Superiority. Talking about their armoured thrust well that was a complete oversight. When you come expecting roasted beef you leave with a can of beans. It's called war my friend. The Russians have been pummeled by a smaller force.
Pummeled ? Are you sure ? Isolated events that are being highlighted in social media is not a pummeling.... In the same way as you claim Russia whoofing at Nato.... Nato should try and meow at Russia for once... Remember Georgia ? They've done it before they are doing it again while Biden is presenting " intelligence " report to China lmao ... he's asking for help from China... Most of the Nato countries would run away from the fight... A few hate each others guts... Meanwhile humpty dumpty calling all the men.... Oh sorry non-binary beings and unicorns to fight the bear... please stay humble and stop Nato worshipping.... It's not what it used to be..

Putin was the second leader in recent history to openly call on a country's army to stage a coup. ( guess the first one?)

However, less than a day later, the following statement was made:

Spokesperson of the President of Ukraine: "Kiev and Moscow are discussing the place and time of the negotiations."

Let's wait and see. We don't know until it's over. Early days yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom