What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed makes no sense keeping Russians troops bogged down in Azovstal. It’s troops your not moving to reinforce other positions, they should have a week ago scorched earth that place and not waste time on holed up people. I just don’t understand some of these Russian war planners and I think Putin is to involved trying to make this a little operation number and scale wise. Just dumb planning.
The reason why Putin wants to take Mariupol is the same why Hitler wanted to take Stalingrad at all cost.
The southern ports are utmost strategic important, nearly all Ukraine wheat exports, natural resources as mangan lie there.
Hitler wanted to starve Soviet Union. Putin wants to starve Ukraine. And large parts of the world.

I doubt that the Ukrainians will get long rang missiles. There's a clear limit to what NATO and the US are willing to provide, weapons threatening the Russian heartland is one of them.

Besides, long range missiles won't help much as the immediate fighting is within Ukraine itself.
Just to give you an idea of how important such weapons could do. It could threaten supply depots in Crimea, even sink their naval fleet parked at Sevastopol. Even hit their bridge that brings in supplies and troops from that Crimea bridge. Also can hit Belgorod without having to risk sending in their pilots with helos. Of course the Ukrainians can use other means to hit Belgorod since its closer to the Ukrainian-Russian border. Also with long range missiles they can launch from safer distance as well. I mean just look at what Russia has been doing to hit Western Ukraine without risking their planes going there in fear of being shot down.

Iskander artillery continues to pummel Ukrainian ground targets

Su-25 ground attack jets continue to pummel Ukrainian ground targets

Just to give you an idea of how important such weapons could do. It could threaten supply depots in Crimea, even sink their naval fleet parked at Sevastopol. Even hit their bridge that brings in supplies and troops from that Crimea bridge. Also can hit Belgorod without having to risk sending in their pilots with helos. Of course the Ukrainians can use other means to hit Belgorod since its closer to the Ukrainian-Russian border. Also with long range missiles they can launch from safer distance as well. I mean just look at what Russia has been doing to hit Western Ukraine without risking their planes going there in fear of being shot down.

In retaliation China will openly join the war and pummel Ukraine and Taiwan.

Last edited:
Mariupol forces the Russians to either keep badly needed troops in Mariupol to blockade Ukrainian troops in Azovstal, which jeopardizes other fronts, OR they withdraw forces to reinforce other areas, allowing Ukrainian forces to breakthrough. Azovstal is HUGE, it is pretty much impossible to completely lock it down without tens of thousands of soldiers, which Russia needs badly to redeploy in other fronts.
Azovstal is huge yes, but needing tens of thousands of troops to keep it locked down? That's a bit over exaggerated. They need fewer than a thousand men, artillery/mortar support readily available as well as drone cover available and thats it. That should be enough to prevent a breakout.

i was wondering if someone would reply on that idiotic statement about syrian mercenaries.
You see the person from which that idiotic statement came from.

No reply needed.

I dropped him where the sun and moon never shine and cockroaches and mould dwell.

Perhaps you should do the same too so you can have more time to enjoy your coffee and smell roses

You see the person from which that idiotic statement came from.

No reply needed.

I dropped him where the sun and moon never shine and cockroaches and mould dwell.

Perhaps you should do the same too so you can have more time to enjoy your coffee and smell roses
i am not in that stage yet but thx for suggestion.

Smerch artillery pummel Ukrainian ground targets

0       1de3a22edb218e4d890a_70ca4270_540.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: mmr
An excellent analysis of Russia's plan B and the future of the war. 20 minutes, worth watching.

Plan B to redeploy to Donbas is also failing according to latest news.... What is Russian's Plan C???

Russia should start using tactical nukes (smaller yield not full nukes)....

I doubt that the Ukrainians will get long rang missiles. There's a clear limit to what NATO and the US are willing to provide, weapons threatening the Russian heartland is one of them.

Besides, long range missiles won't help much as the immediate fighting is within Ukraine itself.
See Doolittle Raiders. But look at the situation this way...

For starter, there is no doubt that Russia failed in many aspects of the war. As an Air Force guy, I pointed out enough on how the VKS failed and that DIRECTLY affected the ground war. Then Gary pointed out how the Russian Army failed many aspects of the ground war such as logistics and multiple fronts.

Next, since it is US intent to have the Russian military as weak as possible, what if there come a point where attacking deep into Russian home soil accomplish that goal? Or even just to move slightly towards that goal? If the US/NATO supply Ukraine enough, there would be spares to launch into Russia home soil then see Doolittle Raiders effects.

NOW Russia decides to take out Ukrainian transport infra?? This should've been done at the very start.

Reactions: Ich
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom