What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Turkey will not veto a NATO expansion. That would be seen as an act of betrayal. I cant imagine what the US and UK would do.

I expect some trouble from Hungary, and even that would be hugely problematic, Hungary would be cut off in a major way and basically forced to accept Finland and Sweden.

Turkey has its own concerns and must surely be thinking it is on the list of countries to be invaded by Russia. And with the Russian threat hanging over turkey, it would be very brave of turkey to turn its back on NATO.

At the same time I can see the Turkish concerns, it is doubtful if NATO would even help Turkey in a meaningful way of it was ever invaded.
We have different conditions from the 1950s or the 80s. The military threat besieging Turkey right now is not Russia, but the United States. The unrestricted US military bases in Greece (One of them on the Turkish border) and the situation in eastern Syria are issues of concern for Turkey. The USA has provided 30,000 trucks of military equipment to the PKK so far, and they are probably the largest terrorist organization in the world right now. Right now, if Turkey leaves the union without completing its preparations, it will have to war NATO.

Turkey is a NATO member and has veto power. Its military size and importance in the union is obvious. Therefore, it is a very reasonable reflex for Turkey to take a stance on not including more countries that will act against its own national interests in the union. We have made this mistake in 1980. We won't do it again. While Turkey is conducting anti-terrorist operations: we will reckoning to every country when the time comes that tries to politically protect this terrorist organization, does not extradite terrorists involved in terrorist crimes in Turkey, condemns Turkey for the operations carried out against these elements or even did an embargo decision.

Sorry Sweden. We don't need the F-35 or any other US bribes. You cannot dream of NATO without closing PKK offices and media, without giving written assurances to Turkey, in short, without your idiotic politicians leaving populism and acting in line with the interests of the country.

Chinese TV report inside Mariupol:

Main subtitle is in Chinese but the auto-generated English one works, too.

Why would anyone want to use Javelin to destroy a Grad?

Why not? I'd say striking Russian MLRS systems are even more valuable than tanks. Those rocket systems are the bulk of what's been destroying Ukrainian cities.

Why not? I'd say striking Russian MLRS systems are even more valuable than tanks. Those rocket systems are the bulk of what's been destroying Ukrainian cities.
Soldiers are now economists? Javelin is meant for tanks, isn't it? You can take out an MLRS with an old RPG.

Maybe in the end. If Russia is able to defeat Ukrainians in the south, according to Scott, they would likely march westward and threaten Lviv with two small branches heading towards Odessa and Kiev respectively. Threatening Kiev is probably for political purpose, not a military one. Odessa, on the other hand, is valuable both militarially and psychologically. Threatening Lviv would have a big impact on NATO.

He is quite a figure.

You can write an essay and sell to Putin.

Soldiers are now economists? Javelin is meant for tanks, isn't it? You can take out an MLRS with an old RPG.
You don’t see it? The target is too far away.

A Russian MLRS is a high value target. I doubt they care what they destroy it with.

The US has sent 7,000 Javelins and 7,000+ AT-4 anti armor weapons. There's plenty of weapons to go around.

A Russian MLRS is a high value target. I doubt they care what they destroy it with.

The US has sent 7,000 Javelins and 7,000+ AT-4 anti armor weapons. There's plenty of weapons to go around.
Sure. You are paying for this, of course. I have no position in judging how you'd like to spend your money. :)

BuU6mbq.gif

Change of sentiment
Majority of Germans support the country delivering of offensive weapons to Ukraine.

34306148b74b76506a3f52270d53473c.jpg

Kampfpanzer vom Typ Leopard 2 A7V bei einer Übung auf dem Truppenübungsplatz

Sure. You are paying for this, of course. I have no position in judging how you'd like to spend your money. :)

I think the US should be spending a $1T+ on defense. The US is still well below what it was spending during the Reagan era as a percentage of GDP.

Completing destroying the Russian Army is well worth it. It will take them many years to replace what they've lost, if ever.

I think the US should be spending a $1T+ on defense. The US is still well below what it was spending during the Reagan era as a percentage of GDP.

Completing destroying the Russian Army is well worth it. It will take them many years to replace what they've lost, if ever.
I doubt it but everyone has the liberty in his own mental entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom