What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they wanted to reaming independently why did they want to join nato
I cannot speak for them. But in general, smaller countries tend to align themselves with larger allies when they feel threatened by larger powers. If you look at Ukranian history from before world war 1, they have always been under Russian threat. Russia's invasion of Georgia is the type of thing that will make a country like Ukraine look for larger allies.

In my experience working with Ukranians, they have always been pro western. Even the pro Putin Ukrainians from the Eastern part of the country (that I am in touch as and have worked with) want to settle in US/Canada. Those of them who got here want to move their entire family here somehow. Their attitude is very similar to that of South Asian people.

So take your pick. For security or economic prosperity, it is for them to decide.

I cannot speak for them. But in general, smaller countries tend to align themselves with larger allies when they feel threatened by larger powers. If you look at Ukranian history from before world war 1, they have always been under Russian threat. Russia's invasion of Georgia is the type of thing that will make a country like Ukraine look for larger allies.

In my experience working with Ukranians, they have always been pro western. Even the pro Putin Ukrainians from the Eastern part of the country (that I am in touch as and have worked with) want to settle in US/Canada. Those of them who got here want to move their entire family here somehow. Their attitude is very similar to that of South Asian people.

So take your pick. For security or economic prosperity, it is for them to decide.
Russias only demand was for Ukraine to remain independent of NATO. Did u miss this important point?

Russias only demand was for Ukraine to remain independent of NATO. Did u miss this important point?
Why do they have to trust Russia? A country that they perceive to be an ethno national state?

Will Pakistan be ready to take dictates from India?

Last edited:

🗓 Top News Today

🇷🇺Russian Ministry of Defence launches a new multimedia historical project "Mariupol. Liberation", dedicated to one of the most important episodes of the Donbass operation in 1943

💥The Russian Armed Forces continue to #DemilitariZation of Nazis:
▫️another high-precision weaponry strike was carried out against the military infrastructure of AFU;
▫️strike by high-precision long-range Kalibr missiles near the railway station of Miliorativnoe destroyed up to a battalion of enemy personnel with weapons and military equipment;
▫️1 Ukrainian Mi-8 helicopter, 1 Buk-M1 surface-to-air missile system and 1 electronic warfare station were destroyed at airfield near Barvenkovo;
▫️footage of a fortified area abandoned by the Armed Forces of Ukraine with dead bodies and military equipment has been published;

▫️Russian Armed Forces' engineering troops have taken control of the arsenal of the Ukrainian Armed Forces in Kharkov Region.

▫️ All remnants of the Ukrainian Azov Nazis, together with foreign mercenaries from the US and European countries, are securely locked inside the Azovstal plant. Demands that the women and children allegedly with them be released to travel freely in any direction are ignored by Nazis. The procedure for civilians, if there are any, to leave Azovstal for further evacuation is reported to the Nazis every hour.

▫️Mariupol residents were able to move freely through the streets without having to hide from Ukrainian Nazi shelling. Humanitarian aid is being delivered and the DPR authorities are organising the clearing of rubble from the streets.

📑Selected National Guard of Ukraine casualty figures (https://****/mod_russia_en/1044) obtained from actual Ukrainian documents have been published. It discloses significant casualties among military personnel of the military unit 3017.

#MoD #Russia #Ukraine

Last edited:
where you were from and still waiting
So that is your so-called original question which has nothing to do with the topic and you make a whoaha about it.

Do you understand what is privacy?

You have asked a personal question which I reserved the right not to respond.

Although I suspects many in here already knew the answer.

All I am prepared to tell you is I am a citizen of a nation whose GDP per capita exceeds those of the US and where we the citizen abides by and respects the laws of the land.

No. I am neither a Russian nor a Chinese National.

So don't you think it is rather strange when we come across such reports.

I thought the Russians were the bad guys in here and the good guys the Ukrainian Forces and AZOV the defenders get a beating from the locals.

Who should we believe?

Who is telling the truth?

Last edited:
The NATO is giving such deadly weapons in such numbers that Russia will either get defeated, stalemated, degraded or at best get a pyrrhic victory.
If they want NATO members to fall out on this policy, they will have to beat them with their own schtick... Anti-aircraft, NLAWs, kamikaze drones " lost" in Ukraine should mysteriously turn up in the hands of Somali militias and pirates, Yemeni militias, Hezbollah and Hamas, Iraqi militias, Mexican cartels, breakaway IRA, Catalonians, Greek Red army etc.
Somali and Yemeni pirates can easily be persuaded to target shipping to and from NATO with NLAWs for a price for example.
There can be a hundred variations of accidents.. and used NATO weapons left behind. Russia has basically nothing left to loose at this point... They have been driven to the wall.
Also, the Chechen footages with takbeers may be good PR with the huge Muslim crowd. They should mention incessantly that Ukraine were part of the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom