What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biden cannot win anything with his current level of popularity. So Russians have to hold out till 2024 for their boy to be back in office :D
It would be a miracle if Biden is still alive in 2024. But trump is getting quite old as well.

And there is no telling what congress or the military industrial complex will do if trump turns out to be pro Putin.

There was the threat that they could designate Russia a state sponsor of Terrorism? Do you think that is likely after they see what happened there? That will have pretty significant impact on Russia because that will hurt their trade with all nations.

Btw, are they going there today, Sunday April 24th; any significance of them going on Orthodox Easter?

Last edited:
It would be a miracle if Biden is still alive in 2024. But trump is getting quite old as well.

And there is no telling what congress or the military industrial complex will do if trump turns out to be pro Putin.
Orrin Hatch, Republican Senator from Utah just kicked the bucket, so it’s more likely then not a Pro-Trumper will take his place. We may not have to wait till 2024, because if either or both houses of Congress shift Republican they may hold up funding for military aid to Ukraine if Trump signals his disapproval of how Russia is being dealt with.

Don't count on it. Tucker has a full hard-on for Putin. Trump will get re-elected in 2024 and Republicans will switch sides immediately!

Indeed, there is a big bearing on the current Russia-Ukraine war on who becomes the next American President. Power does reside a lot in an American President's hands, despite admirable checks and balances in the system. Trump was a maverick--perhaps one of those once in a century leaders. And I think Putin too is a maverick.

I don't see Biden as the President in 2024. I have believed he is a seat-warmer for Harris. I don't know much about her though but, in general, an American President is a 'composite' of various lobbies and power inputs and has to abide by those sources' inputs--unless a Trump props up.

We sure are living in interesting--and dangerous times!

PS. My advice: Buy real assets! I am about to buy 12 acres of land near my home, after mostly clearing my stock investments. @PakFactor

Orrin Hatch, Republican Senator from Utah just kicked the bucket, so it’s more likely then not a Pro-Trumper will take his place. We may not have to wait till 2024, because if either or both houses of Congress shift Republican they may hold up funding for military aid to Ukraine if Trump signals his disapproval of how Russia is being dealt with.
Listen to the senators and reps. there is zero chance of that happening.

NATO is an expansionist pact. Their aim is try to steal as much other land as possible. Its a colonial organization in disguise. Not much different from Imperial Japan or Nazi Germany. Russia is a fat meat. Good target to be invaded. Russia need to defend themselves against such evil organization.

How is NATO stealing land? Who's land has been stolen?

If their guided cruise missiles aren’t working it’s no wonder they are losing this war. Their only hope is ground power; artillery. Sending more men into the meat grinder then the opponent to win a war of attrition.

Sickening

Russians used that tactic succesfully during Soviet times when they could throw soldiers from other republics into the meat grinder but now they gotta use almost 100% their own boys.

Indeed, there is a big bearing on the current Russia-Ukraine war on who becomes the next American President. Power does reside a lot in an American President's hands, despite admirable checks and balances in the system. Trump was a maverick--perhaps one of those once in a century leaders. And I think Putin too is a maverick.

I don't see Biden as the President in 2024. I have believed he is a seat-warmer for Harris. I don't know much about her though but, in general, an American President is a 'composite' of various lobbies and power inputs and has to abide by those sources' inputs--unless a Trump props up.

We sure are living in interesting--and dangerous times!

PS. My advice: Buy real assets! I am about to buy 12 acres of land near my home, after mostly clearing my stock investments. @PakFactor
Harris cant win office. She is a black woman with zero charisma. She obviously cares less about europe than any white president would. why would she care about europe? But she'll follow the party line.

Trump would have massive presidential power, but the whole government and all CIA and military would turn on him if he supported Putin. He would literally have to avoid every briefing ever offered to him. I am not concerned about trump. If this war is still going on in 2024, just imagine what Russia's army would look like. by then they will have lost their entire professional army if it continues at this rate.

2024 will look very different.

To what end, it doesn’t make sense. It this case, it’s probably incompetence, because what strategic, operational or even tactical benefit does that strike one a civilian apartment far from the front serve?

To terrorize the civilian population

How is NATO stealing land? Who's land has been stolen?

Russians used that tactic succesfully during Soviet times when they could throw soldiers from other republics into the meat grinder but now they gotta use almost 100% their own boys.
That’s true, the Soviets did use those tactics. Central Asians sent into Afghanistan to be used like cannon fodder.

To terrorize the civilian population
I guess your right, at this point I wouldn’t put anything past Putin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom