What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge loss for russian navy. But, this is full scale war so losses are bound to happen. In the end whoever wins will be right and the who is loses will be wrong.

That's what these arm chair generals don't understand, wars are unpredictable.

Last edited:
Perhaps the Russians first phase was to test the UA army and their weapons?
This war really showcases deficiencies of most of Russian military equipment in 21st century warfare. I don't understand why our government still keeps on buying Russian Junks. In past I get it we l had very tight defense budget nor had access to military tech from West but now that we do still 70% of our weapon purchase are of Russian origin God knows why. And cost isn't a factor while Russian equipment costs less upfront it's service and maintenance cost makes it way more more expensive and headache. Not to forget we have to spend further again to upgrade those equipments with local/israeli/western subsystems.

In reality if western equipment is used against a determined and similarly equipped army such as the UA army, you’d see a ton of aircraft loses and tank loses as well. Such a war has not been fought since the Yugo wars, don’t let the western policing “wars” in Iraq make you think western jets are invincible. Real wars always have massive losses.

Perhaps the Russians first phase was to test the UA army and their weapons?

In reality if western equipment is used against a determined and similarly equipped army such as the UA army, you’d see a ton of aircraft loses and tank loses as well. Such a war has not been fought since the Yugo wars, don’t let the western policing “wars” in Iraq make you think western jets are invincible. Real wars always have massive losses.
Huh? How many western jets do you think were lost in the bombing of Serbia?

It can be assumed all sailors on the russian flagship are dead. It were stormy conditions, ship was in fire and rolled on its side. Thats a massive loss for Putlerist Regime and a loss it cant counter anytime soon.

Slava Ukraini!

Reactions: mmr
Name one country where A2/AD arrangements could NOT be breached in times of war.

Iraq?
Yugoslavia?
Libya?
Syria?
Israel?
Ukraine?
Russia?

Saudi A2/AD arrangements have produced numerous intercepts and prevented much damage in the country:

The-Missile-War-in-Yemen.png

Saudi territory is huge and very costly to shield, however.

A2/AD arrangements are found to be historically ~30% effective in warfare (percentage was much lower in some countries). Saudi A2/AD arrangements have produced better results in comparison. This is in part due to superior technologies in use.

Credit should be given where due.

The world see many overlapping safe covered zones of defenses.

Yet the launching and hits were made by several missiles.

To date, records could not even find the tracks where the missiles came from , and if the installations not hit, might not even have existed.

1602377212761.png

1602377146518.png

4a5fa3802642.jpg

USA still trying to blame right and left but themselves and their defense systems for that fiasco.

Telling me about so-called areas that you claimed to be invulnerable is as good as saying USA won WW2 (when it was actually USSR and CHina who did the vast job of killing the Nazis and the Japs) as excuse to USA attempt to cross Yalu river and Vietnam fiasco .

You will have the last word after this answer from me.

I been warned for trolling and I guess its because I tried to answer you.

I am almost of the mind to BLOCK you so I not be warned again , or even to see your carefully crafted logic which you craft to your total satisfaction no doubt.

I will play safe and henceforth will not answer you or even want to see your postings other than to scroll it down as fast as possible

That will increase Ukrainian defense.
For the first time, the US will provide 18 155mm Howitzers and 40,000 artillery rounds.

Howitzer Training

Paratroopers from 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division conduct a range exercise in NE Syria on Dec. 9, 2020. The 82nd Airborne Division 2nd Brigade Combat Team is deployed in support of Operation Inherent Resolve. (U.S. Army photo by Spc. Sidney Perry)

The U.S. Army has released a new video giving the first look at a new and highly classified weapon. “Long Range Effect” is a loitering munition, a drone which cruises for an extended period under operator control, locating targets with onboard sensors before diving down like a missile.

Missile diving on target

The new weapon is part of a family of munitions known as Air Launched Effects (ALE) launched from helicopters or other Army assets. The video was taken at the Experimentation Demonstration Gateway Event 2021, commonly known as Edge 21, at Dugway Proving Ground in Utah in May. The video shows a variety of new technologies at work. There are clips of a light combat vehicle launching a smaller loitering munition, ALE-Small. This is based on the Altius-600 drone, a highly capable system with a range of over 250 miles, which is also being upgraded with advanced artificial intelligence.

If ALE-Small has a range of 250 miles, how far out can a system described as Long Range reach?

Journalists at the event were shown but not allowed to take pictures of video of the new weapon and few details were released. Brig. Gen. Walter Rugen, in charge of Army aviation modernization, told Defense News in a recent interview that: “We have payloads that we want that are a little bit bigger, and so we have a form factor that is a bigger form factor.”

Loitering munitions are playing a significant role in this war.

The US Army tested a classified loitering munition last year that can strike targets well in excess of 400 km. The munition is pictured above. These are far more advanced than the Switchblades being used by the Ukrainians.

But then you aren't bothered by the more than 3000 Ukrainians that have surrendered yesterday. So which one is important: An aging ship vs 3000 men who were taken as prisoner of war and over 200 wounded that were also captured by the Russian forces?
False question.

For Russia, that 'aging' ship is an attack platform while Ukrainian POWs are a burden. So if we rephrase as which is more important in the context of UTILITY, then the 'aging' ship is more important. In this context, Russia lost more than gained. If Russia kill the Ukrainian POWs, then Russia incurs double jeopardy, the loss of a valuable attack platform no matter how 'aging' it maybe and the moral taint of executing POWs which is forbidden by accepted laws and norms of war.

In the end, Russia can lie/mislead the world about what happened, but the bottom line is that the loss of this attack platform, no matter how 'aging' it maybe, is a tactical tragedy, a loss of face, and a morale buster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom